PDA

View Full Version : A3 Upgrades

AuditudeA642
March 11th, 2007, 00:09
Thinking about an A3 4 door since we dont get anything else in the US.

If I were to do a exhaust and intake (20 HP)
and an APR k04 Turbo Kit (100 HP)

That would bring the car at about 320HP from the stock 200HP.
Stock the car does 0-60 in 6.2 would these upgrades bring it into the high 4's??? If this car would do 0-60 in 4.9 or even 5.0 Flat i would consider buying one and tuning it. Anyone have any experience tuning the A3?? Thanks.....:s3addict:

AuditudeA642
March 11th, 2007, 15:45
i didn't know there was no quattro!!! that totally just changed my mind. I also was afraid about the transmission holding up because after buying the car i dont feel like spending 8k on a tranny. Well i think i may be sticking with the V8 for now.

RacerBice
March 12th, 2007, 11:07
Sounds crazy to me to tweak this 2-litre to 320 BHP with no other adaptations of the engine. And the gearbox....well.... Although this is a very nice car, if such performance is a must then look elsewhere. :looking:

Charles DLF
March 12th, 2007, 15:23
don't you get the 3.2 in the US! I have the sportback 4 door version which is very nice, i like the rear better than the 3 door model! Anyway, as pple have said i don't know if that alone would be good for the car, especially for the gearbox. Make some research, try to find it is the same gearbox as the S3's... If so it could defenitly handle the power. If you go for DSG i'm not sure the clutch could, might blow up on you... just my $.02, i'm not sure about anything. Have a look at what MTM does, or ABT to see what they upgrade and what they don't!

Have fun

Cheers

BryanF
March 15th, 2007, 07:16
I have placed an order for a 4 door Sportsback 6 speed manual transmission,2 litre turbo quattro.I'm told by the Aussie rep for Oettinger that an APR chip and Cold air intake will take power from 147 kw standard to 190 kw and torque to 420 mn !! More ( I think ) than a new S3 !!

Due the high quality of the 2.0 TFSI engine an exhaust won't give you much additional power and the cost makes it an expensive addition.

I've driven one of these cars and the gearbox can certainly handle the increased power .Add 19 inch wheels and the Oettinger body kit and you have one good looking high 5-low 6 second car !!

Check out

http://www.oettinger.com.au/oau_audia38psportback.html