PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 gearbox

El_cucaracha
March 19th, 2007, 17:32
I have a chance to buy audi a3 2006.. but its gearbox is dead, so it needs to be changed... at the moment i don't know white kind of gearbox it is... it is not manual, but is it DSG or Tiptonic or somthing else, idon't know. so if anybody knows white kind of gearbox are on 2006 a3 and and how much does it cost, please tell me...

Ruergard
March 19th, 2007, 20:26
It's an Tiptronic or S-tronic/DSG. Don't know about the cost though.. call your dealer and ask. Should give an exact answer!

El_cucaracha
March 20th, 2007, 11:13
Audi center in Tbilisi is closed till the end of a week, and the guy who is selling a3 won't wait for 5 days... (i couldn/t find this info in internet also)

Charles DLF
March 20th, 2007, 17:46
what engine is on the car?

Lateknight
March 22nd, 2007, 01:18
What engined A3 is this?
If its either a 1.9 or 2.0 TDI or a 2.0T then it still could be either.
If it is a 1.6 or 2.0fsi then it will be a Tiptronic Auto.

Why is this not been considered a warranty item. The car should have a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Can you not ring another Audi retailer (they cant all be closed can they?). you will need some details though they wont appreciate you asking for a price on something when you don't know exactly what it is.

Estimates on replacement gearbox
Tiptronic (auto) : £1600 (2200 euro) + fitting
Stronic (DSG) :£2200 (3000 euro) + fitting

Sounds a bit suspicious to me.
Why is the seller not claiming for this as warranty?
Why wont he wait a few days? Whats his hurry.

Leadfoot
March 23rd, 2007, 17:57
What engined A3 is this?
If its either a 1.9 or 2.0 TDI or a 2.0T then it still could be either.
If it is a 1.6 or 2.0fsi then it will be a Tiptronic Auto.

Why is this not been considered a warranty item. The car should have a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Can you not ring another Audi retailer (they cant all be closed can they?). you will need some details though they wont appreciate you asking for a price on something when you don't know exactly what it is.

Estimates on replacement gearbox
Tiptronic (auto) : £1600 (2200 euro) + fitting
Stronic (DSG) :£2200 (3000 euro) + fitting

Sounds a bit suspicious to me.
Why is the seller not claiming for this as warranty?
Why wont he wait a few days? Whats his hurry.

This shows how anti-Audi Autocar is, they quote a while back that a re-placement DSG was £7500.:bigeyes:

Put everyone off it why don't you.:doh:

El_cucaracha
April 21st, 2007, 17:14
guys i live in georgia, we here ar in 20th century :D (i hope not for long) and this guy bought a3 in germany and as i know warrenty doesn't work because that guy has never ever driven dsg so... it was his fault