PDA

View Full Version : RSunday in Switzerland

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 09:25
This week end we had our first reunion of RS4 from Geneva and surrounding.

Webbah, Fab and met for the first time. We had the chances of testing different options and hearing the monstruos Milltek exaust of Webbah!!!

These are the fist few pics! I guess we will post more and perhaps a video...

Enjoy!!!

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 11:38
Very nice little trip indeed :incar: :revs:

I will also post my pics in the near future (and also switch to my summer wheels and tires as well next Wednesday....:jlol: ).

The vid will be definitely the best to be reported to the forum :king:

Once again very nice trip around. It is always great to meet with nice mates and nice RS4s. To be replicated soon :thumb:

Fab

P.S. The Miltek exhaust is just mind blowing. Really great sound very similar to the original sound note :MTM:

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:03

Webbah, Fab and met for the first time. We had the chances of testing different options and hearing the monstruos Milltek exaust of Webbah!!!

Enjoy!!!

Sounds like a great trip guys. Makes me feel a bit nostalgic for Switzerland (I lived there on and off for 4 years - just came back to Australia late last year).

Where are you all from? I lived in Zurich and after a staying a year or so in Paris moved to Lausanne.

BTW - what sort of costs are in involved for a Miltek exhaust including installation? Just a ballpark because I'm thinking about it for mine.

Brad

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 12:20
We are all from the Geneva area and the Jura mountain offers very nice roads...

For the Miltek Webbah will answer you... I can simply repeat that the sound is :vgrumpy: :MTM: :wo:

OzRS4
March 5th, 2007, 12:28
BTW - what sort of costs are in involved for a Miltek exhaust including installation? Just a ballpark because I'm thinking about it for mine.
Brad

You must have missed my post on the Milltek in Australia.... "the AUD$ price list is on page 6 - http://www.millteksport.com.au/price....pricelist.pdf (http://www.millteksport.com.au/prices/audi.milltek.retail.pricelist.pdf) . Do you think $5K (exclude installation?) is reasonable?"

OzRS4

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:29
We are all from the Geneva area and the Jura mountain offers very nice roads...

For the Miltek Webbah will answer you... I can simply repeat that the sound is :vgrumpy: :MTM: :wo:

Bonjour!

Is it ridiculously loud? I guess I don't want all eyes turned towards me if I'm just down the street to buy some groceries. I'm a bit worried that it will attract too much attention.

Also, does it operate off the sport button also? Thus being a little bit more subtle until you press it?

Brad

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 12:35
Well the standard exhaust note is already very very nice.... The miltek gives you this bad ass extra and goid around in town will of course put all eyes on you (it is even the case with the factory exhaust already...).

I personally prefers to stick on the standard.

I know Miltek offers both with and without valves.

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:35
You must have missed my post on the Milltek in Australia.... "the AUD$ price list is on page 6 - http://www.millteksport.com.au/price....pricelist.pdf (http://www.millteksport.com.au/prices/audi.milltek.retail.pricelist.pdf) . Do you think $5K (exclude installation?) is reasonable?"

OzRS4

Hi mate,

Yeah I saw the post, but how much to fit it? I guess these guys will be at the motor show so I might head there this weekend and find out more.

5k seems a fair slug, but it will give the car new legs after a year or two of ownership. I was thinking of using it to "refresh" my car after 18 months. Like anything, even an RS4 will get "same-ey" after driving it for a while.

Brad

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:39
Well the standard exhaust note is already very very nice.... The miltek gives you this bad ass extra and goid around in town will of course put all eyes on you (it is even the case with the factory exhaust already...).

I personally prefers to stick on the standard.

I know Miltek offers both with and without valves.

There are far more hot V8s in Australia than CH, so I guess RS4s blend in (a little bit!) more here than there. Currently people only look when you have the right foot flat to the floor...

Hopefully I can experience one here live before making the choice.

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 12:46
There are far more hot V8s in Australia than CH, so I guess RS4s blend in (a little bit!) more here than there. Currently people only look when you have the right foot flat to the floor...

Hopefully I can experience one here live before making the choice.Your right there are more V10 and V12 in Geneva :love:

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:57
Your right there are more V10 and V12 in Geneva :love:

They must all stay in their garages as I never saw any on the roads! :)

Just kidding, its just that whereas in Europe young people drive "hot hatches" like GTIs etc with modified exhausts et al, in Australia we have "hot sedans", which are typically V8. Just a factor of culture and petrol prices...

As for cars in Geneva, I never saw so many Ferarris, lambos, maserratis (sp?), aston martins, porches etc. in one place. I had a Cayman S when I was there and I was almost embarassed to take it on the road. :blush:

KK265
March 5th, 2007, 13:38
Very nice little trip indeed :incar: :revs:

I will also post my pics in the near future (and also switch to my summer wheels and tires as well next Wednesday....:jlol: ).

The vid will be definitely the best to be reported to the forum :king:

Once again very nice trip around. It is always great to meet with nice mates and nice RS4s. To be replicated soon :thumb:

Fab

P.S. The Miltek exhaust is just mind blowing. Really great sound very similar to the original sound note :MTM:

It would be interesting to see a street racing video between stock avant and sedan and between standard and a milltek exhaust one.

