PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bleeding?

quick500
March 13th, 2007, 22:30
Guys

How do you bleed the ABS system on the RS6? and is it done before or after the brakes are bled?

skiwi
March 14th, 2007, 06:46
with abs 5.7, you don't need to power bleed the bydraulic unit (as esp doesn't use the hydraulic pump any longer). you must power bleed (at least 2 bar pressure required) in order: rf, lf, rr, lf.

with 5.3 you needed to use vag-com to initiate the hydraulic pump in order th bleed the unit...

JP4
March 14th, 2007, 13:45
with abs 5.7, you don't need to power bleed the bydraulic unit (as esp doesn't use the hydraulic pump any longer). you must power bleed (at least 2 bar pressure required) in order: rf, lf, rr, lf.

with 5.3 you needed to use vag-com to initiate the hydraulic pump in order th bleed the unit...

Do you have any idea why the order is as you stated? I was always taught to bleed the corner farthest from the brake fluid reservoir first then next farthest etc etc.

JP4 :vhmmm:

skiwi
March 14th, 2007, 17:58
i assume that it is that as you are pushing the new fluid out, you want to clear air from the nearest bleed point first....

the alternative sequence has always puzzled me as bad air in a closer connection could potentially affect the others.

JP4
March 14th, 2007, 18:30
i assume that it is that as you are pushing the new fluid out, you want to clear air from the nearest bleed point first....

the alternative sequence has always puzzled me as bad air in a closer connection could potentially affect the others.

Well.....then why is the sequence shown as RF, LF, RR, LF? :vhmmm:

Since the brake module is at the LF under the hood, if what you say is correct then the sequence would be LF, RF, LR, RR. Can you explain this too me? :vhmmm: :vhmmm:

skiwi
March 14th, 2007, 23:55
easy - rhd! :)

JP4
March 15th, 2007, 01:12
easy - rhd! :)

:lovl: You got me there mate!!!!! :harass: BUT.....why are you bleeding the "lf" twice?

skiwi
March 15th, 2007, 02:38
ARRRGGHHHH, you're right! that should be: RF, LF, RR, LR

skiwi: 1 jp4: 1

http://www.rs6.com/forum/../smilies/thumbsup.gif