PDA

View Full Version : Audi S5 and RS4 engine.

Iceman
February 25th, 2007, 15:34
I wonder what are the difference between the S5 354 hp 4.2 V8 FSI engine and the RS4 420 hp V8 FSI engine.
The new S5 engine have 440 Nm of torque and the RS4 engine only 430 Nm of torque.
Is it possible to tune this new S5 engine to 8250 rpm and 432 hp.
Or are there more changes made to the RS4 engine to get 420 hp out of it.

Hans.

rqiu
February 25th, 2007, 16:21
The S5 engine is the same V8 that is used in the Q7. I am not sure whether there is any additional changes made to it compared to the RS4 engine, besides tuning. My guess is there is none.

Iceman
February 27th, 2007, 05:18
Sorry to disappoint you,
there is hell lot of differences!

It is the same as with the 1.8T with 150bhp it isnt the same engine used for the S3 just because it got the same displacement!
I guess it was heavily modified.
I had that idea, but was not sure.
380 hp must be possible though.

Hans.

Leadfoot
February 27th, 2007, 16:39
rqui is some likely correct that the S5 is one and the same engine as that of the Q7 with little tweaks here and there and a differing manifold and exhaust.

Toto89
February 27th, 2007, 16:43
I think the V8 in the S5 with "only" 350hp is a bit disappointing, how they can wish to be faster than M3 with this??? In my opinion a RS5 is not really needed but a proper S5 is it!

Leadfoot
February 27th, 2007, 17:09
I think the V8 in the S5 with "only" 350hp is a bit disappointing, how they can wish to be faster than M3 with this??? In my opinion a RS5 is not really needed but a proper S5 is it!

I agree but you really have to think of the S5 as more of a 335i Coupe in M/Sport form with a little more bite. This leave room for a RS5 to really go after the M3 as the all-out supercoupe.:D

Ruergard
February 27th, 2007, 18:03
I agree but you really have to think of the S5 as more of a 335i Coupe in M/Sport form with a little more bite. This leave room for a RS5 to really go after the M3 as the all-out supercoupe.:D

"go after..."

Just a little correction... throw some dust on the M3 is what it should do! :dig:

SuperstarDriver
March 6th, 2007, 07:56
RS5 will not throw some dust on the new M3 it will blow the windows off M3 and left him alone in the middle of nowhere and carry his humiliation to the world:))

rs-6
March 15th, 2007, 17:59
when may we expect an automatic transmition in the S5? I'm quite interested in one..
greetings

Damienr8
March 15th, 2007, 21:02
RS5 will not throw some dust on the new M3 it will blow the windows off M3 and left him alone in the middle of nowhere and carry his humiliation to the world:))

ROFL, Superstar you have the best comments ever. :jlol:

I hope it dosen't take till the end of the A5's lifecycle to be introduced.

Leadfoot
March 16th, 2007, 11:52
when may we expect an automatic transmition in the S5? I'm quite interested in one..
greetings

Gut feeling is the new S-Tronic gearbox will be seen for the first when the new A4 is released spring '08. They need to hold something back for that launch and I reckon the gearbox will be that thing.

The surprise is no word on the originally talked about trick suspension that the A5 was to be offering as an option. It's obvious that the newly developed quattro system with LSDs front and rear haven't made it into the new A5 and it's doubtful that it will be in the A4 either. It is meant to be very expensive so might be kept for the most powerful and expensive models in the brand, namely the RS models. If so then the next RS5/4 will be unbelievable in the handling department.

Finnus
March 16th, 2007, 14:51
newly developed quattro system with LSDs front and rear

Leadfoot, can you tell me more about this?

Finnus

Damienr8
March 16th, 2007, 15:12
Leadfoot, can you tell me more about this?

Finnus

+1 Where can I find some more information on this new quattro.

Leadfoot
March 16th, 2007, 23:56
+1 Where can I find some more information on this new quattro.

This new system was discussed about 2~3weeks ago.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87522&postcount=1

Hope this help.:0:

rqiu
March 17th, 2007, 20:38
It's obvious that the newly developed quattro system with LSDs front and rear haven't made it into the new A5 and it's doubtful that it will be in the A4 either. It is meant to be very expensive so might be kept for the most powerful and expensive models in the brand, namely the RS models. If so then the next RS5/4 will be unbelievable in the handling department.

I will be really disappointed if they don't put in on the S models.