PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs SL55

Las Palmas
March 15th, 2007, 23:14
I am having an urge to trade my car for a o4 Mercedes SL 55.Would that be crazy?How would the ride compare and which is faster.Think I would regret it.Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts on this:cheers: or would I be an idiot.

AuditudeA642
March 15th, 2007, 23:20
First off what color and what options does your RS6 have? Then is the car in good condition and does it have any mods. I think an RS6 with chip,exhaust intake would give the Sl55 a nice whooping. I know the SL55 is not faster than an E55 which i know someone who has one. Also i know that an RS6 and E55 are evenly matched. I would say if you dont have the need for a 4 door go for an SL55 but if room is a priority stay with the RS6. Personally i want an RS6 or RS4 so i wouldn't think about Mercedes at all.

Marcus Frost
March 16th, 2007, 02:42
I had an R230 SL600... I don't see how the two cars would even compare so trying to answer your question is silly. The SL has 2 seats, RWD, and costs roughly $150k new - the RS6 is a midsize luxury sedan with 5 seats, AWD, and costs rougly $90k new. The RS6 competes with the E55, not the SL55. I've also had a W210 and W211 E55, of which I think the RS6 is superior to.

Stock in a straight line the 55k cars are a bit faster than the RS6 - but RS6 with chip/exhaust will be as fast if not faster than a stock 55k. Do not forget it is also easy to modify the 55k cars.

Tony Lam
March 16th, 2007, 02:58
go for SL55 and sell your RS6 today and keep it for 2 years and then exchange for the "NEW RS6"!!!!!! However if u decide to keep your RS6 for longer time i guess u will lose more $$ than today...both are the great cars but u should try something different during your life time!! My friend u know life isn't easy therefore if u a lucky enough to get what u want please go for it!!!!!!!!!!!:dig:

Bingocaller
March 16th, 2007, 11:19
I would go for the SL55

54m
March 16th, 2007, 17:05
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10603&highlight=mercedes :noshake: This was Recently Was on the fourm i would personally not move to mercedes I would stick with the RS6:addict:

Sam

got boost
March 16th, 2007, 22:41
SL55 is a fantastic car! Go for it. Take advantage of the depreciation. Ive been contimplating this one for months, the RS6 fits my lifestyle more appropriately right now. I will most likely aquire a 2005 or newer SL (dvd based navi started in 05, and later there is also the available performance package) and keep the RS6.

Definitelty two different cars. For @$7k you can do the Kleemann K2 package and with that you will spank some serious ass! A close friend let me drive his 05 SL55K2 and the acceleration and sound is just sick! And it doesnt have the added weight up front like the V12 SL65. I wouldnt call the SL55 a track star, but for highway cruising it is insane. The tuning potential on the 5.4 kompressor is grand. And you can put the top down. My .02