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 13:54
The swiss laws are very tight on speeding... I am not sure that doing a street race is a good idea. On the other hand we did a video to compare the sound and you have couple runs where we drive by.
the video will have the 3 cars. One sedan Chipped, one standard avant and one milltek avant... you will see!

To ge the video faster you should bribe Webbah!

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 13:55
Fab how are the pics? are they any nice?

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 13:57
We did not race but it is definitely something I want to do next time.

The sedan that came is tuned (chip extra 20-30hp) so will be interesting to see the diff modded sedan vs stock avant :revs:

If we continue to meet on a regular basis we will bring on some interesting thinks hehe...

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 15:18
I think it will be had to see the difference between tuned and not tuned. when the car in front was accelerating hard I would do the same and the gain was just marginal except. I was gaining a lot more from 6500+. On high revs till 8600 is seemed a lot faster than the other cars but it could be related to the different shifting point... more than the extra hp.

KK265
March 5th, 2007, 15:31
The swiss laws are very tight on speeding... I am not sure that doing a street race is a good idea. On the other hand we did a video to compare the sound and you have couple runs where we drive by.
the video will have the 3 cars. One sedan Chipped, one standard avant and one milltek avant... you will see!

To ge the video faster you should bribe Webbah!
In Greece you go directly to the court,you loose the lisence for 6 months and plates and money and points etc..
So the system is as this:Someone goes front slowly 1 km and search for policemen,laser guns etc...If everything is ok phone to the other two and the race starts!!!

Dear Fab come to Greece with the car to make a video here!!!!!

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 15:36
Fab how are the pics? are they any nice?Well my pics are not the best on earth but not bad I will post them shortly.

:bye:

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 15:37
In Greece you go directly to the court,you loose the lisence for 6 months and plates and money and points etc..
So the system is as this:Someone goes front slowly 1 km and search for policemen,laser guns etc...If everything is ok phone to the other two and the race starts!!!

Dear Fab come to Greece with the car to make a video here!!!!!I obviously come by plane :D but if I can rent one out there we can go for a run :incar:

KK265
March 5th, 2007, 15:53
I obviously come by plane :D but if I can rent one out there we can go for a run :incar:

In Greece is difficult or impossible to rent an RS4.There is not exist.Only Mercedes and ,911 carrera etc...

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 16:43
Yeah definitely Greece is not Audi and definitely not S or RS. Probalby because they don't need quattro that much. The only S4 I saw is the one of a client of mine. But he loves it a keeps it although he sold his M3 and got an M5 lately...

You are probably the only owner in Athens... What an exclusivity :thumb:

RXBG
March 5th, 2007, 17:20
nice. beautiful switzerland. wish i had been able to go for the car show this year.

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 17:59
Hey guys! AWESOME day last Sunday. Was great to meet you both! I've been off site on business all day and away from the forums... (yeah I have to work to pay for the car and my other toys)... ;)

I'll post the pics shortly. The video will take me a little more time as I need to edit it and add some special effects and transitions. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Cheers,

Webbah

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 18:03
Sounds like a great trip guys. Makes me feel a bit nostalgic for Switzerland (I lived there on and off for 4 years - just came back to Australia late last year).

Where are you all from? I lived in Zurich and after a staying a year or so in Paris moved to Lausanne.

Brad

Hey Brad,

In Switzerland I paid 3,600CHF in total. Had it done at Digit-Power. I'm changing to the Valved system in another week. It's the unit I wanted originally but they only had the un-valved system when I arrived. With the valved system you can go quiet (er) with the S button. It's a deeper growl than the stock with more V8 "burble". The video I will post should give you a good idea. We recorded some straight line drive by's with all 3 of our cars. Typically we blasted by in 3rd gear at about 6-7000RPM and shifted to 4th so we could capture different sounds and compare.

Would have loved to do this in a tunnel but we didn't have any around in the mountains. Guess that is an excuse for the next meet up? :hahahehe:

Webbah

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 18:29
Would have loved to do this in a tunnel but we didn't have any around in the mountains. Guess that is an excuse for the next meet up? :hahahehe:

Webbahdefinitely a good excuse :dig:

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 18:41
Here a a few pics of our trip in the Jura Mountains. Video and some comedy pics soon...

Enjoy!

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 18:44

Enjoy!!!

MR USER,

You might want to edit out (mask) the license plate before posting pics mate. At least it isn't my car that show's in the pic you posted! :incar:

Fab
March 5th, 2007, 18:50
looking forward to the vid hehe:king:

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 19:09
A little comedy for tonight... :alig:

Enjoy! :rotflmao:

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 21:17
Guys you should have PM'd me! :vhmmm:

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 21:34
And now for our feature presentation.... :wo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efen7uhHTqM

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/efen7uhHTqM"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/efen7uhHTqM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

:revs: :applause:

Webbah

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 22:03
Guys you should have PM'd me! :vhmmm:

Sorry mate! Thought you were in Belgium or something... Next time! :0:

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 22:04
Sorry mate! Thought you were in Belgium or something... Next time! :0:

When are you having your Milltek euh... rechanged :lovl:

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 22:06
When are you having your Milltek euh... rechanged :lovl:

Hopefully next week. It ships from the UK tomorrow. Dominic Tranchet said i should have it by the 13-14th or so... :mech:

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 22:11
Hopefully next week. It ships from the UK tomorrow. Dominic Tranchet said i should have it by the 13-14th or so... :mech:

Yeah when I was there last week for the Vmax Aufhebung I asked Keller how come they installed the wrong one on your car, he said generally they only very seldom install the oval ones, I find that hard to believe though :eye:
I can't imagine having 2x2's on my RS6, and neither can I imagine having them if I'd own an RS4.

