PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an S6 V10 Here?

AuditudeA642
March 12th, 2007, 00:57
Audi claims a 0-60 time for the s6 at 5.1 Seconds but they also claim the RS4 does it in 4.9 and i have heard that people got that down to about 4.3 Seconds. Anyone here with an S6 or any magazines have the S6 in the 4's??? Also would an S6 with minor mods such as a chip, exhaust, and intake be able to beat the BEAST??? Thanks......

MBCA S6
March 12th, 2007, 20:13
Audi claims a 0-60 time for the s6 at 5.1 Seconds but they also claim the RS4 does it in 4.9 and i have heard that people got that down to about 4.3 Seconds. Anyone here with an S6 or any magazines have the S6 in the 4's??? Also would an S6 with minor mods such as a chip, exhaust, and intake be able to beat the BEAST??? Thanks......

I think one of the mags had a time of 4.9 sec. with the S6. I have one, but I certainly haven't tested that time at this point. :)

AuditudeA642
March 12th, 2007, 23:16
whats your impression of it so far?

Leadfoot
March 12th, 2007, 23:31

I reckon a chip on it's own would be enough to equal a standard RS6. But in any case the S6 will outclass the RS6 in the handling department and braking too. Lots have changed since the RS6 was launched, now Audi have got the finesse to go along with the grip and the S6 is one of a host of sporty Audis that are rewriting them as driver's cars once again. :dig:

If a S6 can match an M5 around a twist track (Car & Driver) then with very little it will be able to beat it and if it could beat it then what would it not do to the old RS6 around a track.:rolleyes:

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 10:17
mine is coming this week. It's an avant, just CANNOT wait for it to make it to my house. As i said in another post, the A4 cab has to go, and since the weather in paris has been beauuuutiful in paris these past few days, i'm driving it as much as i can! Will post pics and impressions ASAP, once i'm done fooling around with that big V10! Cheers all

CHarles

Mr Balsen
March 13th, 2007, 12:18
mine is coming this week. It's an avant, just CANNOT wait for it to make it to my house. As i said in another post, the A4 cab has to go, and since the weather in paris has been beauuuutiful in paris these past few days, i'm driving it as much as i can! Will post pics and impressions ASAP, once i'm done fooling around with that big V10! Cheers all

CHarles

congratulation on the car-to-come-very-soon.
Just be very very very carefull with car-jacking in Paris. Unfortunately, it is increasing again.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 14:55
congratulation on the car-to-come-very-soon.
Just be very very very carefull with car-jacking in Paris. Unfortunately, it is increasing again.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

been car jacked once, in my S3, which is why i changd for the 3.2 (more of a sleeper, especially when it's a sportback)... really sucked, coming home one night (around 2 AM) on Avenue Foch, stoped at the red light (the one in the middle, crossing Avenue Malakof), guy comes out of nowhere, opens the door, and pulls a knife on me. Scariest $hit of my life. Figured it was useless losing life over a car, so he took off with it... Now, i have satelite localisation on all my cars, and i can shut it down with my cell phone...:0: But it got me real careful, don't want this to hapen to me again.

Got my sales manager over at audi Bauer this morning, the localisation system is going on the S6 today, then detailing is being done to get it all shiny, and then, oh then, the car will be mine, and i'll be ripping the streets appart...:wo: :wo:

PS: sorry to those of you who don't know paris...

LU-RS6
March 13th, 2007, 15:04
been car jacked once, in my S3, which is why i changd for the 3.2 (more of a sleeper, especially when it's a sportback)... really sucked, coming home one night (around 2 AM) on Avenue Foch, stoped at the red light (the one in the middle, crossing Avenue Malakof), guy comes out of nowhere, opens the door, and pulls a knife on me. Scariest $hit of my life. Figured it was useless losing life over a car, so he took off with it... Now, i have satelite localisation on all my cars, and i can shut it down with my cell phone...:0: But it got me real careful, don't want this to hapen to me again.

Got my sales manager over at audi Bauer this morning, the localisation system is going on the S6 today, then detailing is being done to get it all shiny, and then, oh then, the car will be mine, and i'll be ripping the streets appart...:wo: :wo:

Always seal your doors when driving in the city!

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 15:33
well that's automatic now, but unfortunatly was not on the S3... i then discovered it could be done by the dealer... but it was already too late...

Mr Balsen
March 13th, 2007, 15:33

Sorry for the bad experience with your S3.
Happy to meet you one of those days for a drink inside Paris.

Cheers,
Frederic

jonas21
March 13th, 2007, 17:48
been car jacked once

What about the RS6 "russian" (shotgun) or "bronx" (baseball bat) mod?
I cant find the pictures anymore...

The RS6
March 14th, 2007, 09:59
Hey may I ask how much MPG the S6 gets? Or how much liters per 100km it spends?
Thanks

Marcus Frost
March 14th, 2007, 16:09
I am thinking about changing the S4 for one next year - curious to hear about feedback as well from current owners.

-m