PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 Sedan spyshots.

Iceman
March 29th, 2007, 21:26
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1158/w_RS6_MAR07_PRIDDY4.jpg
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1158/w_RS6_MAR07_PRIDDY5.jpg
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1158/w_RS6_MAR07_PRIDDY7.jpg

Hans.

skiwi
March 29th, 2007, 21:38
love those ur-quattro-esque guards! ditto the rear diffuser...

also looks like turbo intercooler vents at the front.

Ruergard
March 29th, 2007, 21:39
I really like what I see... just hope that the V10 TT is under the bonnet!:addict:

Damienr8
March 29th, 2007, 22:42
love those ur-quattro-esque guards! ditto the rear diffuser...

also looks like turbo intercooler vents at the front.

Agreed, love the Rear Diffuser. The ass on that car looks HOTT.:trash:

Still not convinced about the TT. Im still going with the NA V10 w/ 520hp

chewym
March 29th, 2007, 23:26
The RS6 finally comes out to play.

JavierNuvolari
March 29th, 2007, 23:50
Love way they let uncovered the grille with the four rings...it's like they're trying to say : Yes, this will be our new BMW M5 spanker :hihi:

vBob
March 30th, 2007, 03:48
my eyes hurt...

does it change colors to the surrounding?

Tony Lam
March 30th, 2007, 05:30
it means we should be able to take it home by next year:applause: .....can't wait!!:w:

AudiFanatic83
March 30th, 2007, 23:06
HMM looks like a great start, so I know the end product will be crazy. People had spyshots of the m3 for the past few months but the end product they revealed looked quite different than the spyshots. So with that said, these shots look great but we havent seen anything yet my friends (I have high hopes for this car)
:addict:

vec110
March 31st, 2007, 01:58
it states 600hp????? that would be sick...but i think highly unlikely!

as far as looks....it looks sweet..very subtle
:wo:

one more year!!!!

PeterJohn
March 31st, 2007, 10:55
So the RS6 isn't going to be a facelift model? That's a first.

vec110
March 31st, 2007, 12:45
I know this is a stupid question that has no bearing on if i would buy the car or not but.... is it just me or is the trunk very small??

Leadfoot
March 31st, 2007, 13:08
So the RS6 isn't going to be a facelift model? That's a first.

Not so sure about that, it is to be launched this year at around the same time as the facelift model so you tell me.

The gearbox is another thing undecided, DSG is coming but it looks like it wouldn't be here for the launch but we can still hope. As for the power output it's near enough a sure thing, the RS6 will have near enough 600hp and the looks are sticking very close to that of the RS4 which is nice. I notice that there is no vents in the bonnet so heat isn't a problem as first thought.

With pictures it's hard to determine what speed the car is travelling at but from the little lean into the corner it does look like the suspension is similar to the RS4 or possibly the MagneticRide.:wo:

QuattroFun
March 31st, 2007, 17:21
I am pretty excited to see what they have come up with - to me, it seems that they have done usually much testing on the new RS6. Chassis balance? Hiding the mass? Engine performance? I think a torque converter slush box - no DSG - is a given.

Rudi
April 1st, 2007, 09:36
I'm wondering,what should you RS6 owners prefer,a manual tranny or an AT?

aussie rs6
April 1st, 2007, 16:13
I will put in my 2 cents worth and say the suspension for the new RS6 will be magnetorheological fluid suspension similar to that fitted to the R8.

It certainly would be if Audi management read of the DRC isssues on the RS6 and RS4 chat pages.

Enough DRC warranty claims for the RS4 will provide fiscal impetus for a change from DRC.

It might also be adjustable for the ride as per the AMG E63, but audi building cars for the purists will probably not provide "boulevard cruiser" settings.

john :addict:

Sacha
April 1st, 2007, 19:29
any idea whether the new RS6 will feature "torque vectoring" Quattro?

(http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11281)

skiwi
April 1st, 2007, 20:10
hopefully....

http://wardsautoworld.com/ar/auto_audi_offer_torque/

Leadfoot
April 1st, 2007, 20:10
any idea whether the new RS6 will feature "torque vectoring" Quattro?

(http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11281)

It's possible but I doubt it. If there was any model you would have thought that would have featured it would have been the A5. This car is a totally new chassis and direction for Audi to once and for all put to bed the thought that Audi can't build a driver's car.