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 22:15
Yeah when I was there last week for the Vmax Aufhebung I asked Keller how come they installed the wrong one on your car, he said generally they only very seldom install the oval ones, I find that hard to believe though :eye:
I can't imagine having 2x2's on my RS6, and neither can I imagine having them if I'd own an RS4.

I can't imagine anyone wanting the 2x2's! Totally ruins the look of the car. With the Oval's no one can really even tell (until they hear the sound).

Really sucks that I have to take off another afternoon of work to drive back up there!

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 22:17
I can't imagine anyone wanting the 2x2's! Totally ruins the look of the car. With the Oval's no one can really even tell (until they hear the sound).

Really sucks that I have to take off another afternoon of work to drive back up there!

Ask them to give you the Vmax Aufhebung for free because of your lost time and money :mech: :dig:

Webbah
March 5th, 2007, 22:24
Ask them to give you the Vmax Aufhebung for free because of your lost time and money :mech: :dig:

If I spoke German that might be easier... :eye:

Is that just a delimiter or do they do more advanced chip tuning>?

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 22:53
If I spoke German that might be easier... :eye:

Is that just a delimiter or do they do more advanced chip tuning>?

Just a delimiter..but they do chip tuning too.

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 23:17
Webbah you should be working for a TV or something!!! You cut videos like a pro!!!
Unfortunately my hand is not too still but the sound got out right anyway!!!

As for the plate numbers... should have but could not be bothered! I just remove the pic instead!!!

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 23:18
I love the comic interpretation!!!!

MR USER
March 5th, 2007, 23:19
LU should we count ou in for the rext RSunday? may be you wll lead the way to the nordschleife!!!

KK265
March 5th, 2007, 23:37
Yeah definitely Greece is not Audi and definitely not S or RS. Probalby because they don't need quattro that much. The only S4 I saw is the one of a client of mine. But he loves it a keeps it although he sold his M3 and got an M5 lately...

You are probably the only owner in Athens... What an exclusivity :thumb:
I do not live in Athens and there about 15 RS4s.I have seen 4-5 of them on the road randomly.Only 1 avant.Black.

LU-RS6
March 5th, 2007, 23:39
LU should we count ou in for the rext RSunday? may be you wll lead the way to the nordschleife!!!

Absolutely count me in. Hell I'd lead you guys to Siberia if I need to, i was BORN to drive this car :0:

22.000kms since end of November and counting :dig::dig:

Webbah
March 6th, 2007, 07:01
Webbah you should be working for a TV or something!!! You cut videos like a pro!!!
Unfortunately my hand is not too still but the sound got out right anyway!!!

Honestly, I did that in a rush and didn't use the "real gear" in the studio. I used my home macbook pro laptop with iMovie HD and did that in about an hour. I knew you guys were anxious to see the clips so didn't want to wait.

Yes, you're hand was a bit shaky. Perhaps a little too much espresso eh italiano? :rotflmao:

Next time you must bring the camera mount for the car. I'll also bring the HD video camera and will do a proper video with us driving. :0:

Have a nice day guys,

Webbah

Fab
March 6th, 2007, 07:03
Webbah congratulations for this great vid :thumb: :thumb: Very good job :asian:

We will have to work on much more in the near future.... And get our friend LU-RS6 with us.

For your info guys I am getting my summer wheels tomorrow :D :D so no more jokes :lovl: .

I am the only one not having posted pics...will do so tonight I promess...

Have a nice day...

Ciao

Fab:rs4kiss:

LU-RS6
March 6th, 2007, 09:19
I can take my headrest camera mount with me, no shaking whatsoever, here are 2 movies that have been made with this mount. Even bumps in the road at +290 km/h are no problem.

cruising in Germany
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlBhoBzrhg)
cruising in Antwerp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXVv-Cbzxk)

Imagine, me following 3 battling RS4's and filming it from my car :0::0:

MR USER
March 6th, 2007, 09:31
Imagine, me following 3 battling RS4's and filming it from my car :0::0:

Well you will need a helicopter for that!!! :thumb:
YOu would also need the earplugs for the milltek sound... is devastating!:music:

LU-RS6
March 6th, 2007, 09:44
YOu would also need the earplugs for the milltek sound... is devastating!:music:

I would not be too sure of that :hahahehe::hahahehe: I'll have to watch closely not to overtake you guys :lovl:

Here's my milltek sound (http://sven.geschiedenisles.com/leftlane.wav) btw :harass:

RS6 vs RS4B7, can't wait :applause:

Webbah
March 6th, 2007, 09:44

LU-RS6 has a Milltek too mate, so he is very familiar with the sound... ;)

Too bad we can't hear it in his videos!

