PDA

View Full Version : BIG PROBLEM: doing new cluster 2 my 4.2 and needed the SKC number.....

AuditudeA642
March 30th, 2007, 00:14
I was using my vag-com and using directions that i got from ross tech to do a cluster change on my car. On the directions it said to finish the switch i needed the get and SKC number generated by my dealer by giving them by VIN. Well i took a ride there and went up to the guy at the service desk: I said to him: Hello, I am doing a cluster change in my car since my old one went bad and i need you to generate my SKC number to complete the switch. He at first didn't know what it was but after asking a service guy he goes to me wheres the car. I told him the car is home and i am not able to bring it here, can i have my number. He turns to me and says listen buddy what dont you understand? THE NUMBER CAN NOT BE DISCLOSED END OF STORY. I tried to talk to someone else but got the same answer. When i got home i called Audi USA and they told that the number can be disclosed but the dealer still kept telling me NO WAY! I am no extremely mad and unhappy and dont know what to do. I have a 2001 A6 4.2 and i am installing a refurbished RS6 cluster with 0 miles. Any of you get the number from the dealer or is does my dealer need some help in the head! Thanks guys please give me some answers. Thanks.................

skiwi
March 30th, 2007, 05:03
the intention is to prevent either people clocking their cars, or people "re-furbishing" stolen cars. having the dealer sight the car, and verify your paperwork seems like a sensible precaution for the rest of us with targetted cars.

i suggest giving the dealer a dozen brown and asking him to hitch a ride with you to where the car is to verify bona fides.

compromise = the art of negotiation. if you are both a little unhappy, everyone wins...