We know this new technology is expensive but still where better to show it's worth than the A5.

skiwi
April 1st, 2007, 21:14
but do we know that the a5q/s5 doesn't have it?

Leadfoot
April 1st, 2007, 22:17
but do we know that the a5q/s5 doesn't have it?

Well I think we can be pretty sure as Audi have talked about the new chassis, the new front suspension, the steering system, the re-position of the engine, in fact everything to prove this is a real driver's car so if ithad it surely they would be shouting from the very roof tops.

Mori
April 2nd, 2007, 02:55
I'm wondering,what should you RS6 owners prefer,a manual tranny or an AT?

If I were to buy an RS6 I'd definately want either a sequential or manual. Audi auto is a big no no after driving the S6 and S8. Porsche auto is the only one that gets the job done as it should.

skiwi
April 2nd, 2007, 07:47
Well I think we can be pretty sure as Audi have talked about the new chassis, the new front suspension, the steering system, the re-position of the engine, in fact everything to prove this is a real driver's car so if ithad it surely they would be shouting from the very roof tops.

i might be wrong, but one thing audi rarely shouts about is changes to quattro. it would be a nice thing for the rs6. afterall the last one debuted drc - which despite all the naysayers, works great when in spec (i was driving at aover 130km/hr over twisty roads this week-end with she-who-casts-no-shadow and she never mentioned the speed once!!!)
:lovl:

Leadfoot
April 2nd, 2007, 13:38
i might be wrong, but one thing audi rarely shouts about is changes to quattro. it would be a nice thing for the rs6. afterall the last one debuted drc - which despite all the naysayers, works great when in spec (i was driving at aover 130km/hr over twisty roads this week-end with she-who-casts-no-shadow and she never mentioned the speed once!!!)
:lovl:

You might be right but they shouted about the 40/60 torque split right away. I do understand that anything is possible but you must admit the most likely vehicle to get the new Quattro would be the A5 and the models there after.

Slayaah
April 2nd, 2007, 16:52
Agreed, love the Rear Diffuser. The ass on that car looks HOTT.:trash:

Still not convinced about the TT. Im still going with the NA V10 w/ 520hp

It's so much better with TT, I mean for all those who wants a fast allround car. They often wants a fast car thats easy to drive fast both on the highway and on the track. If you would some serious power out of a NA car without having a lot of stroke or cubic inch you have to use very "sharp" cams high lift and short opening time (don't know the words in english hope you understand anyway) to get a lot of power. You often loose a lot of the low rpm torque and a short powerband, with TT you don't get the same problem! You'll end up with an insane torque and still have the hp, torque is really useful on tracks to, just because you get a large power band and you don't need to shift as often :)
Gimme turbos in the new RS6!:wo:

steve
April 2nd, 2007, 21:57
A little something for the impatient ones :addict:

Full credits go to a mate who went to the Ring today! :bow:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/Avantus/th_156_5641.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/Avantus/?action=view&current=156_5641.flv)

For me this is 80% sure V10 sound... and do I hear turbo's when it's pulling away?

Leadfoot
April 2nd, 2007, 22:39
For me this is 80% sure V10 sound... and do I hear turbo's when it's pulling away?

There are turbos at work that is for sure.:dig: :wo:

chewym
April 2nd, 2007, 22:48
New photos. No camo, up close. Check them out.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_3026.shtml

Based on the video I have to say that it doesn't sound like an 8,000 RPM screamer. Plus the Fourtitude report says that it will be a 550 hp+ V10 twin turbo.

LU-RS6
April 2nd, 2007, 23:09

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/Avantus/th_156_5641.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/Avantus/?action=view&current=156_5641.flv)

GREAT WORK Steve! Thanks for posting! Rs6 V10 biturbo power!!

Leadfoot
April 2nd, 2007, 23:12
Hey guys,

After hearing and see how that thing pulls, does anyone think my April Fools trick just might come true.

LU-RS6
April 2nd, 2007, 23:18
Just look at it pull! :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

steve
April 2nd, 2007, 23:28
GREAT WORK Steve! Thanks for posting! Rs6 V10 biturbo power!!

thanks;)

but once again, all credits go to our Hillclimb buddy who went for a ringtrip today! :applause:

vec110
April 2nd, 2007, 23:48
thats a sweet video!!!!!! i hear turbos!!!!!! the badging on the other car still states v10 im still hoping for the v10 although wouldnt really car if it was an eight just as long as it produces around 550+ and has TT.