LU-RS6
March 6th, 2007, 09:47
Too bad we can't hear it in his videos!

See my post above :hahahehe:

Webbah
March 6th, 2007, 09:56
See my post above :hahahehe:

Yeah, very nice, but only at idle. You can't truly hear the Milltek until it is under load. In a tunnel is music for any petrol head!

MR USER
March 6th, 2007, 10:20
In a tunnel is music for any petrol head!

Even in the country side is music.... From behind when the whole sistem is warm... OOOOO MMMYYYY.

As i said on sunday... my stock exausts sounds like a fiat 500 compared to that!!!
It has thie racing mean mean mean note that just makes me want to get the whole sistem (without catalizers) and get some rosting done when downshifting!
I want flames and thunders!!!

Even if I get arrested after one hour it will be the best 60 minutes money could buy!!!

brad
March 7th, 2007, 01:56
And now for our feature presentation.... :wo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efen7uhHTqM

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/efen7uhHTqM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </OBJECT></P>
:revs: :applause:

Webbah

Thanks Webbah, its a fun video, but maybe I was tired when I looked at it, or the sound pickup of the video is not that good, or am just going deaf, but I couldn't really get a good feel for the difference in the exhaust notes.

I actually had to go back to the start of the film to see in the credits which car had the milltek fitted.

There is one point (I think its the first pass by the milltek car) when the car goes off into the distance (off camera) and you hear it downchange, and its like - cool! Apart from that I was struggling to pick it.

I guess there's no substitute for hearing it in person.

Julz RS4
March 7th, 2007, 03:32
Special thanks to the Swiss crew of RS6.com for your nice report, pix and video. :rs4addict http://www.audipassion.com/services/forums/style_emoticons/default/asuisse.gif

Webbah
March 7th, 2007, 09:47
Thanks Webbah, its a fun video, but maybe I was tired when I looked at it, or the sound pickup of the video is not that good, or am just going deaf, but I couldn't really get a good feel for the difference in the exhaust notes.

I actually had to go back to the start of the film to see in the credits which car had the milltek fitted.

There is one point (I think its the first pass by the milltek car) when the car goes off into the distance (off camera) and you hear it downchange, and its like - cool! Apart from that I was struggling to pick it.

I guess there's no substitute for hearing it in person.

Hi Brad,

Very true, hearing it in person is a completely different experience. The full quality video I have sounds much better. Posting to YouTube degraded the quality some bit. The milltek has a much deeper growling sound. The stock sounds great as well, but with a higher pitch. I think the best video demonstration we could do would be in the tunnels around Geneva. Perhaps Fab, MR USER, and I can do this once I get the valved system installed at the end of next week. Another note, all exhausts get a bit louder as they break in. The Milltek seemed to come alive after 500Km or so. It also sounds better when the car is fully warmed up after about 20Km of driving.

Cheers,

Webbah

Mori
March 8th, 2007, 00:04
Poor silver RS4 with winter wheels. I almost shed a tear for her. ;)

IulianUM
March 8th, 2007, 01:47
Nice trio of aces .:rs4kiss:

Fab
March 8th, 2007, 07:00
Poor silver RS4 with winter wheels. I almost shed a tear for her. ;) Past history :D :D ! I am back on summer wheels and ready for the next RSunday :wo:

Webbah
March 8th, 2007, 08:18
Past history :D :D ! I am back on summer wheels and ready for the next RSunday :wo:

Nice to hear Fab! :applause:

I'm driving to Courchevel this weekend for some snowboarding and hope my summer tires can cope on the roads at 1850 meters.

Ahh, the irony!

Fab
March 8th, 2007, 09:52
I can lend you my winter wheels :D :D :D :D

have fun !

MR USER
March 15th, 2007, 13:48
Black Rims... just got it... I will take more pics in sunlight!

Fab
March 15th, 2007, 14:05
personally not really convinced but let's see them in sunlight...

LU-RS6
March 15th, 2007, 17:51
MR USER that's sheer porno you got there mate, we need more pics!!

Ruergard
March 15th, 2007, 18:32
First, looks like you guys had an awesome day up there! All three cars lookin&#180; absolutely great! Great to see that guys from the board meet up and do things like that.

And then, and even better for us that didn't were there. ;) Great with the pics and the video, LOVE the sound with the Milltek exhaust. Gives that little extra! :love:

Don't understand how I could have missed this thread in the first place. :|

Webbah
March 17th, 2007, 20:09
Black Rims... just got it... I will take more pics in sunlight!

Wow, very different! I'd love to see it in person. Is this the official Italian mafia ride now? ;)

MR USER
September 19th, 2007, 10:07
I think it's abou time to organise another RSunday around here...

Whan should we book a suitable date??? any proposal?

Fab
September 19th, 2007, 10:20
not the coming w-e but from next one onwards I should be fine for a ride. Let's coordinate with webbah and potentially others like LU-RS6 to compare the 2 beasts...

