PDA

View Full Version : very bag running 2003 rs6

rs6damage
March 6th, 2007, 12:41
hi guys wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction my rs6 is in a bad way it wont go over 70mph and runs awful it went to audi and they didnt no what the problem was then they said needs 2 new turbo's and an ecu.previously it showed a fault on the lambda also and on another fault check showed over boosting.basically im in surrey and want to no where is best to take the car it had an upgrade at amd but now they have swapped hands they dont seam to want to touch the car.i need to sort this problem asap but not many people seem to be able to look at it can u give me some options please????

ps ive changed the maf's it didnt fix it can the lambda's be exchanged with the engine in situe?

Bigglezworth
March 6th, 2007, 13:53
Any engine code?

sleepera8
March 6th, 2007, 14:27
do you have a vagcom?
try clearing the error codes.

in my Touareg, which was the V10TDI. one day(after having just gotten off a 18hr flight) the treg just wasn't pulling like it should. the error code was for a turbo controller issue. I cleared the error and the turbos kicked in.

Now some said I probably needed to go to the dealer and get a new ECU or turbos, well I was off warrranty and wasn't going to spend the money....so I got the s4 instead.

nene
March 6th, 2007, 14:28
Where are you? Europe? US? Other continent?
If in the US, I'd contact AoA to make sure they get your dealer to help you out, or recommend one that will. Is the car still under warranty? If not under any type of warranty, take it to a shop that will take care of you, since it might be an expensive fix. Good luck. The description of the problem is not detailed enough to provide you with much assistance.

rs6damage
March 6th, 2007, 21:36
thanks for ur help guys im in the uk though the engine fault codes were cleared but did no good i dnt no the engine code but its a 2003 4.2 twin turbo v8 if that helps

sleepera8
March 6th, 2007, 21:40
this was the type of error I had on the treg, which when cleared fixed this issue.

Address 01: Engine

Part No: 070 906 016 BG

Component: V10 5,0L EDCG000AGMª5979

Coding: 0060575

Shop #: WSC 31414

1 Fault Found:

18360 - Turbocharger Control Module 1: Defective

P1952 - 000 - -

Readiness: N/A

rs6damage
March 6th, 2007, 21:42
i actuelly think audi replaced that module the other day and it didnt fix the problem

johnny bigballs
March 6th, 2007, 21:44
is the car still under warranty??

rs6damage
March 6th, 2007, 21:45
no warrenty lol i dont need reminding that was a bad move lol :nono:

johnny bigballs
March 6th, 2007, 21:47
where in the uk are you?

RSVI
March 7th, 2007, 10:25
Think he is also in Surrey.

skiwi
March 7th, 2007, 17:58
how do you think we can help when you can barely explain the problem, and you have cleared the codes without writing them down?

1. drive the car again.
2. collect the codes (if you need to go to the dealer and ask them to give you the print out)
3. post them here

then we might be able to help you.

and take a little more time in writing. as you live in surrey, i assume english is your 1st language, but i had to read your posts 5 times to figure out what you are saying...

LIRS6
March 7th, 2007, 20:00
and take a little more time in writing. as you live in surrey, i assume english is your 1st language, but i had to read your posts 5 times to figure out what you are saying...

same here, although i speak american lol:rotflmao: