PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Needed ??

polanski
March 20th, 2007, 08:32
If you are planning on tuning the car.. TUNE THE BRAKES AS WELL! They are very weak.. I had a track day with my old brakes when the car was pulling 280 BHP and when I finished racing.. there was smoke coming out of my brakes !!!
also, lower your suspension it looks and drives alot better.. as for the rest.. well I was very please with the car overall!

good luck .. I would go for the grey !

polanski
March 20th, 2007, 09:27
I don't have recent video or pictures.. just old ones.. But I'll have them soon and will post..

Lateknight
March 22nd, 2007, 01:03
2002 model year was the introduction of the 225ps engine replacing the 210ps engine.
I think ? the 225 version has engine code 'BAM' (bar code sticker on cambelt cover) can't remember the 210ps eng. code.
Also look for the kw output of the engine on the data sticker either in the boot or inside the front cover of the servicing schedule - 154kw or 165kw.
This will be largely irrelevant if you are planning tuning, as they tune to very similar horsepowers.

In general S3 are pretty bombproof mechanically.
Do look out for dodgy ignition coil packs (hopefully they should have been replaced at some point - ask seller).
Air flow meter (obviously)
See if the original boost diverter valve (recirc') has been changed - if not allow for a Forge or similar upgrade type replacement.
Window lifter mechanisms only seem to have a few years life expectancy - check for smooth, speedy and relatively quiet operation.

IMO I would agree with polanski and go for the Grey - yellow is a bit to 'look at me'