PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please...about to trade my RS6

RS6bird
March 29th, 2007, 12:30
Hi guys,

I am about to sell my RS6 avant with about 23k kms and am thinking about getting a '03 Maserati CoupeGT (it has 45k kms, is manual and has FMSH). It is the v8 with 390hp from the Ferrari 430. I'm selling the Audi because it is too big and I got my wife a family car, so now I can have something smaller and more fun. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
RS6bird

ruxprncd
March 29th, 2007, 13:46
cool car! make sure you're happy with the transmission - every review I read was *very* critical of the shift quality. i haven't had the pleasure to drive it myself, so can't offer a first-hand opinion.

Tony Lam
March 29th, 2007, 15:14
My friend had a 04 Maserati coupe before and he didn't like it much.....to me I would go for SLK55AMG as a second car......what do u think?

tkao2025
March 29th, 2007, 15:16
If you want a fun coupe maybe you should wait for the M3......If I was in your shoes that's probably what I would do or else get a used 911 CS.

Boosted-Bora
March 29th, 2007, 17:36
I have driven a few Maserati coupes and to tell you the truth they are junk I think they are slow and the handle poorly and honestly feel like a cheap Ferrari (as the are) I say test drive one first......and see for yourself :incar:

RS6bird
March 29th, 2007, 18:57
Thanks for the replies. This Maserati sort of came up with a very low price in a color combo (black met/tan interior with navigation, etc.) that I like, that's why I'm tempted. It wasn't a car I was looking at. The car is in another city from where I am, so I would need to take a plane to test drive.

The truth is I'd really like to get a nice 993 turbo, but they're hard to find and the low mileage ones are too expensive. I'm also thinking about a 996 turbo, but those are also a little expensive. I have a nice 964 turbo with very few kms that I like, but I've already had one of those and wanted something different. The new M3 would be great, but it is going to be too expensive at first.

Regarding the gearbox, I'd heard bad comments on the Cambiocorsa shift, not on the manual...can anyone tell me more?

RS6bird

tkao2025
March 29th, 2007, 19:06
I've always liked the 993 C4S, but is that too slow for you? It's a great car and one of the last air cooled 911's.

RS6bird
March 29th, 2007, 19:53
Love the 993 C4S, but I have a feeling it might feel a bit slow...I've gotten spoiled by the 450 horses of the RS6 and the twin turbo push...I think I need more power!

RS6bird

AuditudeA642
April 1st, 2007, 18:56
Get an RS4 or Something you might like is For Sale on MTM-Online.De. They have a Brand New S3 Tuned with everything but an engine chip. 42000 Euro is the asking price which you would probably have money left over after selling the RS6. With a simple chip and the other mods it already has it can easily be a 340HP car that could probably be as fast as your RS6. If your looking for something small and fast this is the car for you.http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=3&subnav=2&id=39

minimad
April 3rd, 2007, 06:49
this is my choice :

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3002435

if you are willing to spend time on mod.:mech: