PDA

View Full Version : Wing mirrors

James Wyatt
March 26th, 2007, 11:17
Monday morning and the wing mirrors have been nicked :evil: ! Apart from garaging anyone got any suggestions on how to keep them safe (do Audi do mugello blue aluminium?). Also where is the best place to pick up a pair of RS6 folding wing mirrors ?

Thanks for your help.

James

Erik
March 26th, 2007, 11:51
I've seen people who engraved their license plate on them.

New ones are very expensive :(

johnny bigballs
March 26th, 2007, 20:37
it might be worth getting them the same colour as your instead of the aluminium ones, even the dealers near me if they have a rs6 for sale take the aluminium ones off until sold.

AndyBG
March 26th, 2007, 22:47
You can get your self odinary A6 mirors and than pu alu - covers over it, cheapest solution...

KAMEI, best in busines !

74.66 EUR

http://www.kamei.de/ww/de/pub/produkte/styling.cfm

James Wyatt
March 27th, 2007, 10:12
Thanks for the input. Having spoken to the Audi garage they recommended getting standard wing mirrors in mugello blue. They have seen a number of RS6 cars without wing mirrors and thieves returning two weeks later to pinch the new ones. If I take this route I will de-badge the car to make it more discrete.

Do you think having standard wing mirrors devalues the car?

James

skiwi
March 27th, 2007, 10:46
of course. but it seems like a sensible solution.

even better, get a set of ali mirrors and paint them blue. after all, that is what audi do with the hood and wings...

nene
March 27th, 2007, 14:20
Weird that folks would want the mirrors. In the US they want B5 S4 headlights. In NJ, they just take the whole car for a joyride. In London, they want mirrors. What is this world coming to.

johnny bigballs
March 27th, 2007, 21:14
i`ve got the black optics pack on mine and the wing mirrors are the same couler as the car