PDA

View Full Version : RS 6 Thefts in Europe?

iconcls
May 8th, 2003, 12:28
Was wondering...it is my understanding that there was a very sophisticated theft ring that was preying on the RS 4's shortly after their introduction, has there been any similar larceny of european RS 6's?

Erik
May 8th, 2003, 13:05
Someone went to Audi HQ in Sweden. Grabbed the keys and left in a brand new RS 6.

This one is still missing as far as I know.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2&highlight=stolen

dabull
May 8th, 2003, 13:35
Danny Sullivan , Indy 500 winner and past Formula 1 driver, had an RS 6 for a short time before it was stolen from his home right outside Monaco. :addict:

Al Delemo
May 8th, 2003, 22:06
That was a RS4, and a total of 6 were stolen thru out Europe!

dabull
May 9th, 2003, 01:26
the carconnection.com
Ultimate power comes to Audi the easy way.
by Denise McCluggage 2/17/2003
How can you rate a car's desirability? According to the grapevine when the first half-dozen RS6 Audis were loosed in Paris, five of them were promptly stolen, including one belonging to Danny Sullivan.
In fact he did a special for something and he discussed the theft of his RS6.

Best wishes,

Bull:addict: :addict:

eph94
May 9th, 2003, 06:53
I always thought Danny Sullivan had an RS4 stolen. I wonder if the author of the article got it wrong. :confused:

Erik
May 9th, 2003, 09:27
The author of the article is wrong. It should be an RS4.

Speedracer
May 9th, 2003, 17:52
I believe the article was in Autoweek, and if I remember correctly it was an RS4. If it wasn't Autoweek, then it was on a program I saw on Speedvision. (Getting old-memory going :-{ )

dabull
May 9th, 2003, 21:41
I think you are right it was SpeedVision and he was reveiwing the new Audi TT 3.2 and talked about his RS 6 being stolen. Now you have me interested and I will try to find additional information on if it was an RS 6 or not.

steve
May 9th, 2003, 21:46
Hi,

A friend of mine told me a story about a friend of his.
He was one of the few owners of an RS4 over here(belgium :-))He was driving back from his work and stopped for a trafficlight when carjackers suddenly opened the door en stepped inside the vehicle.... they must have knewn about sort of an special alarm system that was on the car so they said to the man to drive to the french border.... there they kicked him out of his car and almost kicked him to dead.

Still hasn't found his car back and i've heard he'll never buy a car like that anymore

all really sad story's

Speedracer
May 10th, 2003, 00:22
Originally posted by dabull
I think you are right it was SpeedVision and he was reveiwing the new Audi TT 3.2 and talked about his RS 6 being stolen. Now you have me interested and I will try to find additional information on if it was an RS 6 or not.

Bull--
You've got my memory back up to speed. I remember the show and it was definitely an RS4. Not to worry. You're getting a faster car than the Indy 500 winner from Kentucky.

dabull
May 10th, 2003, 13:29
Wow! 12.5% of S4/RS4s insured in France in 2002 were stolen!!!
User account number (aid): 151
Posted by Rob O on 2003-05-03 00:12:37
Commonly known RS4s are fodder for Western European car theives, many brazen enough to break into owners' homes for the keys. There have even been a few high-profile jackings, like that including former racecar driver Danny Sullivan and his RS6 ... but that number is crazy when you consider the next closest vehicle on the list (E46 M3) was only boosted at a rate of 3.85%. Now I know why some of the guys in the UK make it a point to buy low key colors.

Here are stat extracts from the source publication (French auto mag), as posted on another forum:

1. Audi S4/RS4 : 12.5%
2. BMW M3 (current model) : 3.85 %
3. Audi S3 : 2.23%
4. Peugeot 306 HDI : 2.22%
5. Renault Twingo : 2.22%
7. BMW X5 : 1.93%
21. Posrche Boxster : 1.03%
49. Audi A4 : 0.21%
50. Smart : 0.19%