PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

RS6LASVEGAS
March 9th, 2007, 05:59
:addict: I need a little help!
I am looking to buy an RS6 but i need a little advice, the car is to be for everyday driving and work use, i am sure it has sufficient space in the back should i have to pick clients up, does the rs4/s4 have enough room?
I only want to spend around $50K US, what can i expect to pick up for that? I know a couple of cars that i have seen are around $65K?

Thanks in advance(Newby)

Avus-RS6
March 9th, 2007, 06:35
If your clients are small, the RS4/S4 should be fine. Otherwise, go with the larger RS6, plenty of room in the rear, even with a tall driver. There are RS6's for $50K and less floating around. You might consider getting one out of area and having it shipped to you, or driving it home(like I did).

RS6LASVEGAS
March 9th, 2007, 06:38
Thanks, i figured the rs4/s4 was to small. without getting in the back of one, its hard to tell from pics.

RS6LASVEGAS
March 9th, 2007, 07:17
Just another question, when should you look to replace the turbos on the rs6??

I will get the extended warantee anyway, does that cover the turbo's?

Avus-RS6
March 9th, 2007, 18:23
Just another question, when should you look to replace the turbos on the rs6??

I will get the extended warantee anyway, does that cover the turbo's?

IMO, turbos should be good to 100K+ miles granted you warm up and cool down properly before and after driving, change the oil at regular intervals, and generally take good care of things. Warm up means no boost until oil is up to temp, and cool down means at least a minute or two of no/low boost driving before you shut down.

Extended CPO type warranty typically covers turbos.

RS6LASVEGAS
March 10th, 2007, 06:10
Thank you. i didnt realise they would last that long.

ruxprncd
March 10th, 2007, 14:19
Agree regarding the turbos - unlike the B5 S4, turbo failure seems to be VERY rare on the RS6 (actually...I don't recall reading about any when I researched the RS6...).

The main issue with the RS6 is the suspension (DRC) - I don't recall if anyone has had that repaired under CPO, but (after much wrangling with Audi by some board members and others) it is covered by the OEM warranty so in theory it should be under CPO as well...

ruxprncd
March 10th, 2007, 14:23
One more comment: The RS6 is MUCH faster than the V8 S4. Your clients will be impressed or frightened enough to buy whatever you're selling :-)

RS6LASVEGAS
March 11th, 2007, 06:34
I like the sound of that! Fast is good!

rr1910
March 11th, 2007, 15:23
You should easily be able to buy a car for under 50k. I bought mine for 44k with only 18,000 miles. Not CPO but i did buy a warranty from audi for $1500. These cars do seem to be more expensive on the west coast tho..

Avus-RS6
March 12th, 2007, 05:26
You should easily be able to buy a car for under 50k. I bought mine for 44k with only 18,000 miles. Not CPO but i did buy a warranty from audi for $1500. These cars do seem to be more expensive on the west coast tho..

That is very cheap for such a low mileage RS6. I definately recommend getting a CPO'd car if you can swing it. I very recently paid almost $10K more than you did for a 24K mile RS6 on the East Coast, CPO and nearly flawless.

rr1910
March 12th, 2007, 15:25
That is very cheap for such a low mileage RS6. I definately recommend getting a CPO'd car if you can swing it. I very recently paid almost $10K more than you did for a 24K mile RS6 on the East Coast, CPO and nearly flawless.

My car is a one owner car that was very well serviced. It was also heavily modified. This car came chipped with milltek exhaust dahlback intake and several thousand dollars worth of stereo work. I know the previous owner spent over 25k on all this work. It saved me alot of time and money.
You are right tho most people would be much better off with a CPO'd car.