PDA

View Full Version : Secret Codes?!?!

TekTalk
March 5th, 2007, 16:28
The stuff below appears on e-Bay very regular, is it for real or just a con?

Audi TT QUATTRO A2 A3 A4 A6 A8 S3 S4 S6
RS4 RS6
Secret & Diagnostic CODES!

If you own a Audi TT QUATTRO A2 A3 A4 A6 A8
S3 S4 S6 RS4 RS6
WITH CLIMATE CONTROL
Then read on!
For only £1 I will e-mail you simple instuctions in which you can get a digital read out of your exact speed, engine speed etc plus over 100 more diagnostic readouts all displayed on your climate control display.
It takes less than 5 seconds to do and can be switched on or off at any time.
These codes are used by the Audi technicians to fault find and diagnose faults with your car. So why pay £100's when you will be able to do it yourself!
Please note that the code information supplied may differ slightly depending on the age and model of the car but it is easy enough to work this out when working through the codes as a description of what is being displayed is supplied in the information I will send.
(Not applicable to the new shape A3/A4's or for cars with dual climate control)
You will get an actual document you can print off not just a link to a website.

skiwi
March 5th, 2007, 17:48
yes, it is real. it involves holding down the recirc and up bottons (iirc) on the older climate control systems and then you can page through the diagnostic codes of the system. this is basically allowing the hvac control head to display can-bus values on it's display.

on my s8, i found it useful to get access to the engine termps, as i was chasing an issue with high engine temps. the real-time readouts helped narrow the focus to a faulty temp sender.

the rs6 doesn't have the same short-cuts, or at least no-one has found them.

jonas21
March 5th, 2007, 17:53
This is public everywhere...

diag with old climatronic:

- start iginition
- push and hold air circulation (lower right)
- push arrow upside (higher right) and let go
- let go air circulation button
- left display should now show OC
- using cold/warm buttons you can now choose diag channel
- push circulation button once and let go

diag with new climatronic:

- start ignition
- push both air circulation and arrow up and let go
- choose diag channel
- use air circulation button to select
- to get back to normal: push air circulation and arrow up together

I just translated this from what i've found via google on german sides. I am not going to translate all the correct channels and their descriptions :) I am sure you can find this via google etc.

jonas21
March 5th, 2007, 17:56
the rs6 doesn't have the same short-cuts, or at least no-one has found them.

Are you sure? I dont remember if i ever tried it...but i thought it was possible? The climate panel and stuff is the same as in a usual A6....so why not? I'll try later :)

MBCA S6
March 5th, 2007, 19:10
Are you sure? I dont remember if i ever tried it...but i thought it was possible? The climate panel and stuff is the same as in a usual A6....so why not? I'll try later :)

I think you can do it on the C5 models. This link probably has the procedure somewhere on it. :) Amazing amount of info on the C5.http://sonolithics.com/files/a6_links.html#service

TekTalk
March 6th, 2007, 08:47
Cheers Guys!

Very interesting, I didn't realise it was common public knowledge that you could do these things... but I will be scouting the t'internet now to find out what I can.

I thought it was just some scam bloke trying to sell some duff info! - mind, it's still a scam if he's selling data that is available in the public domain!!!

skiwi
March 6th, 2007, 09:06
just to confirm that this doesn't work on my rs6...

TekTalk
March 6th, 2007, 09:17
just to confirm that this doesn't work on my rs6...

... so the stuff above from jonas, "diag with new climatronic", doesn't work on an RS6?

:stick:

skiwi
March 13th, 2007, 08:59
i've just got it figured out.

1) hold down the recirculation button
2) hit the "up" air direction button

presto, you are in diagnostic mode.

the display is quite different to the s8 one, in that you set the value to interogate with the lhs "+" and "-" buttons, then hit "recirc" to display the value in the rhs.

can't make sense of the codes yet, but the "55" position looks like engine temp...

i'd be interested in any code listing available. i might look to try bentley when i get time...

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 10:04
used to work on my previous s3, now doesn't work anymore on my A3 nor on my A4. i loved this feature! so sad

ZeroCool
March 13th, 2007, 11:46
@Charles_DLF...

If you have an Audi Navigation Plus RNS-E in your A3 ... you can also see some of this "hidden features" which you've seen in your previous S3.

It's not the same ... but things like GPS-Speed and some other funny things are possible to show...