PDA

View Full Version : New Rs6..

Tony Lam
March 8th, 2007, 13:08
HI, I'M NEW IN HERE, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK..I THOUGHT THE NEW RS6:addict: WILL BE LAUNCH AT THE GENEVA MOTOR SHOW BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT:confused: ...DO U GUYS KNOW WHY?? THANKS!

jonas21
March 8th, 2007, 16:46
Apparently all info on a debut was wrong, its not showing there. Seems we have to wait further :/

Ruergard
March 8th, 2007, 19:24
Yepp... we'll have to wait. Frankfurt maybe?

JAXRS6
March 8th, 2007, 22:07
April '07 Motor Trend has a piece on page 18 (US) titled "Audi amps up RS" by Paul Horrell. It says the TT RS is next, "in about two years," and that the RS6 "launches after the TT RS." Also expect an RS5 "within a couple years," says MT.

FYI dealers here know nothing, and I just spoke to an AOA rep who said likewise. Said he's "heard nothing from the inside, so all I have to go by is what I read and hear on the outside."

Tony Lam
March 9th, 2007, 13:17
it means i have to wait longer time for the new :addict: to come out:cry: !!

jonas21
March 9th, 2007, 14:06
I guess it'll be coming out at frankfurt. Makes somewhat more sense than geneva...but still noone confirms anything. I am pretty sure we'll see it this year tho.

paulhiggs
March 9th, 2007, 20:30
What is it with Audi keeping their faithful and loyal customer base waiting. Seems everyone knows there will be an RS6 model in the C6 family, so why not just confirm it so potential buyers can keep it in mind.
If Audi can come out and say something like "It will be available for order in November 2007, delivery in February 2008", then I will wait and order. At present I'm looking for a performance vehicle in that class and all I can see to purchase at years end is an E55/E63 or M5.

Why wait????

JAXRS6
March 9th, 2007, 21:48
What is it with Audi keeping their faithful and loyal customer base waiting. Seems everyone knows there will be an RS6 model in the C6 family, so why not just confirm it so potential buyers can keep it in mind.
If Audi can come out and say something like "It will be available for order in November 2007, delivery in February 2008", then I will wait and order. At present I'm looking for a performance vehicle in that class and all I can see to purchase at years end is an E55/E63 or M5.

Why wait????

I'd like to know, too, though I'm in no particular hurry to switch cars by the end of the year. Earlier posts indicated sooner than 2009, but I believe MT is the latest (per my post above) & they're saying two years plus. Given that nothing official has been announced, all we can do is speculate...and wonder if MT or others will be proven correct.

A guess: Maybe Audi is still working on some technical issues, like perhaps a less failure-prone DRC or something else to replace it, and they don't want to announce a firm introduction date until they have resolved such issues. Maybe they're playing around with different trannies, too.

LU-RS6
March 9th, 2007, 22:13
My guess:

No RS6

But an S6plus like they had with the C4 model.

Leadfoot
March 9th, 2007, 23:39
The development period in these car is vast, the hot weather, cold weather, endurance and handling testing all take their time but things are coming to an end, there is presently two cars going through final cold weather testing and the car will be presented to the pubic at the IAA show soon. I must be done in the same way as BMW have shown the M3, March as a concept in name only with the real thing in September, the RS6 might be shown soon but might not be on general release until spring/summer '08.

Tony Lam
March 10th, 2007, 01:19
i saw some pictures of the new M3 and it looks cool....however i still think that the RS4 is a better machine to drive......btw i wish i would have RS6 & RS4 at the same time.:dig:

Niklas
March 10th, 2007, 02:36
I think they will wait untill there is a new A6 model, all their money has gone to a5/s5. R8. or 2010 maybe, when the new A8 comes.

jonas21
March 10th, 2007, 10:58
i saw some pictures of the new M3 and it looks cool....however i still think that the RS4 is a better machine to drive......btw i wish i would have RS6 & RS4 at the same time.:dig:

They look good next to each other :)

(no, i dont own both)

jonas21
March 10th, 2007, 11:03
I think they will wait untill there is a new A6 model, all their money has gone to a5/s5. R8. or 2010 maybe, when the new A8 comes.

Audi is definitivly working on a RS6 based on the current A6. There have been numerous mules and there is another board (german only) where some girl/woman said that she drove with someone from Audi in a RS6 mule. However she couldnt (or wasnt allowed to) make any statements regarding what the car will have. As far as i had read she was trustworthy (or atleast the members of the board said so).
Heres the link to the thread:
http://rs246.de/Forum2/viewtopic.php?t=909

SuperstarDriver
March 10th, 2007, 15:24
RS6 C6 will be and will come in this year in the next months i assure you all!!!

