PDA

View Full Version : Premium Unleaded Petrol ??

sockamber
March 12th, 2007, 11:20
Here in Oz I have heard mixed reports about using Shells Premium Unleaded Petrol called V-Power.

Is Audi recommending a particular brand of Premium unleaded?

Michael:rs4kiss:

Webbah
March 12th, 2007, 11:48
I'm using V-Power 100 in Switzerland. Haven't heard anything negative about it and it runs clean for me. Would be interested to know if there are any comments though!

tazsura
March 12th, 2007, 11:55
I've used V-Power with all my VAG's and swear by it. Very good stuff. I will be using it the RS4 when I pick it up on Friday!!!!

Taz :0:

Webbah
March 12th, 2007, 12:03
Congrats Taz! I've also used it in all my cars. Love it. Also, congrats on the Avant! You'll find that now Audi is no longer taking orders for Avant's. You will have one of the last ones to roll off production! Only cabs and sedans available now... Hopefully that will hold our resale value even better eh? ;)

tazsura
March 12th, 2007, 12:08
Thanks Webbah!

I can't wait, the car has been ready since the 1st of March, but we're having a new home built for the beast, won't be completed ultimately for another week or so, but the floor is going in on Wednesday so can handle the weight of the car for Friday!

Webbah, you've put a MASSIVE smile on my face with news that the Avant production is being stopped! Cheerz buddy! :thumb: Will defo hold up our residuals. And if your going to buy an RS..it HAS to be Avant!!!

:rs4kiss:

Taz :wo:

Fab
March 12th, 2007, 12:53
I'm very surprised about this news of avant production :confused: I trust you guys but are you really shure ? Why is that ? Is it temporary or definitive ?

Well in any case as you mentionned this will give us a great resale value :thumb: Very good news :jlol:

To come back to the V-Power well I also get it in my both cars. It is supposed to bring an extra power but this is certainly very minimal. Anyway I want the best for my baby :love:

I remember having red a UK car mag comparing various unleaded compositions with an M5 and a Golf GTI and they showed power graph.

The result were definitely in favour of high octane such as 100 (V-Power) and more. The hp power gap from the lowest to the highest octane fuel was in the range of 10-20 hp :wo:

So very difficult to say. Many people say it is just a marketing stuff without any real perf increase, some other say they can feel the difference.

:bye:

LU-RS6
March 12th, 2007, 13:41
I'm very surprised about this news of avant production :confused: I trust you guys but are you really shure ? Why is that ? Is it temporary or definitive ?

Well in any case as you mentionned this will give us a great resale value :thumb: Very good news :jlol:

To come back to the V-Power well I also get it in my both cars. It is supposed to bring an extra power but this is certainly very minimal. Anyway I want the best for my baby :love:

I remember having red a UK car mag comparing various unleaded compositions with an M5 and a Golf GTI and they showed power graph.

The result were definitely in favour of high octane such as 100 (V-Power) and more. The hp power gap from the lowest to the highest octane fuel was in the range of 10-20 hp :wo:

So very difficult to say. Many people say it is just a marketing stuff without any real perf increase, some other say they can feel the difference.

I don't buy the V-power story in all honesty. Think it is mainly some placebo effect you'd be enjoying. Super plus 98 octane works fine for me.

Audihead
March 12th, 2007, 14:15
Using V-Power here in the States as well. The car does perform marginally better, also less soot from the ash cans out back. :rs4addict

Fab
March 12th, 2007, 14:23
I don't buy the V-power story in all honesty. Think it is mainly some placebo effect you'd be enjoying. Super plus 98 octane works fine for me. Well you should as you are not getting the Ferrari card collection.... looks bad :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Webbah
March 12th, 2007, 15:55

I first read about this here:

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=59943

In fact it is true, it seems, because if you go to the audi configurator only sedans and cabs are available now. No ability to configure an avant.

:cool2:

Fab
March 12th, 2007, 16:01
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:

Ricoloco
March 12th, 2007, 20:17
The configurator for RS4 Avant works perfect att audi.de.

Delivery is at the beginning of june 2007 if ordering now.

Nice try.... :thumb:

Webbah
March 13th, 2007, 08:29
The configurator for RS4 Avant works perfect att audi.de.

Delivery is at the beginning of june 2007 if ordering now.

Nice try.... :thumb:

Interesting. Perhaps there was a glitch on their website when I checked. Dunno! I did see this at RS246.com though first. :doh: