PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Scratches RIM

tkao2025
March 30th, 2007, 12:13
HI all,

I've posted this on the Audi Forum too. I just had my summer tires put back on my S6 and had the car detailed. When I got home I noticed that my RIM's were scratched in the front like someone rode a curb......I was not happy. My question is would the dealer help to fix the wheel or replace? I mean would they think I'm trying to pull a fast one? The scratches are fresh and as soon as I got the car in November I pretty much put my snow tires on them....So I'm almost 100% sure it was not done by me.

tazsura
March 30th, 2007, 12:17
Dealer did the same to our front two wheels on our B5 A4 years back. They did a refurb on all four wheels as courtesy!:D

Taz :wo:

Lateknight
March 30th, 2007, 18:25
HI all,

I've posted this on the Audi Forum too. I just had my summer tires put back on my S6 and had the car detailed. When I got home I noticed that my RIM's were scratched in the front like someone rode a curb......I was not happy. My question is would the dealer help to fix the wheel or replace? I mean would they think I'm trying to pull a fast one? The scratches are fresh and as soon as I got the car in November I pretty much put my snow tires on them....So I'm almost 100% sure it was not done by me.

Sickener :noshake:
Did the dealer fit the summer tyres or do any work to your car in the past couple of days?
If they did, time is your enemy. If you suspect the dealers at fault you need to contact them as soon as possible. The longer you leave it the less chance they will contribute.
Be forcefull with them (not rude or aggressive) and explain to them why you think they did it (or why you could not have done it).
If they have any customer care policy, they should at least offer to have the wheels refurbished for you.

tkao2025
March 30th, 2007, 18:29
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I actually picked up the car yesterday and saw the problem last night and called first thing in the morning. However, I've left a couple of messages and no reply as of yet and I even called the sales person. I guess we'll just wait and see, but the dealer must have insurance on their lot since accidents do happen.

It's hard, especially when I just got the car detailed and everything looks new.

Lateknight
March 30th, 2007, 18:50
I think you might have to go down there. (its not hundreds of miles away is it?)

Them not returning your calls is not very professional of them. I would bring that up aswell as a moot point. :nono:

tkao2025
March 30th, 2007, 19:13
Yeah and when Audi NA calls for follow up survey, I will let them have it.