Tony Lam
March 10th, 2007, 16:22
wow.....that's great:applause: !! but how can u be so sure??:eye:

SuperstarDriver
March 10th, 2007, 18:15
wanna bett with me?i am very very sure cause i feel it...inside me there's an audi engine revving to his limit of phisically posible...RS6 will be hot new bible in the supercar area...hmmmm...yes yes yes...audi 4 life...

BBGT2
March 10th, 2007, 18:49
As I have always said in the past, you wont see the next gen RS6 being produced until late 2008/early 2008.

Autoweek's latest issue said that Audi confirmed the RS5 lineup is a go, which only means the RS6 is on the backburner for now. Its all marketing folks, its gonna be easier to sell more S5/RS5's than the RS6. The last RS6 was close to $90k, the next gen is going to be more, prolly closer to $100k. That is alot of dough to pay for a heavily modified A6 chassis, would i buy it? Probably yes, but I dont think I speak for alot of RS6 demographic population. Audi is busy now, no make that VERY musy with the RS4, TT-RS, A5/S5/RS5 and the almighty R8/R10 deal to focus on the RS6.

Thats just my view, but whats been happening in the past few months shows that I am correct or maybe just a little bit on the right path with my forecast.

Bajo

skiwi
March 10th, 2007, 19:54
i believe that the thing holding up the rs6 is simple:
1) quattro is still making the rs4 with strong demand for the car still;
2) the s6 has just been released. audi wants that to have a reasonable run as the c6 "halo" car before the new "halo" car is released.

these are also the reasons why the rs6 will debut before the rs5.

as for price - i hope that make it more expensive and reduce the quantity made. my rhd rs2 was 1 of 3,000 of which only 1/10th were rhd. the result was excellent residuals. i believe there have been 6,000 rs4's to-date with production still continuing.

Tony Lam
March 11th, 2007, 10:22
i agree with u:hihi: , the new S6 has just been released therefore i believe the new RS6 should be in the showroom by 2008.....well in this case we'll have to wait for another year!

BBGT2
March 11th, 2007, 21:59
i agree with u:hihi: , the new S6 has just been released therefore i believe the new RS6 should be in the showroom by 2008.....well in this case we'll have to wait for another year!

:jlol:

I guess we shall see who is right then. Believe me the next gen RS6 will NOT make it to the states until late 2009 model.

The S6 is old news as is the RS4 and the S8.

Tony Lam
March 12th, 2007, 01:42
Hi BBGT2, how do u like your G55?? I love your car so much but the price in Hong Kong is too high......anyway great car!!:dig:

Leadfoot
March 12th, 2007, 08:26
:jlol:

I guess we shall see who is right then. Believe me the next gen RS6 will NOT make it to the states until late 2009 model.

The S6 is old news as is the RS4 and the S8.

I doubt the RS6 will be in Europe before 2008 but do believe we will see it in concept form sometime this year. The A5 was shown at the start of March and won't be available until June, that's 3~4 months after showing, if the RS6 is shown in Sept that would mean Jan'08.:p

Lukester
March 19th, 2007, 18:17
Hey guys! new in here.. but thought I just wanted to share my experience from yesterday regards to the discussion about the new RS6

Was driving just outside Stockholm and suddenly a extremely dirty metallic blue S6 entered the motorway. The vehicle was badged with S6 emblem, but had some weird antennas on the rear. The registration plate indicated a german car and the first letters was IN for Ingolstadt... Two men was driving the car and there was a number of laptop-screens visible on the dashbord and it looked like some fancy test equippment and stuff... Most likely they came from Northern Sweden where they probably did some winter tests.... My concern however was if this could have been a camouglaged RS6 in the costume of a normal S6? Why would they wintertest a model that has been on the market for a while? ... Does this make sence?

Thanks for a great board otherwise... Really like audis and have been reading here as annonymous previously.

Cheers!

Ricoloco
March 19th, 2007, 18:51
I´ve also seen a strange blue "S6"! The hood was NOT the same as on the S6, huge intakes, lower and wider wheels. Very dirty. Just got a fast look on it as I was about to leave the motorway, just north of Stockholm.

MPT
March 19th, 2007, 19:36
New here on the forum, but still i would like to give some info on what i think (and know), about the upcoming Audi RS6.

I will bet it's going to be a 5.2ltr V10 FSI, no turbo.

It will proberbly be a little lighter than S6, but with almost the same technique. Torsen T3 (60:40), Tiptronic (maybe 7-speed, of couse tuned for this car), and then in the overall just a bit upgraded (brakes, suspension etc.).

I really think this car will dissapoint people expecting a 580hp TT-V10, that will put M5 E60 to shame, on both track and in straight line acceleration.

On a track the Audi RS6 will be MUCH faster (even faster than RS4), but in straight line acceleration, i don't think it will keep up with the rwd M5.

Again; Handling = Audi, speed/fun (if you call fun, drifting into a ditch :trash:) = BMW.

Just my, 20øre.

Leadfoot
March 19th, 2007, 21:47
Well if we are to believe what we see from some of the races held by M6.COM then I very much doubt even 550hp will be enough to beat an M5 in acceleration. So lets forget about the acceleration and top speed and talk about what other things well make the RS6 a major player, it's handling finesse, it's grip, it's brakes and standard equipment.

First, it's handling finesse. The S6 has only had bad comments on it's ride quality, they all said that it's got good directional change and is quite agile for such a big heavy car. Now the S6 runs on coil springs and normal dampers but the question is will the RS6 keep this or change to DRC or even MagneticRide. We know that the newer DRC system in the RS4 transformed the ride quality while also improving the feel and balance of the chassis, with the C6 chassis we already know it's an improvement over the A4 chassis so DRC might be the choice. But what of MagneticRide, well in the TT the system also makes a real difference in the way the car performs but though it's ride is better there is still a problem with it's slow speed ride. Some people here say there is a difference between the two system in the TT and the R8 so maybe Audi will give the RS6 the better system from the R8, it's biggest advantage over DRC is it's quicker to react and will corner more level.

Secondly the grip. Well there is no doubt that the RS6 will out grip all of it's rwd rivals and give it an advantage in that it will be easier to control nearer the limit and beyond it.

Then the brakes. I reckon Audi will be looking to Porsche to provide the stoppers, say from the big Cayenne Turbo S, if it will stop it then the RS6 will be no problem at all and this will give the RS6 one up on the M5 which many regard as it's biggest downfall.

Finally there is the standard equipment. Audi have never been great with standard spec on it's normal range, but on the RS models they usually give the car a spec at least the equal of it's rivals. So you can expect full leather, cruise control, elec seats, parking sensors and maybe sat-nav. This time round I reckon the options list will be endless with such goodies as adaptive cruise control, carbon brakes, B & O audio system etc.

As for the performance of the thing, I reckon it will if it gets 520hp be 4secs slower to 250km/h than an M5 but will be a little quicker in the in-gear times. Swings and round-abouts in other words.:D

MPT
March 21st, 2007, 17:41
Ohh, i forgot to say what i know about the power of the engine; 520hp at aroung 7800-8000rpm, and tourqe at around 520nm, between 4000 and 4500rpm.

BTW. it would be absolutely INSANE, if Audi was to put a TT V10 with 560+ hp. I think they should stop this hp race (like bmw did with E92 M3), and in stead go for lower weight, and better handling.

Just what i heard from very reliable sources ^^. :360:

SuperstarDriver
March 21st, 2007, 18:35
dissapointed?why?cause it hasn't come at the Geneva?Hmmm...for me only today i did understood why Audi RS6 hasn't been released at the Geneva...when you definetively have brand new 2 models in which you invested a lot a lot of bilion of euro's in production and development you realise that A5/S5 are the real goods you have to concentrate on to keep everybody eyes and ears at you every moment not to the other brands and the little surprise of Q7 4.2TDI engine was the shot and spotted Audi to no.1 at Geneva so if the new RS6 had been released at the same time with A5/S5 those 2 new models would been eclipsed in a second and Audi could been not so sticky to the public so they came to this idea to have to wait for the new RS6 for Frankfurt Motorshow!I have the new number for March of the new TopGear in which i found a suppliment where are presented the 2007 model lauch and specifications of all the models on the planet!Like i said therefore even there says that the new RS6 will have TT V10 and more than 550HP (i did say 560HP or 580HP info from my source) but we all know that if will have 550HP will beat the crap every saloon in the world including the high end but not his rival of S 63 AMG of 612HP which will be humiliate by RS6 even though it's a different of class!But let's talk about our sheep's...so RS6 will definetively beat M5 to drag race and in the corners like i said even with the engine from Gallardo normal aspirated like someone says at this topic!So who is in trouble now?Why someone are nervous and very mad for Audi?Audi is doing what he ever done...beat the crap M Power cars and be no.1 sportier car maker!

