PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking to get rid of thier stock RS6 exhaust?

Buff-Daddy
March 14th, 2007, 05:22
If so, please let me know asap. I am going in for my spring overhaul in 6 weeks and I want to have everything done at once.

If you know of anyone thinking about upgrading or just making a change, please put them in touch with me. mbmahady@yahoo.com (mbmahady@yahoo.com)

Thanks,

Mike<!-- / message -->

hahnmgh63
April 7th, 2007, 16:59
I am willing to sell my stock exhaust. Shipping would be a fair amount I suppose depending on how far you are away from Washington state? MGH

Avus-RS6
April 7th, 2007, 23:39
I am willing to sell my stock exhaust. Shipping would be a fair amount I suppose depending on how far you are away from Washington state? MGH

*THREAD JACK* Where in WA are you, and what exhaust do you have on? I'd like to hear it first hand if possible, as I'm considering a new exhaust for my RS6 in the near future. I'm in Kirkland.

Thanks,

Jason

Buff-Daddy
April 8th, 2007, 02:30
Get in line...

*THREAD JACK* Where in WA are you, and what exhaust do you have on? I'd like to hear it first hand if possible, as I'm considering a new exhaust for my RS6 in the near future. I'm in Kirkland.

Thanks,

Jason

Avus-RS6
April 8th, 2007, 04:56
In line for what? I have an RS6 with a stock "sound enhancing" exhaust and I want to hear what aftermarket exhaust sounds like first hand. I'm not looking to buy his stock exhaust, don't worry.

Buff-Daddy
April 8th, 2007, 07:00
My mistake, I read your message wrong. I hope you love the sound of the aftermarket exhaust so you can sell your stock RS6 exhaust to hopefulls like myself.

itchingtogo
April 8th, 2007, 14:49
Where are you located Buff? I am considering going from sound enhancing to Milltek.

Buff-Daddy
April 9th, 2007, 00:57
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55345. How about you? I have a lead on one now, but it is progressing slowly... Would love to have the opportunity if you go ahead with your project.

Thanks for thinking of me,

Mike

itchingtogo
April 9th, 2007, 14:15
Ft Lauderdale

JoeyVee
April 10th, 2007, 15:03
Im in NY if theres one round here to snag up. Specifically the RS6 sound enhancing exhaust. thanks!

vlntrg
April 10th, 2007, 15:03
Obviously, I'm second in line, but it seems like there are several RS6ers talking about upgrading exhaust. I'm interested in getting an RS6 exhaust for my allroad, so if anyone is looking to sell one, let me know.

I'm in Minnesota too. Hi, Mike.

LU-RS6
April 10th, 2007, 15:48
I have one available but it's in Europe (Switzerland).
Too costy to get it to the States.

JoeyVee
April 10th, 2007, 15:52
Dammit. Your quote is funny LU.. I like it..

LU-RS6
April 10th, 2007, 16:35
Dammit. Your quote is funny LU.. I like it..

Thank JC Clarkson from top gear, it's his :hihi:

Buff-Daddy
April 10th, 2007, 23:27
Where in MN are you vlntrg? I really want to ride in a 4.2 with the RS6 exhaust 1st if I can. I know they are loud, I just want to see if they are too loud. I am in sales and if I cannot hear people on the other end of my cell phone, I might have to 2nd guess this idea.

peiserg
April 11th, 2007, 00:37
what do stock rs6 exhausts sell for? I'm probablygetting Milltek soon and would offload mine to offset the cost.

vlntrg
April 11th, 2007, 01:01
I'm in Roseville. I have the 2.7t allroad, though... can't live without a clutch.

The allroad I rode in with the RS6 exhaust was pretty close to stock sound level, but that might not be the case with the 4.2. You could always check into a custom setup; I have a recommendation for a shop that's supposedly really good, and I've been thinking that I might go that way if I can't find an RS6 exhaust for a good price.

Where do you go for your spring overhaul?

peiserg, I've seen a sound-enhanced with only a few thousand miles on it sell privately for $400, another go for about $575 on eBay, a couple non-SE go for $150 and $350, and there was recently a low-mile SE on the AudiWorld classifieds for which the guy was asking $825, and it's not posted any more, so maybe he actually got that much.

Buff-Daddy
April 11th, 2007, 01:48
Some people just want it out of the way and only charge shipping. Others "try" to get a premium. Brand new take off would be up to $800. Average of 30k usually go for around $400.

Buff-Daddy
April 11th, 2007, 01:50
...there was recently a low-mile SE on the AudiWorld classifieds for which the guy was asking $825, and it's not posted any more, so maybe he actually got that much.

It actually didn't sell and he decided to hold on to it for now...

nyrs6
April 11th, 2007, 07:55
Non Sport Exhaust for sale, fairly new (only 2000 miles) $150 Firm. Local pickup only but i would consider meeting or delivering it within 30 miles. I live in NY and about 30 minutes from the city which is about as far as i would go to deliver it.

JoeyVee
April 12th, 2007, 18:21
Ill take it. no kidding. IN NY.. Yonkers. 10 minutes north of the city and ill come get it if the non sport exhaust is an improvement over my lowly A6 exhaust. A little more info? Model year? manual? thanks. jaevee@gmail.com

vlntrg
April 12th, 2007, 20:30
I actually sent him a PM about it yesterday. I may not be able to work out pickup, though...