Slayaah
April 3rd, 2007, 08:09
Just saw the video, didn't make out anything about the engine first (laptop) but connected the headphones.. and OUCH IT SCREAMS!!.. By listening to it, it's no doubt about it, it is a V10 twinturbo! =)

Leadfoot
April 3rd, 2007, 08:46
Is it just me or does that thing change gear very quickly for an automatic.:eye:

skiwi
April 3rd, 2007, 11:50
correct, it changes gear like a manual....

not like a auto, and not like a dsg....

Ruergard
April 3rd, 2007, 13:40
Man... BMW and Merc should be running for the hills right now. THAT MUST BE A BITURBO V10, CAN'T BE NOTHING ELSE!!!!! :thumb::thumb:

That's true Leadfoot, it does change gear very fast...

Toto89
April 3rd, 2007, 16:50
Strange...for me it sounds definitely V8, i think biturbo one. I drove the S6 and the V10 have a different sound (or maybe my memory is wrong about it:confused: ).

Marcus Frost
April 3rd, 2007, 20:31

Steve,

I love you. Fired this email off to my sales guy @ Audi. This car is really getting me excited... :rs6kiss:

-m

Slayaah
April 3rd, 2007, 20:54
Strange...for me it sounds definitely V8, i think biturbo one. I drove the S6 and the V10 have a different sound (or maybe my memory is wrong about it:confused: ).

I drove the S6 V10 too, I really hear the same engine sound you hear from the S6 but it get's abit "eaten" by the turbos.. But it's a while since it was released, and I would have forgotten it too but got a really nice test drive so I remember every detail :)

The sound is almost like the V8 but if you listen closely to the V8 you hear the extra ignition per round.. Well it's hard to explain.. But pm me if you want me to explain more specific :jlol:

Leadfoot
April 3rd, 2007, 22:23
By the way guys, it's BI-TURBO not TWIN-TURBO just like the old S4 and RS4. :D

And as for my 7:52 lap time for the ring, that was a bad joke and shouldn't have happened, especially for those of you hoping to see the RS6 give the M5 a good kicking. Well listen here THE RS6 IS GOING TO DESTROY THE M5, M6 and ZM COUPE AROUND THE RING AND I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE REGARDING THE M3v8.:hahahehe: Because the real time is actually not far off what the RS6 is doing.:deal:

Sorry I can't reveal my source but trust me he is very close to the RS6 programme and I know some will find this hard to believe but this time I am not joking.:thumb:

vec110
April 4th, 2007, 01:11
hey i hate to do this but i just read a post in the rsx forum and it stated that the new rs6 will not be making it to north america unless they can do 3000 sales?????? this cannot be true no?:vhmmm:

Kimbo
April 4th, 2007, 03:35
V10, Bi-Turbo and Automatic Transmission. Might have to get the RS4 a playmate :-)

M3 owner
April 4th, 2007, 08:00
here's the avant

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/gcf/spyphotoID/6070403.004/audi/spy-photos-new-audi-rs-models

jonas21
April 4th, 2007, 10:37
hah get me that avant! but without the trailer coupling lol.

Ruergard
April 8th, 2007, 16:42
By the way guys, it's BI-TURBO not TWIN-TURBO just like the old S4 and RS4. :D

And as for my 7:52 lap time for the ring, that was a bad joke and shouldn't have happened, especially for those of you hoping to see the RS6 give the M5 a good kicking. Well listen here THE RS6 IS GOING TO DESTROY THE M5, M6 and ZM COUPE AROUND THE RING AND I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE REGARDING THE M3v8.:hahahehe: Because the real time is actually not far off what the RS6 is doing.:deal:

Sorry I can't reveal my source but trust me he is very close to the RS6 programme and I know some will find this hard to believe but this time I am not joking.:thumb:

Leadie... stop playing with us and give us the info. This is making me crazy.. :stick: :thumb:

Leadfoot
April 8th, 2007, 18:00
Sorry mate, the time is unofficial and after what the RS4 posted in Audi hands compared to the official time I feel there is no need to tempt fate again. All I know is it will be impressive for such a large 4 door luxury saloon, remember the time to beat is 8:15 for the M5 and 8:09 for the M6 with trick tyres, anything better than that of the M6 will be a bonus right.:thumb: