PDA

View Full Version : RS6 - a few things...

oswald
May 7th, 2003, 23:41
Hi there...

I read recently an article comparising the RS2, RS4 and RS6. Don't you think that the RS6 is a backwards-step in RS history ? For me it is just a car that does not have the feel of RS2, or RS4... only automatic transmission... where is the sport-soul of this car? What do you think ? I've driven the RS2 and I loved it... and I've tried toe RS6 also, but... it's not the same... it's just a comfortable, horrbily expensive car... if you think different, feel welcome to say it :)

jfrocke
May 8th, 2003, 01:35
This is the first RS model to make it to the USA, so the RS2 & RS4 are not really cars that we can consider comparing to the RS6.

As for me, I consider the RS6 to be a practical sports car. My Boxster-S is loads of fun, but I can't take it on a day trip with the family.

dabull
May 8th, 2003, 02:53
Oswald, you are waving the Red cape at the Bull. The car is what it is. Most will love it, some will shun it for various reasons. Obviously in a website named RS6.com you are preaching to a congregation of a religion that is contrary to your own beliefs. I have a A6 4.2 and TT roadster and a Nissan Murano. Love all of them for different reasons . Do you know who Danny Sullivan is ? Guess what sedan he bought ( thieves stole it from after he had owned it for a short period of time in Monaco ) . He is a former Indy 500 winner and a Formula 1 driver who found the car great to drive. I think most of us will be adequately impressed. Wait for the next M5, it also will be a great car. Cheers ! :addict:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 8th, 2003, 07:37
Heh, you read that article, too, hunh, Bull? Fun read, for sure.
Makes you want to drive that new little TT.

Fru-T