PDA

View Full Version : The wait is over

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 15:13
Hi everybody,

Finally picked up my RS6 at the daeler yesterday and drove it home (400 km......way too short a drive !!)
First impression: woooowwwwwww !!!!!!!
great exhaust tone (rumble), effortless accelation (kind of like an airplane at take-off), quiet (double-pane windows), amazingly stable at high speeds (the speed limiter tested out to set in at about 280 km/h), high class interior.............overall. I was very impressed.
The only thing I was a bit disappointed about (but prepared for by this forum) was the breaking performance. Not bad overall, but not overwhelming either considering the 8-piston calipers. There´s no hiding the weight of the RS6.
But what the hell.....I would have been enjoying pushing the other pedal much more any way:hihi:

A few pics from my arrival back home to finish the first impressions:

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 15:15
from the back

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 15:17
Side view:

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 15:18
and interior:

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 15:19
more interior:

JP4
May 3rd, 2003, 15:31
Originally posted by Alex K
and interior:

Beautiful car! I'm very envious. I really like your choice of interior colors. The aluminum trim pieces along with the carbon fiber and the black/silver combo are great IMHO.

Ejoy...and keep the shiney side up! ;-)

JP4

krabu
May 3rd, 2003, 15:51
Alex, you have a seriously good taste. :cheers: :D
A very fine :addict: hope you will enjoy it. :)

Erik
May 3rd, 2003, 16:06
Alex,

Having seen a lot of RS 6 since its release I'm happy to see that I still can be surprised by its looks. :cool2: http://rejsa.nu/forum/images/smiles/worship.gif

It's nice to see that you've individualised it. Very nice color and trim. http://rejsa.nu/forum/images/smiles/heart.gif

Who will be the first to get white carbon fibre trim? I'm sure it's possible...

jfrocke
May 3rd, 2003, 16:15
What color is this? Doesn't look like the "stock" red.

Alex K
May 3rd, 2003, 19:41
Hi jfrocke,

The color is indeed not stock but an individual option (2000 €) and is calles "Siena Red II metallic", a 2002 BMW color that was available for Z3s

Have to go.......need to generate a few more smiles on my face !!

P.S.: The attached picture does the color a little more justice.....

iconcls
May 3rd, 2003, 19:57
AOA will do custom colors from the Audi color palette for a RS 6 for $3000 US.

krm
May 4th, 2003, 00:30
Congrats Alex, good to read that you are now finally enjoying the car after the wait. Stunning color! :blush:

:cheers:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 4th, 2003, 16:07
Nice ride! Congrats! I wish someone could order me a set of the aluminum trim pieces. I would like to put them in my sedan when it arrives. Anyone care to check on pricing on that for me?

Fru-T

scoop
May 4th, 2003, 22:32
Alex K: Did you explicitely order the carbon parts in the middle along with the aluminum trim? I have aluminum in mine but they put ordinary plastic in the places where you have carbon (which obviously doesn't look half as cheap).

Thanks.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 4th, 2003, 22:41
I can't order the aluminum trim whatsoever. We don't have it as an option here in the States. I already checked by trying to "special order" it. I did order the carbon fiber, though I would prefer all aluminum trim as I have in S4 Avant. Especially with the aluminum mirrors we are getting.

Fru-T

Alex K
May 4th, 2003, 23:11
scoop,

I did not order the aluminum and carbon combo as such but as my car was built 5 weeks prior to delivery I asked the dealer to send me some pics so I could drool over them for the period of time I had to wait.
When I saw the awsome aluminum trim in combination with plain plastic on the console, I phoned/complained to the dealer and asked him to inquire about aluminum in those places.
quattro said they couldn´t do it but offered to send the standard carbon pieces which the dealer installed (foc) prior to delivery.
Maybe you should go back to dealer too and ask for the same service. At least it won´t hurt to ask.

nene
May 5th, 2003, 18:16
mucho gorgeous!!!

AudiTumbo
May 5th, 2003, 19:12
Beautiful!

bonte
May 5th, 2003, 19:37
that's the besty interior i've seen!

as the ouside color... great, but have you considered LeMans blue or Carbon Black ? also both BMW

Dave
May 5th, 2003, 20:14
Alex,

lovely car mate.. I can see that you thought long and hard about the options and I think the interior (and exterior!) are fantastic. I must say that the black with carbon in mine is a little sombre.

You must go out and get it chipped (someone like Abt who I used or MTM, whoever).. it makes such a big difference to driveability and makes the car so much more responsive (not that it is by any means bad to start with!)

All the very best.. and what a top colour!
Dave

Alex K
May 6th, 2003, 07:44
Thanks everybody for the positive responses regarding the color and trim choices on my RS6.

bonte: haven´t considered blue or black because I was in market for some special red (driven by my wife´s preferences)

Dave: I am sure you can get the aluminum trim retro-fitted easily. Based on what my dealer told me, the job should not be too difficult. Based on the premium for this option from the factory (550 €), I would assume that these parts should be available at a similar price over the counter.

Benman
May 7th, 2003, 16:01
alex k,

it's great to see another member finally able to enjoy his RS6
:cheers:

ben:addict:

scoop
May 7th, 2003, 16:07
Just for the records. I ordered the replacement carbon parts for the console. It's about EUR 200,- - just about the price of the carbon paddles :P

I'll report back once the parts have been replaced.

avdh
May 10th, 2003, 10:55
Congrats!
Stunning outside colour and the inside is gorgeous