PDA

View Full Version : Onstar (Again....)

mw109c
March 1st, 2007, 07:46
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered already (probably more than once...), but is the Onstar system in the RS6 analog-only? If so, has anyone upgraded that system to something more useful? Mine still works (green light), but that likely won't matter in nine months.

Thanks,

- Mike

s42ski
March 1st, 2007, 17:23
It is analog only and not upgradable ( at least not easily - anything can be done with enough time and money)

LIRS6
March 1st, 2007, 21:07
I just got my notifcation from OnStar of cessation of service as of Dec 31, 2007, due to the analog system on our cars

Por356
March 1st, 2007, 23:41
According to my dealer, who is working on my OnStar at this time, Audi has sent out a notice they are working on an upgrade.

SoCal
March 2nd, 2007, 06:14
I just got my notifcation from OnStar of cessation of service as of Dec 31, 2007, due to the analog system on our cars

So did I. Not that it really matters.

Hy Octane
March 2nd, 2007, 16:25
I have spoken to OnStar tech support and they confirm that Audi and OnStar will part ways on Dec 31st. There are no upgrades in the works.

DetailersDomain
March 4th, 2007, 04:54
you can upgrade your headunit to the Navplus RSN-E, then use the onstar harness to upgrade to the bluetooth module for the RSN-E.

This is a great upgrade and its useful!

As well I took out the onstar controls and switched to back to the stock one, this is one trick upgrade and its all factory parts!

:0:

got boost
March 21st, 2007, 12:21
you can upgrade your headunit to the Navplus RSN-E, then use the onstar harness to upgrade to the bluetooth module for the RSN-E.

This is a great upgrade and its useful!

As well I took out the onstar controls and switched to back to the stock one, this is one trick upgrade and its all factory parts!

:0:

So this is possible. Will you be able to use "Onstar" as a service or only be able to use a phone.