PDA

View Full Version : Video: Enzo meets the wall - HARD!

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2007, 12:24
http://cbs2.com/video/?id=36333@kcbs.dayport.com

Dang that looks expensive! :bigeyes: :doh:

JavierNuvolari
March 27th, 2007, 12:49
Looks expensive...and just take a look at the guy's face...he just can't believe he did such a screw up.
Advice : stick to driving your.....

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 14:02
Another example of why there should be driver training supplied with every supercar.

P.S.

BMW camp, another RWD car that has crashed and on a dry track no less.

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 14:29
Wow!, really did make a mess of that.
I'm not an Enzo fan, but I still hate to see someone do that to a rare car.

After looking at one of the other videos, looks like the car belonged to the producer of the Film 'Redline' they were promoting. He didn't seem too bothered that the car was totalled when being interviewed :eek:
Mind you they also totalled 2 Carrera GTs during the making of the film (according to the report):cry:
These guys need to be shot. Cruelty against supercars.

P.S.

BMW camp, another RWD car that has crashed and on a dry track no less.

Give it a rest will ya ! :boring:

Only 2 wheels steer (almost) any vehicle, so it dont matter whether you've got AWD, RWD or FWD.
Average driver + terminal understeer = Crash :blush: . They will all do the same!
Even an Evo or Skyline wouldn't have saved him.

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 14:42
Give it a rest will ya ! :boring:

Only 2 wheels steer (almost) any vehicle, so it dont matter whether you've got AWD, RWD or FWD.

It was only a joke, just like the ones I have posted that a CSL will beat everything. I was hoping everyone would take it the way it was meant.:thumb:

Average driver + terminal understeer = Crash :blush: . They will all do the same!
Even an Evo or Skyline wouldn't have saved him.

But the question is :vhmmm: would a Quattro?

Again, only joking.:hihi:

Erik
March 27th, 2007, 14:51
Leadfoot, sometimes enough is enough ;)

skratch
March 27th, 2007, 15:03
actually leadfoot that car had TOO much grip from the rear...plowing him right into that wall.He would of saved it if the rears spun and whipped it sideways...

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 15:09
Sorry mates.

That joke was in bad taste. :noshake:

Sometimes I try to make a bit of humour and it normally works, but alas this time it wasn't the case.:doh:

Once again sorry guys.:thumb:

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 16:06
But the question is :vhmmm: would a Quattro?

Again, only joking.:hihi:

No... it wouldn't be going fast enough because of the extra drag and excess weight of the quattro drivetrain... !!

:harass: :harass: only joking

Duma
March 27th, 2007, 16:32
Nigga I Can Drive

Benman
March 27th, 2007, 16:52
Nigga I Can Drive

:applause: :applause: LOL!!!

Eddie is one funny comedian, but not the world's greatest driver. ;)

Ben:addict:

Klint
March 27th, 2007, 18:42
Ouch, anyone know the repair cost?

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 19:46
Ouch, anyone know the repair cost?

When you say the repair cost, did you mean how much will it cost Eddie Griffin to repair it.

Isn't the guy an actor and if I'm right he was driving the producer's car. Well then Klint it's easy, the answer to your question is two golden globes and an oscar for the producer's film.:D

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 20:29
They quoted in the TV interview (other vid on that site) that it was written off !!.
Can't see that myself. Surely its repairable.

Hope he was smart and took out track insurance.

Benman
March 27th, 2007, 21:45
They quoted in the TV interview (other vid on that site) that it was written off !!.
Can't see that myself. Surely its repairable.

That is the problem with high end supercars. Where would you repair it? No "bodyshop" is qualified to even attempt a carbonfiber repair. And how exactly would one "graft" carbon body parts on? These cars are consisted of "tubs" and need extensive work and man hours to recreate. The only places that would have the capability would be the manufacture. In fact, there is no bodyshop in the entire USA that even has an Enzo in the estimating database, any database, so no estimate could even be written in the first place. Heck, it took two years before even RS 6s showed up in our database!

steffenr
March 27th, 2007, 22:13
Man that looks like it wasnt to mush fun:eek:

Maybe i thought he was a driving God;)

Leadfoot
March 27th, 2007, 22:15
That is the problem with high end supercars. Where would you repair it? No "bodyshop" is qualified to even attempt a carbonfiber repair. And how exactly would one "graft" carbon body parts on? These cars are consisted of "tubs" and need extensive work and man hours to recreate. The only places that would have the capability would be the manufacture. In fact, there is no bodyshop in the entire USA that even has an Enzo in the estimating database, any database, so no estimate could even be written in the first place. Heck, it took two years before even RS 6s showed up in our database!

When you think about it, the technology that created them to be as good as they are and a joy to drive will ultimately lead to them being unusable in the true sense of the word.

Carbon Fibre place in the motoring world is solely on the racing car and not on a road car.

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2007, 23:06
Man that looks like it wasnt to mush fun:eek:

Maybe i thought he was a driving God;)

;)

So far what I have seen the total car smashed for or in the movie Redline is:

1 x Enzo

2 x CGT (At least one on purpose)

Whooot 500 posts :wo: :wo:

Benman
March 28th, 2007, 16:14
When you think about it, the technology that created them to be as good as they are and a joy to drive will ultimately lead to them being unusable in the true sense of the word.

True that!

Bingocaller
April 3rd, 2007, 19:57
;)

So far what I have seen the total car smashed for or in the movie Redline is:

1 x Enzo

2 x CGT (At least one on purpose)

Whooot 500 posts :wo: :wo:

Plus 1 x Diablo

http://www.break.com/redline/lambo_crash.html

Bingocaller