PDA

View Full Version : New Chip Tuning for the S6 V10!

AuditudeA642
March 11th, 2007, 21:44
Wetteraurer (Chip-Tuning.Com) has come out with a 418 ft/lbs torque and 462 Horse Power. MTM also released an exhaust for the V10 too.

Mr Balsen
March 11th, 2007, 22:42
There is nothing to gain just with a chip with no-turbo engine. Period.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

GeCcO
March 12th, 2007, 15:13
Why not? Surely the factory chips keep something back when you think of reliability, fuel consumption, pollution-control, competition inside VAG etc. etc.

A8/C5/GTS-man
March 14th, 2007, 10:22
No help at all to raise power..

Aronis
March 14th, 2007, 13:58
I disagree with that. A new Chip or engine management program can change the power curve of a given engine. I may not be able to increase the "Max" horsepower to a huge amount, but by forgoing some of the fuel efficiencies that the manufactured shoots for you can increase the power on the curve enough to have an effect on the 0-60 numbers (not by much though).

As far as comparrison to a chipped "Turbo" car there are more things you can change with the Turbo's programming, and thus produce higher Numbers, but again not much of a change in overall performance.

Just look at the numbes achieved and posted here for RS6's which have been HEAVYLY modified (10's of thousands of dollars). they are not that much faster/quicker than the stock RS6!

So a blanket statment that you cannot increase the HP output of an Normally Aspirated Engine with a chip is not true. The key remains, is there a real difference in performance.

Hell look at some of the aftermarket mods on Mustang's and such, the number changes are not that great given the Dollar input! Even with the addition of a Turbo or SC.

I chipped my 1994 325 is, not for the 10 hp, but for the removal of the 128 mph limit, which was MUCH more fun than the 0.1 sec 0-60 change. I when you are moving along the highway with someone in another car who thinks your car is limitted to 128, it can be FUN.

Mike