RXBG
March 26th, 2007, 15:49
poll: new RS6 transmission- a true auto or a F1-style a la M5?

Dave
March 26th, 2007, 16:10
Rumour is that the 'new' RS6 is coming in way over budget and Audi are having problems making it for a price.

If it comes in at say £15,000 over the price of the M5 then it becomes a real problem. Audi also had to do a lot of engineering to cool the bi-turbo V8 in the original RS6, so how they are going to fit a bi-turbo v10 remains a mystery.

My hunch would be a fsi V10, highly tuned rather than adding blowers. It would have better fuel economy, could be used in the R10 and would be cheaper to produce.

RXBG
March 26th, 2007, 16:24
all good points. but i think a heavy car like the RS6 with a power sapping awd system needs more torque than a NA high revving V10 like the one the M5 or the R8 will employ. a good source has told me that audi was working on three V10 versions of the S6/S8 engines as of 3 or 4 months ago. sure things change but one of them was a high revving NA motor destined for the R8, a TT version of the S6/S8 engine and a third version with VL. i would presume that the second version was planned for the RS6 and the third as an evolution of the S6/S8 engine for use on the D4 A8 as the base engine.

regarding the cooling issue of the TT engine, perhaps hood ducts could help the cause- a la the new M3- and make the car very aggressive in appearance.

my 2 euros (in honor of the predominant euro crowd on this board) swiss and brits excluded :360:

Leadfoot
March 26th, 2007, 17:05
RXBG,

We must be hearing our info from the same source. Everything is exactly the same as I have heard, but because so many here assume the RS6 will be N/A I have taken a back seat in case my info is wrong or possibly old data.

I was also told that there was a R8v10 with two versions of the RS6 hot weather testing a month or two back.

There has been everything from 520hp right up to 670hp talked about and I know that there was a 670hp mule being tested on the ring months ago but this was only to test the limits of the transmission system. Very thoughtful of Audi to make sure the independent tuners are catered for. :p

The only thing we can 100% be sure of is that it is coming and soon.

For the epic Blockbuster Action Movie 'The clash of the titans' (M5 vs RS6 vs E63) coming to traffic lights here you sometime 2008. :burnout:

QuattroFun
March 26th, 2007, 17:45
I have no inside info whatsoever on the subject - but as far as I can see, the V10 TT variant that could be the final engine is not from the S6/S8.

Remember the Le Mans V10 5.0L FSI TT of 610PS and 750Nm? It was just the Gallardo engine with a pair of blowers and FSI right? Well, actually no: same displacement but different bore and stroke than Gallardo 5.0 - designed and built by the by now sold Cosworth. The responsible engineer said at the time that up to 800-900PS was possible from it. It might actually fit under the hood and it would be a pity to test and build an engine that would never come into use.

SuperstarDriver
March 26th, 2007, 18:29
for me as i was saying TT V10 will blown me with 570-780HP or even the high rev 5.2L from Gallardo not bad at all, actually i love high rev engines the same like i love turbo engines of course!I know now that RS6 is a big mystery for all of us but when it gonna be on the market will crash M power supercar M5 and E63 AMG in the same time, it will definetely be a monster car!

AndyBG
March 26th, 2007, 22:40
For me, it's not logical for AUDI to put that amount of money into RS 6 project in this moment, 5.2 V10 N/A producing 520 - 550 hp is only logical move for them.

Thing that boders me is, that AUDI, once again, isn't going to ofer RS 6 with manual 'box, and I thin it would be great move at this moment to do so.

6 speed manual and some speed shifting auto', peoples choice.

Damienr8
March 26th, 2007, 22:45
For me, it's not logical for AUDI to put that amount of money into RS 6 project in this moment, 5.2 V10 N/A producing 520 - 550 hp is only logical move for them.

Thing that boders me is, that AUDI, once again, isn't going to ofer RS 6 with manual 'box, and I thin it would be great move at this moment to do so.

6 speed manual and some speed shifting auto', peoples choice.

Yep Agreed. Im guessing a 5.2L NA High-Revving V10 with 520hp. Weight will prolly stay the same due to the extensive use of aluminum (fenders, hood, trunk, etc). Ah well, only time will tell.