Webbah
September 19th, 2007, 10:38
I can't the last weekend of this month as I will be in Munich for Oktoberfest. And yes, I am driving there to enjoy the autobahn! ;) Maybe in early October? Would be fun!

MR USER
September 19th, 2007, 10:54
Early october sounds good to me.... I would suggest the following...

Driving up the Grand St. Bernard... descending to Aosta where we could do skydiving (in case you are up for that!!!) or eat something to return either by motorway or if we are in the mood the ptit St. Bernard...

I suggest to extend to all people nearby or far away that would like to join and as a date I would propose Sunday the 14th of October!

Le us see if LU or Russian or any other in the neighbohood is up for that!!! and of course if others with other cars are up for the challenge...

Webbah
September 19th, 2007, 10:59
Excellent plan mate! And the 14th works for me. Not sure about the sky diving. I'd rather bash around in the car and check out Italian chicks in Aosta.... ;) This is a perfect trip to do before I change to my winter tires. Then again, Fab probably already has his on... HAHAHA!

Driving up the Grand St. Bernard... descending to Aosta where we could do skydiving (in case you are up for that!!!) or eat something to return either by motorway or if we are in the mood the ptit St. Bernard...

I suggest to extend to all people nearby or far away that would like to join and as a date I would propose Sunday the 14th of October!

Le us see if LU or Russian or any other in the neighbohood is up for that!!! and of course if others with other cars are up for the challenge...

Webbah
September 19th, 2007, 11:00
You know guys, one dream trip of mine is to drive the Napoleon highway to the south of France from Switzerland. WE NEED TO DO THAT. We'll need a few days at least so a weekend would do. Keep it on the radar though ok? ;)

MR USER
September 19th, 2007, 11:09
Been there, done that!!! and yes i'm up for that again... it's such a demanding road! plenty of fun! It takes about 3.5 hours to get there from geneva... then about 2.5 to get to Nice using that road...

It's really worth the trip, the new rubber you need afterwards and the new pads!

Could be an alternative... but we need at least the whole WE... and i need to start saving for the fuel!!!

MR USER
September 19th, 2007, 11:11
By the way the N85 is no highway!!! is a narrow road next to some nice vertical drops!!!

Webbah
September 19th, 2007, 11:18
I posted a challenge on my blog to some buddies in Geneva. Let's see if they have the guts to join us... ;)

http://www.webbah.com/Main/Blog/Entries/2007/9/19_RSunday_October_14th!.html

MR USER
September 19th, 2007, 12:46
It looks like you skipped the skydiving part... No time or no guts?

Fab
September 19th, 2007, 17:39
I posted a challenge on my blog to some buddies in Geneva. Let's see if they have the guts to join us... ;)

http://www.webbah.com/Main/Blog/Entries/2007/9/19_RSunday_October_14th!.htmlNice blog Webbah. Also be shure that even in case of snow I will be wearing my summer tires on October 14th :D

Should be fine for me as well but let me reconfim in the coming days. My beast needs a bit of fresh air :revs:

Also let me announce you that my wife is expecting twins for early 08. So I just signed for a ML. Will keep the RS of course

LU-RS6
September 19th, 2007, 21:45
Guys, wherever, whenever, I don't care if we're taking our rides to Indochina: I'm in anyway :applause:

Skydiving? Man I'm not the biggest fan of heights but willing to face my fear :hihi:

Fab
September 20th, 2007, 07:42
Guys, wherever, whenever, I don't care if we're taking our rides to Indochina: I'm in anyway :applause:

Skydiving? Man I'm not the biggest fan of heights but willing to face my fear :hihi: Great news LU :thumb: regarding skydiving it is not my cup of tea either... We'd better drive around :incar:

Let's fix the time and meeting point and let's watch the sky a couple of days before :vgrumpy:

:dig:

Webbah
September 20th, 2007, 10:53
Perfect! I think we'll have enough adrenaline pumping through our veins already from driving. Pass on the sky diving... :brag:

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 14:01
Ok... ok. Petrolheads don't like to fly... right? well well the drive will compensate the adrenaline for sure! I have another friend from germany that might join us and another one in Courmayeur... both of them with RS4s... let us see if we can have a nice run!

Webbah.. will Aston come with you?

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 14:03
LU we were counting on you!!! it's good news you will be able to make it!

LU-RS6
September 20th, 2007, 14:11
Damn looks like I need to attract some RS6'ers to help me in the battle against the RS4 crew.

Help me out here fellow RS6 drivers!

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 14:15
No need for that!!! it will be a friendly drive to cruise around some of the best roads europe can offer!!! but the more beasts are there the best it is!!! we can battle eachother over lunch!!!

LU-RS6
September 20th, 2007, 14:17
No need for that!!! it will be a friendly drive to cruise around some of the best roads europe can offer!!! but the more beasts are there the best it is!!! we can battle eachother over lunch!!!

I hear ya, was only joking :harass:

Maybe we can get some South German RS cars on board, we'll see. I'm looking forward to it because I'm not too familiar with the region.

MR USER
September 20th, 2007, 14:19
You will love it LU it's really really nice!

And yes recruit some Deutsche UberRSmachine!!!!

