PDA

View Full Version : RS6 transmission problems

tgroeger
March 22nd, 2007, 07:00
Hi,
yesterday i had some strange problems with the transmission in my (non chipped) rs6:

- accelerating with nearly full throttle from standing, until the transmission switches from first to second gear.
- then lifting the pedal, so that the gearbox wants to change in the third gear
- in this moment accelrate again with almost full throttle
- further i feal a crack from the gearbox and the transmission does not insert the gears anymore until i stop and restart the car.
- the transmissions stays allways in the torque converter.
- the infopanel shows all gears highlighted. (PRNDS)

It is not allways repeatable, but it happens sometimes.
Anyone has the same experience? Thanks for help!

skiwi
March 22nd, 2007, 10:15
it sounds as though the tranny is going into "limp" mode. it should have thrown a code. retrieve it or get your dealer to do so, and post it here.

Avus-RS6
March 23rd, 2007, 03:58
My recommendation is to use the paddles to manipulate shifting, not the gas pedal. That may aleviate your issues altogether. Or, do what skiwi suggested and get the codes pulled and figure out if there's a problem.

snabb_rs6
March 23rd, 2007, 20:35
Hi,
yesterday i had some strange problems with the transmission in my (non chipped) rs6:

- accelerating with nearly full throttle from standing, until the transmission switches from first to second gear.
- further i feal a crack from the gearbox and the transmission does not insert the gears anymore until i stop and restart the car.

I think its time to do an gearbox inspection. I write followed in Swedish, all Swedes, feel free to translate:

Dags att köra en automatlådeservice. Det ingår sumpfilter, 7,4 liter olja converter inkluderad, samt lite packningar.
lådan kommer att kännas som ny efteråt. Pris på ACE i Borås ca 3500:- SKR

muller
May 31st, 2008, 08:04
I have had similar problems - but first after my 100.000 k service. Included in the service was change of tramsmission oil (7.4 L) with much more.

After getting the car back the transmission was behaving weird. Some of the downshifts are very bumpy and the upshifts (when giving moderate throttle) seem to go to neutral in between gears...

This was not what I was expecting after a longlife(tm) service at the authorized dealership :vhmmm:

So I returned the car and now 4 days have passed and the dealer is very reluctant to give me information about what happens.

My family is supposed to go on car vacation in france next week, so this is quite a bad time to drive a 1.4T A3 instead of the beast :vgrumpy:

Any suggetstions?

br

DuckWingDuck
May 31st, 2008, 09:12
Unfortunately, I think the only course of action for you is to push the dealership to give you some kind of indication as to what's going on. Just too many variables right now. Sorry to hear about your predicament!

coco
March 21st, 2009, 09:33
Hi, guys,

It may be an old issue....
But this symptom actually occured to my baby, too.
Sure, using paddle to shift somewhat solve the problem, but, I want to drive with my D mode most of the time due to traffic condition here in Tokyo.
Does it TC problem? or something else?
I hear the scratchy sound when the car trying to shift up at 2500-3000rpm.
Does anybody know? Please help.

By the way, I'm still working on my DRC issue....though I decided to go for aftermarket coilover kit.

Hi,

Hy Octane
March 21st, 2009, 19:00
Sounds like she dun blowed up.. New tranny please..