PDA

View Full Version : Who will take the Veyrons crown?

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 15:42
Fastest 'production car' speed record.

'Shelby SuperCars Ultimate Aero' ?
http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/224986/

or

'9ff GT9' ?
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/207445/porsche_911.html

or maybe Bugatti should just turn the turbo boost up a little on a special edition Veyron, and push the production car speed record out of reach of these little upstarts. :hahahehe:

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 16:11
I'm not an aerodynamic engineer but the Shelby looks better suit to travel at these speeds, but who know.

I think both will beat it's record sooner or later but even if they do it's missing the point, the Veyron is an everyday usable hyper car that can be driven like a 1.0L city car that just happens to also be the fastest one in the world.

The real point is if they beat it will this lessen people's opinion of the Bugatti's achievement. Personally my answer would be no.

Ruergard
March 27th, 2007, 16:28
Don't forget this one.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.cfm/tunerid/7061204.001/country/gcf/Porsche/h-r-1054hp-mission-400-plus-porsche-997

And neither the CCXR...

Seriously fast cars and I think that atleast one of the Porsches and the Koenigsegg will be over 400 km/h this year. Though I agree on Leadfoots statement. Because of that the Veyron can be used every day in a city, and when you feel like it you can go and hit 400 km/h. That achivement is something that will be hard to beat...

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2007, 17:11
RUF´s Godzilla maybe? and what ever happened to the Edonis?

Sander
March 27th, 2007, 21:00
Don't forget this one, on the year it was launcht it won the 24H of Le Mans

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Dauer/1994/962_LM/:incar: :race:

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 21:06
Sh#t that thing is quick, it's so quick the page is already gone.:D

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 23:26
Sh#t that thing is quick, it's so quick the page is already gone.:D

:harass: Funny :harass:

AuditudeA642
March 28th, 2007, 21:17
didnt the MTM Audi TT Bimoto break 400kmh?? I heard something about it but i dont know if it ever happened.

Bingocaller
March 29th, 2007, 11:17
didnt the MTM Audi TT Bimoto break 400kmh?? I heard something about it but i dont know if it ever happened.

The test vid I saw from Nardo that was their goal but as far as I can recall it never happened :mech:

SuperstarDriver
April 12th, 2007, 18:46
haha... in 2007 or in the first quarter of 2008 Veyron will have a bigger brother...Veyron GT with 1250HP (250HP more...) so don't even think to beat an Veyron cause you couldn't!

Bingocaller
April 13th, 2007, 09:41
Confirmed by whom?

SuperstarDriver
April 13th, 2007, 11:20
by Porsche Audi Groupe confirmation and then Bugatti has replied this an said that will be an Veyron GT with 1250HP!

Bingocaller
April 13th, 2007, 13:04
From the Mclaren webpage

ASK McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE

"IS McLAREN PLANNING TO CREATE ANOTHER RECORD BREAKING CAR IN THE FUTURE, JUST LIKE THE McLAREN F1? AND IF SO, WHEN CAN WE EXPECT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT? (from Ben Shirk)

McLaren Automotive is currently deeply engaged in the development of future models. Furthermore McLaren has an extremely strong heritage and brand, and given the strong growth of the super sportscar market it is clear that there is plenty of space in this market for a car which reflects our brand attributes and values. Stay connected to the McLaren website for the latest information about the next McLaren."

Sounds interesting

mr
April 15th, 2007, 16:39
From the Mclaren webpage

ASK McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE

"IS McLAREN PLANNING TO CREATE ANOTHER RECORD BREAKING CAR IN THE FUTURE, JUST LIKE THE McLAREN F1? AND IF SO, WHEN CAN WE EXPECT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT? (from Ben Shirk)

McLaren Automotive is currently deeply engaged in the development of future models. Furthermore McLaren has an extremely strong heritage and brand, and given the strong growth of the super sportscar market it is clear that there is plenty of space in this market for a car which reflects our brand attributes and values. Stay connected to the McLaren website for the latest information about the next McLaren."

Sounds interesting

that are really interesting news -> lets look what they're planing.
has someone good contacts to McLaren to get infos?????

rgds
mr