Webbah
September 20th, 2007, 15:51
No way man... He'd be puking all over the back! ;)

RussianM3_dude
September 20th, 2007, 17:37
I would probably come, maybe as far as Aosta, but no further as I would only really have one day. I already did skydiving in Vegas, so would probably pass this time.

RussianM3_dude
September 20th, 2007, 17:39
Ok... ok. Petrolheads don't like to fly... right? well well the drive will compensate the adrenaline for sure! I have another friend from germany that might join us and another one in Courmayeur... both of them with RS4s... let us see if we can have a nice run!

I used to fly. Nothing special of course, just Cessnas. Was going to take aerobatic classes, but just didn't have the time or the energy for it.

MR USER
September 21st, 2007, 09:59
Russian... you can do the whole trip in one day!!! Easy...
Overall we are talking about 460 km... geneva to geneva via chamonix, martigny, col du g sain-bernard, aosta, petit st Bernard, albertville, annecy.

That is more or less 1.5 tanks of fuel and about 5 hours... drive in a mix of twisty mountain roads, motorways (170 km) and normal roads!

The jurney can allow us to split half way and head back to geneva (or else).

I think for a trip is a good one!

see if this works... itinerary (http://www.mappy.com/mappyme/route?data_id=618D6A48-1DE0-4AF0-8060-757BA30049CE)

RussianM3_dude
September 23rd, 2007, 06:15
Sounds interesting, but I'd probably join up in Valais. I don't feel like going to Geneva and back for nothing.

MR USER
September 24th, 2007, 09:08
Tha is up to you!!! and i see no problem with that! I thought you were in geneva as well! that's all!

Ti-Mike
September 24th, 2007, 12:39
i would join the group, if:
1. i would be accepted as a R8 driver, but ex RS4B7 driver.
2. if the date suit's my schedule.

6 or 7 Oct would be nice

MR USER
September 24th, 2007, 15:39
Ti-Mike,
it would be fantastic if you could join us!!! after all we would have the same engine!!!!
You got a fantastic car.... I had the chance to play with with Audi on the nurburgring back in April and I really loved it!!!

We were thinking to do it on the week end after the one you mention... 13/14 of October...

Will that suit you?

You could join half way if you come through Italy or you can have some fun on the neufenen pass if you come through swiss roads to martigny...

Ti-Mike
September 24th, 2007, 16:26
As long as it's not raining , I just mounted a set of semi slicks on the R.
If there is no snow on the nufenen pass I will take thsi road.

MR USER
September 25th, 2007, 08:40
I've seen them on your tread... they look sexy!!!

Juliencor
September 25th, 2007, 14:42
Hello guys,

would you fancy a cab with you? I could come on the 14th.

The picture would be nice, 4 doors, 5 doors, cab and R8 ;-)

Julien

MR USER
September 25th, 2007, 17:02
What do you mean exactly by cab?

Juliencor
September 25th, 2007, 17:43
RS4 convertible, I don't drive a taxi :)

LU-RS6
September 25th, 2007, 17:46
:applause::applause::bow::bow:

Need I say more?

RS4B7
September 25th, 2007, 17:47
Where you want to do it , Genova ?I need to be in Fribourg on the 15 , so i could combine it.

RussianM3_dude
September 26th, 2007, 09:22
Just found out that 13-14-15 is not good for me. Family time/vacation. However I am game the week-end before or after.

MR USER
September 26th, 2007, 15:32
Where you want to do it , Genova ?I need to be in Fribourg on the 15 , so i could combine it.

Not Genova (in italy) but Geneva (switzerland!!!)

MR USER
September 26th, 2007, 15:34
RS4 convertible, I don't drive a taxi :)

OF course you can come with your taxi!!!

THre is a guy that drives around geneva with a black cab, like the ones they use in london... I thought it could have been you!!!

RussianM3_dude
September 26th, 2007, 15:51
Well, Saturday the 6th I'm out too. It's the Maser Gransport presentation in Valais.

RussianM3_dude
September 26th, 2007, 19:44
Actually, how about something less ambitious? Maybe meet up in some hotel in Valais, take some pics and head home????

Finalmix
September 29th, 2007, 23:36
As for cars in Geneva, I never saw so many Ferarris, lambos, maserratis (sp?), aston martins, porches etc. in one place. I had a Cayman S when I was there and I was almost embarassed to take it on the road. :blush:
Come to Miami, FL and then maybe you'll think twice about where the most are, lol.

MR USER
October 1st, 2007, 17:33
I would propose to meet on Saturday 13th of cotober for our drive.
For the ones meeting in Geneva... as for the last time we could meet in front of AMAG Montbillant (Audi dealer) in Rue Montbrillant.

For the guys joinnig in Vallais I would propose to meet at the petrol station after the roundabout in Martigny (From the motorway in Martigny take direction G. St. Bernard, pass the roundabout and stop on the petrolstation on your right).

If anyone in Italy want to join us I would propose to either meet us Chamonix to drive on the Colle du G. St. Bernard or in Aosta for Lunch and the afternoon drive through the Small St. Bernand...

Let me have your feedback on dated and your porposals for the times... Depending on how many of us will join I will try to contact some local friends to find a nice restaurant to eat something very good!!! If any of you have special needs then PM so we can find good alternatives!