JoeyVee
April 12th, 2007, 20:34
OOoohh Looks like we got a fight on our hands. hahaha. JK. Ok. We'll see what he says. I can get there in no time with the cash. Figure out what you can do as far as pickup etc. and we'll make sure noones upset.
What are you planning on doing with it? What car?

vlntrg
April 13th, 2007, 00:27
nyrs6, have you gotten that PM yet? (I sent it through the site.) Let me know what town you're in and my friend can pick up the exhaust or meet you somewhere, depending on your location. My e-mail is vlntrg(at)yahoo(dot)com

JoeyVee - sorry, I should have posted a "YGM" when I sent the message. I rode in a friend's allroad a couple years ago just after he'd gotten an RS6 exhaust (that one was sound enhanced) and liked the additional sound and response, and I've been trying to locate one ever since - I keep on having bad timing for ads on AudiWorld or losing on eBay.

nyrs6
April 13th, 2007, 02:27
I pm'ed you back. Pm me back and let me know when you want to pick it up.

vlntrg
April 13th, 2007, 15:16
Message sent.

vlntrg
April 13th, 2007, 21:07
nrs6, neither of the people I thought could help me out on this can meet up with you this weekend, so if you need to get rid of the exhaust ASAP, then I guess it goes to JoeyVee.

In that case... anyone else out there willing to ship to MN? - there are two of us here that are looking, it seems.

JoeyVee
April 13th, 2007, 21:10
Hey man. Thats cool of you. Thanks. Im PUMPED. Youll find one man. Dont sweat it. You might have to ride a little though man. I drove into the middle of PA (3 hours) for Baileys diverter valves. $120 for both. NEW. But the ride was half the fun> And almost equally expensive. LOL.

Buff-Daddy
April 13th, 2007, 21:49
In that case... anyone else out there willing to ship to MN? - there are two of us here that are looking, it seems.

Yeah, one of us even started this thread, ME! Get off my "wanted" thread you Pirates!!!

JoeyVee
April 13th, 2007, 21:54
HAHAHA Sorry Buffy. Good luck in your search man. And hey this isnt even the sound enhanced one I bought. Its the regular one. As long as it flows better I dont really care though. :) thanks rs6.com and everyone else :)
P.S. We're bumping your thread for you in the process of our pirating.

Buff-Daddy
April 13th, 2007, 22:59
No big deal, I have done the same thing myself. I have a pretty god lead on one, so lets just hope that works out. And, I have heard that there is actually very little difference between the Sound Enhanced and the stock version, so who knows.

vlntrg
April 13th, 2007, 23:04
Yeah, one of us even started this thread, ME! Get off my "wanted" thread you Pirates!!!

That's what I was implying, that you had first dibs. I only PMed nyrs6 about his because you hadn't replied to his message; I figured that either you didn't have someone in the NYC area who could pick up and ship it for you, or you were in touch with hahnmgh63 or itchingtogo about getting one.

Buff-Daddy
April 14th, 2007, 02:11
I was just giving my fellow Minnesotan some flack.

vlntrg
April 14th, 2007, 04:55
Cool, just so you know I'm not trying to cut in front of you on your thread - I figure that if there are enough sellers out there for all of us, it's more efficient to have one "wanted" thread than several.

You should surf on over to mnaudi.com and join up; maybe we'd meet up at a lunch or other event sometime. Plus, the forums are a great source of info and other discussion.

Buff-Daddy
April 14th, 2007, 05:51
Already a member!

vlntrg
June 15th, 2007, 23:24
Bump. Anyone?

LU-RS6
June 16th, 2007, 14:18
I have one lying in Switzerland. No idea how to ship it though :)

JD797
June 16th, 2007, 15:05
im looking for the exhaust too. if anyone around the NY/NJ/PA area's got one up for sale lmk, pm or email or whatever, thanks :0:

vlntrg
June 17th, 2007, 18:30
I have one lying in Switzerland. No idea how to ship it though :)
Yeah, I think that shipping it overseas might cost more than it's worth...

You're in Lucerne? Lucky you. I've played there several times with Chicago Symphony, but it's been a few years since the last time, and I miss it.

LU-RS6
June 17th, 2007, 18:35
Yeah, I think that shipping it overseas might cost more than it's worth...

You're in Lucerne? Lucky you. I've played there several times with Chicago Symphony, but it's been a few years since the last time, and I miss it.

Yeah indd, whenever you are coming to Lucerne again give me a msg :harass:

Maybe you can take the exhaust with you if you leave again :lovl: :lovl:

vlntrg
June 19th, 2007, 21:26
Thanks for the offer. It may be a while since the CSO no longer has a residency at the festival. It would certainly be a challenge to see if I could get the exhaust onto the plane in my carry-on... :hahahehe:

LU-RS6
June 19th, 2007, 22:57
"I know it looks like a bazooka but it's an exhaust Sir" :hihi: :hihi:

Ultslpr
June 20th, 2007, 00:33
Have one here in NH; probably expensive to replace mine back to stock if I ever wanted to and had to buy new; but, make an offer and I'll consider.