PDA

View Full Version : Ordering New RS-4

WEEDER
March 4th, 2007, 05:11
Hey Guys
I am new to this forum, and I am hopping that you guys can help. I am going to order a RS-4 this week and I was wondering what color I should order plus what options I should get. I hope you guys can help I am new to this forum. :rs4kiss:

sleepera8
March 4th, 2007, 06:21
where are you? colorado or europe?

WEEDER
March 4th, 2007, 06:37
Denver Colorado

OzRS4
March 4th, 2007, 07:57
Hi Weeder,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the right choice buying the RS4.

I'm in Australia so option package is different, but I say sunroof is a must unless you intend to use it mainly for track racing as it adds a few bit of weight. Sat Nav is useful. Ceramic brake is awesome for tracks but cost is high for any real benefit on public roads.

Color is really a personal taste. I ordered phantom black becasue I like dark color and the other choice was Daytona grey but I think it will date quickly. Black is also easier to sell (IMO). If you like to be noticed, sprint blue is beautiful. Yellow would be my second choice for bright color.

But whatever you choose, the RS4 will still be great car. Don't delay your order as I am told production of the RS4 B7 will cease in April. I am still waiting for mine which I ordered in November last year...expecting delivery in early April. Good luck and let the wait begins...:rs4kiss:

Ruergard
March 4th, 2007, 09:47
Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place! :thumb:

For me, SS+, Satnav, bucket seats and black optics is the way to go. Bose sound ofcourse. Avant... Maybe a nice colour inside, seats.. stiching. Pretty cool imo.

Colour I'm not sure about, but Daytona Grey lays close to my hearth, but also red... Choose what you think look best, it won't matter. It looks awesome any any colour! :rs4addict

You might wan't to search the RS4 part of the board. You will find a couple of threads! :)

Leadfoot
March 4th, 2007, 10:59
Has anyone else seen the RS4 in silver. I saw one the other day and it looks incredible, made the front bumper and sills really pop out at you, though the mirror don't stand out like in other colour, but after seeing it it would be my choice in a heart beat.:love:

Ricoloco
March 4th, 2007, 12:21
If you are in the US, you can forget ordering the Avant. Forget Bucketseats, SS+ and the original RS4 steeringwheel. Sad but true.

I ordered my Avant the 23 of November, pickup TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! :incar: :wo: :dig:

wild-rs4-man
March 4th, 2007, 14:57
sprint blue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,,, the only choice ,,,,,

BigRick
March 4th, 2007, 15:57
Hi Weeder,

Welcome to the forum. As sad as it is North Americans don't get all the nice options other have but you can still choose some details.

Premium package I think is a must.
You get nav system, adaptative lights interior/exterior dimming mirror better sound system and homelink (I might have miss some btut hese are the major)

Then you get the sunroof or not.
I don't like the sunroof (more weight and I can't fit with my helmet properly). If you intend to track a bit make sure you test that :)

And the color
I ordered mugello blue and got Avus silver... (long story short, the silver came first and the other guy droped his order) I'm now really glad I switched to silver. :love:
To help you can have a look here: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11034

The only color I wouldn't go for is red with silver optics. I'm not sure the optics options are available in North America (it's worth checking as black optics are really nice)

I hope this helps,

Cheers

SuperstarDriver
March 4th, 2007, 19:42
i think the best colour in the world for exterior is white (perfekt weiss) and for interior is white in the middle of the chairs and black on side of the chairs and console...and put some recarso seats, plus voltaic cell trap and also those super big and powerfull ceramic brakes...380mm by 34 diameter!that's a hot car...believe me...congrats on your choise man!

AuditudeA642
March 4th, 2007, 20:07
Muegllo Blue White Interior Carbon Fiber RNS-E Nav.

bober3
March 4th, 2007, 22:41
misano red, black interior and full equip for the exclusivity but that my opignion

Bimmerod
March 5th, 2007, 07:16
Imola Yellow, Black Interior, Prem Pkg, Black Optics Pkg

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10602

Bimmerod
:rs4addict

brad
March 5th, 2007, 11:25
Hi Weeder (?),

Maybe I'm biased :-), but Daytona Grey is the colour to go for. The attached picture is of mine which is Daytona Grey with a black interior. The only thing with the darker colours is that they show up dirt really quickly. This is especially true of the black which within hours (literally) of washing it, you will see small marks. You might think its worth it for the look (which is pretty special), but I prefer a little less maintenance. I wouldn't go for the wood or aluminium interior highlights, I think they look cheesy. The carbon fibre is colour neutral (ie it goes with all interior colours) and looks great.

I've no idea what options are available in the States, but the following is standard in Australia, and I think you should go for all of them (if price fits, if not I've listed them in order of priority):

- 19 inch wheels
- the adaptive suspension thingy (much less body roll on corners)
- Recaro front seats and rs4 steering wheel (I know these are not available in the states - shame)
- 10 speaker bose sound system
- sat nav
- park distance control front and rear
- adaptive lights (go round corners)
- rain sensor + sensor headlights

I also went for an optional sunroof which I think is essential - think more exposure to that beautiful screaming V8 sound (oh yeah, also it lets sun in when its a nice day).

Bluetooth phone is not available in Aus due to the RS4 steering wheel so we are reduced to after market options. With the US steering wheel you can get it fitted and I would (I think we can downgrade our steering wheel and get it here too, but I'll speak to you when I'm done driving thank you very much).

I would definitely avoid double glazing as it insulates you from the engine noise. Why would anyone want to do that?

Here we also have the option for a solar sunroof which keeps a fan running on hot days to keep your car cool when its in the sun. Don't know anyone with this but if it works well would be useful for a hot climate like we have.

Whatever options and colours you choose, you will love your car!

Brad

OzRS4
March 5th, 2007, 11:35
Bluetooth phone is not available in Aus due to the RS4 steering wheel so we are reduced to after market options. With the US steering wheel you can get it fitted and I would (I think we can downgrade our steering wheel and get it here too, but I'll speak to you when I'm done driving thank you very much).
Brad

Hi Brad,
Just thought you might like to know that you can retro-fit the Audi OEM bluetooth module and still keep the RS steering wheel. I'm getting mine fitted as soon as I get it delivered. You don't need the multi-functional (ugly) steering wheel to control the phone use.

brad
March 5th, 2007, 11:57
Hi Brad,
Just thought you might like to know that you can retro-fit the Audi OEM bluetooth module and still keep the RS steering wheel. I'm getting mine fitted as soon as I get it delivered. You don't need the multi-functional (ugly) steering wheel to control the phone use.

Didn't know that. What does it cost?

rs4some
March 5th, 2007, 11:59
Brad, just wondering what you managed to pick your RS4 up for drive away?

OzRS4
March 5th, 2007, 12:04
Didn't know that. What does it cost?

Simon Brown in Sydney can supply and install for $1350, about the same as the dealer cost. There is a contact in Melbourne I got from the Navplus forum - Alister Bell (BellAlister@hotmail.com; VAG-COM; RNS-Es and http://www.rs6.com/forum/images/smiles/bt.gif modules in B6 and B7 A4s/S4s (including double din conversions) ) . Give him a call if you're interested.

Cheers.

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:15
Brad, just wondering what you managed to pick your RS4 up for drive away?

Hi rs4some,

That would be telling! :-)

All I can suggest is that you shop around (go outside your home state if you need to). There are some dealers with RS4's sitting in showrooms that will be willing to negotiate more than those who have to order them in.

In any case, any discount you get is going to be very small as a percentage of the overall cost of the car. I personally don't think its worth devoting too much energy/effort to, but thats just me.

Brad