Webbah, LU, FAB... RS4B7, Ti-Mike and all the others are you ok with these first draft...?

RussianM3_dude
October 1st, 2007, 17:47
In principle yes. It's a 50/50 chance I might have to fly to Italy though.

LU-RS6
October 1st, 2007, 21:47
I would propose to meet on Saturday 13th of cotober for our drive.
For the ones meeting in Geneva... as for the last time we could meet in front of AMAG Montbillant (Audi dealer) in Rue Montbrillant.

For the guys joinnig in Vallais I would propose to meet at the petrol station after the roundabout in Martigny (From the motorway in Martigny take direction G. St. Bernard, pass the roundabout and stop on the petrolstation on your right).

If anyone in Italy want to join us I would propose to either meet us Chamonix to drive on the Colle du G. St. Bernard or in Aosta for Lunch and the afternoon drive through the Small St. Bernand...

Let me have your feedback on dated and your porposals for the times... Depending on how many of us will join I will try to contact some local friends to find a nice restaurant to eat something very good!!! If any of you have special needs then PM so we can find good alternatives!

Webbah, LU, FAB... RS4B7, Ti-Mike and all the others are you ok with these first draft...?

I am OK with this. :thumb:

Let's start a quote / unquote list.

LU-RS6
October 1st, 2007, 21:50
Quote and unquote!

RSunday
13 October

Joining in Geneva (AMAG Montbillant)

MR USER
LU-RS6

Joining in Vallais (Martigny)

Ti-Mike
October 2nd, 2007, 06:01
If the weather will be ok , no rain or snow on the passes i'll be there as well

MR USER
October 2nd, 2007, 09:11
A friend of mine from Stuttgart will join us... with an RS4.. He is registerd ad RS Junkie I guess...

R8_Junkie
October 2nd, 2007, 15:35
Hello to all RS4 mad ass junkies,

quite obviously some of you will be loosing their license on the 13th of October (Saturday), others will loose their well worked for RS4 in a hairpin curve and others like Mr. User will loose it completely anyways.

As I am not doing this stuff for the first time we need to apply certain rules such as that there will be a group of 2-3 nutters travelling the track at normal speed of lets say >160km/h for 3-5 km together to check out the radar- situation. When beeing called due to no incoming traffic and no radars then 2 others will kick in for the first section. When surviving they will be checking the next section, and so on and so forth...

When everybody is gone through these sections it will be me who is going last, leaving me a good 20km to go nuts on all 4-5 checked sections.

When we do this we need walkie- talkies that I will bring along! Let me know how many take place as I only have 8 available!

To all nutcases in da house! I am looking forward to this weekend, hoping that some RS4 require an entire set of new tires to get home!

LU-RS6
October 2nd, 2007, 23:28
I like your style :applause:

MR USER
October 3rd, 2007, 10:53
R8 Nutcase... what you are talking about is illegal. We have no intention of braking any law. This is just a showoff cruise on entertainig roads with highly entertainig vehicles. In other words we will cruse to a restaurant and back... No law will be broken...

But the attitude and spirit are there.... Me feelin it

RussianM3_dude
October 3rd, 2007, 11:20
I like R8_Junkie style (ze crazy Jerman) however it is unwise to post such things on a public forum. Not for any moral reasons.... Because cops can be reading it and walkie-talkies + nutters + fast cars = massive police presence. Things like this should be discussed by PM only. I was actually going to propose that all future routes are in fact not communicated publically at all, but only by PM.

R8_Junkie
October 4th, 2007, 07:25
Ok people, I suggest no paranoia, no walkie talkies and some grannies on the passenger seat. Anyways, wether we will kick it or smoothly cruise along, I do not mind, as long as I am living a passion with like- minded people. Easy.

MR USER
October 4th, 2007, 08:30
I like R8_Junkie style (ze crazy Jerman) however it is unwise to post such things on a public forum. Not for any moral reasons.... Because cops can be reading it and walkie-talkies + nutters + fast cars = massive police presence. Things like this should be discussed by PM only. I was actually going to propose that all future routes are in fact not communicated publically at all, but only by PM.

Exxxxxaaaaacccctttttttllllllllyyyyyyy

MR USER
October 4th, 2007, 08:37
Ok people, I suggest no paranoia, no walkie talkies and some grannies on the passenger seat. Anyways, wether we will kick it or smoothly cruise along, I do not mind, as long as I am living a passion with like- minded people. Easy.

Mr R8 Junky... I've got a surprise for you in the closet...

Please bring your grandma along with you... I will pick up mine on the way!!!
Else as a diguise you could put an old sofa on the roof and fill the car with plastic bags... No one will suspect you are a nutcase driver with such camouflage!!!

TO ALL OF YOU COMINIG... I have a camera mount for seats with headrest. it does not fit on the bucket ones... I will bring it along for you to film...
In case any of you has an extra mount that goes with suction or that can work in my car I will be glad to borrow it!!!

