PDA

View Full Version : morning noises, DRC Problems ?

Myst
March 15th, 2007, 10:42
Hi

in my morning trip to work I always ear noises everytime I step into a bump on the road. And I don't mean big holes, bumps, etc.. just small cracks on the road for example.

But on the way back home (after travelling for half a hour) late at night, when I reach that particular road, the trip is really really quiet with no significant noise.

The question being: is this the expected behavior? or do I have to worry about DRC problems already ???

(RS6 with 35000km)

Thanks for your help,

Myst

S6LANA
March 15th, 2007, 11:58
Myst,

I don't believe the time of day matters with DRC. If it's bust, it's bust 24 hours a day. My advice is to keep monitoring it and if it gets worse go to your dealer. The problem is that very few people know what to look for and even fewer know how to fix DRC issues.

I have been experiencing clunking over mild bumps for about 5 months. I brought it to the dealer recently after losing patients and they replaced cracked bushings. It didn't help.

Good luck. DRC is a sticky issue. Not sure what I'm going to do, but my gut tells me my DRC is shot. The trick is the get the dealer techs to believe it also.

Aronis
March 15th, 2007, 19:20
Press down on the rear of car and see how many times it Rebounds...if more than twice, you got a problem with loss of Shock function.

The Noise is usually from a dry shock (no fluid) and that noise is the death of that shock. it can be quite loud or just a slight thumb depending on how much fluid has been lost.

Watch for side to side waggling of the car, that would indicate one pair has leaked and thus one diagonal pair of shocks not working....very unnerving road feel.

Mike