LU-RS6
October 4th, 2007, 10:33
I also have a headrest cam mount. Hopefully I won't be too lazy again to load up my gear and everything :doh:

roadrunner
October 4th, 2007, 10:44
now that is the spirit - for all of us poor soles, that cannot join you for various reasons:

RSunday movietime :thumb: :dig:

Keept the camera rollin' and the mikes right next to the exhaust pipe :cheers:

Have fun, and do not dare to come back here without a decent report ;)

Greetings
seb.

MR USER
October 4th, 2007, 13:45
Sir, Yes Sir

RussianM3_dude
October 4th, 2007, 14:56
In view of my possible participation, I am having the exhaust vacuum tubes disconnected tomorrow.

MR USER
October 4th, 2007, 15:07
NIIIICE ONE! loudness will have a new meaning!

Juliencor
October 4th, 2007, 15:50
As mentioned previously I could only on the 14th... shame...

Hope to meet you next time ;)

rgds, Julien

RussianM3_dude
October 4th, 2007, 16:05
How many members of this forum live in Switzerland???

LU-RS6
October 4th, 2007, 16:29
525 RS6 MTM horses waiting to be unleashed.

So how many drivers are joining now?

I'm counting 5?

MR USER
October 4th, 2007, 16:50
It is going to be between 4 and 9 cars...

Still wating for the response of Webbah and Fab

cit1991
October 5th, 2007, 04:30
Drat. If it were 21 Oct, I could go too. Picking up RS4 in Ingolstadt for Euro Delivery on 15th. I have a week with it before I have to head out.

Webbah
October 8th, 2007, 16:47
Crap, Saturdays are kind of tough for me. That is why I prefer Sundays (besides what else is there to do in Switzerland on a Sunday?) ;)

I don't think I can make it on Saturday guys...

It is going to be between 4 and 9 cars...

Still wating for the response of Webbah and Fab

RussianM3_dude
October 8th, 2007, 19:43
Ok, I am game for Saturday. Sign me up chief. I am bringing my aviator shades, best of Eurotrash dance of the 90's CD and my pimp hand. Gotta show everybody what's up.

Where is the meet up place in Martigny????

LU-RS6
October 8th, 2007, 22:23
Crap, Saturdays are kind of tough for me. That is why I prefer Sundays (besides what else is there to do in Switzerland on a Sunday?) ;)

I don't think I can make it on Saturday guys...

You don't think you can make it, but by saying that you are not excluding entirely the possibility of still being able to come :D

Fab
October 9th, 2007, 07:04
Sorry guys but I will not be with you this time. Have a nice time and looking forward to getting nice pics and vids :dig:

Ciao

Fab

MR USER
October 9th, 2007, 14:43
Should we postpone it of one week to allow more people to join?

RussianM3_dude
October 9th, 2007, 16:08
Not a problem... However what if there is snowfall on the passes???

MR USER
October 9th, 2007, 16:27
We take the tunnels in 1st gear and 8000 rev to provoke avalances!!!

LU-RS6
October 9th, 2007, 17:19
Should we postpone it of one week to allow more people to join?

For me it's not a problem, as long you can tell me before Friday noon :)

RussianM3_dude
October 9th, 2007, 21:39
So lets decide ASAP, If not we can just maybe meet up for photos at AMAG (I have to be in Geneva anyways) and do the cruise a week after.

cit1991
October 10th, 2007, 05:55
If you do move it to 20/21, you don't mind if a yank shows up do you?

RussianM3_dude
October 10th, 2007, 08:21
Of course we mind.......

Juuuuuuuust kidding!!!!!

MR USER
October 10th, 2007, 10:10
Pk let us say next Sunday then... the 21st of October....

I'm studying alterantive routes in case the passes are closed...

RussianM3_dude
October 10th, 2007, 10:36
Don't freaking reveal them on the forum though. P.M. only.

I am 90% sure I can make it next Sunday. So it's all good.

ESS4
October 11th, 2007, 15:57
If my RS4 is back from Sportec:mech: , I could also come.....wait and see!!

@RussianM3_dude : Thanks for the PM ;)

LU-RS6
October 11th, 2007, 17:31
Goddamn not a single other RS6 from Switzerland joining or what?

Ah well Ti-Mike will make up with his R8 I suppose.

Still, I hope at least one other RS6 will join!

Ti-Mike
October 13th, 2007, 06:05
can't come because there is a trackday day in Adria, and the cool thing about the trackday in Adria, is that the track is open till 22:00 in the evening.

I tell you nothing more fun then between 17:00 and 22;00 on a track.

I someone would like to come i will be there. guess as well on Saturday, they have very nice Rooms on the track

MR USER
October 19th, 2007, 07:32
Thanks for the invitation TI, i'll be racing there in 2 weeks... and I do not like to track my car... to much wearing!!!

RussianM3_dude
October 20th, 2007, 13:40
I am going to be in Geneva tonight. Anybody wants to go for a drink? (I am probably going to the Russian party in Krystal afterwars.)

RussianM3_dude
November 5th, 2007, 13:57
A good friend of mine, DJ Sputnik is playing in Club Krystal in Geneva on December the 8th. (some kind of Russian party, but it's not 100% Ivan more like 50/50) As his promoter, I'll be there, so if any RS6 members want me to put them on the guest-list, let me know.