PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Fever

rs6marc
February 25th, 2007, 01:13
Hello,

I am new to the boards. Since my wife's purchase of the S4 i've been hooked on Audi. After some research I've been looking to purchase the 2004 RS6, however I haven't had any luck finding anything up here in Canada. It's great to read the boards and I look forward to being part of all the discussions.

Seems like a great site, i'll keep you guys posted during my search.

- marc

ruxprncd
February 25th, 2007, 01:47
Excellent choice Marc. Good luck in your search. Lots of great info on this site so you know what to look for when buying.

rs6marc
February 25th, 2007, 15:21
It's not long after joining I've found a RS6 for sale in Canada, actually in the same city I live in. It's at a bwm dealer, priced at $90000cdn about 20000 miles on the car, year 2004. Seems priced high to me, again due to the limited numbers i'm sure.

What do you guys think, about that price?

- marc

ruxprncd
February 25th, 2007, 21:32
That translates to about $77,000US. It seems high, even considering the rarity (didn't you say only 90 RS6 in Canada?). I assume it isn't certified, since it's at a BMW dealer, but on the plus side should have about a year on OEM warranty (?). I guesstimate a US equivalent would sell for mid $50,000US range.

LIRS6
February 26th, 2007, 19:18
Can you import a U.S. car, or do they not meet Canadian specs (safety, whatever)?

rs6marc
February 27th, 2007, 02:55
You cannot import the US version of the RS6 into Canada. I have read it's due to the anchorage of the seatbelts or something along those lines.

It's a shame, it's seems there are many fantastic RS6 cars in the states for sale.

Benman
February 27th, 2007, 15:54
That translates to about $77,000US. It seems high...

Ditto. I'd keep looking as that price is very high indeed! Importing the US RS 6 will be cheaper in "fees" than buying one up there! If you only have to deal with seatbelts and the like.

Otherwise, keep searching and be patient, you'll find a nice one for a good price. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Avus-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 17:06
Are the RS6's in Canada Avant or Sedan?

rs6marc
February 28th, 2007, 03:46
2004 RS6 Sedan

:cheers:

RS6.CA
March 3rd, 2007, 17:00
Unfortunately there is only 4 in Alberta, that's the reason for the high price. There is one for sale in Ontario - Hamilton Volkswagen - mileage 60k - check it out. Keep trying.
Once the warranty is off maybe some will come on the market locally. However it is such a spectacular car I'm willing to take it past its warranty period. That’s because I can’t find anyone who wants to provide extended warranty.
:thumb:

rs6marc
March 3rd, 2007, 21:42
The car your speaking of in Ontario has been sold, about three weeks ago. Audi Canada is just very slow to update there site.

Bigglezworth
March 6th, 2007, 02:20
I am also in Calgary and looking to purchase a used RS6. I have a line on one that is here in Calgary - and it's not the one with the stupid asking price from BMW Calgary.:) I'm enquiring with the RIV to better understand what EXACTLY the transportation board requires for a Canadian released RS6 vs. what exists in the US presently. As mentioned I'm certain that paying the extra to have the car modded to meet the more stringent safety standards here in Canada is substantially less than the exhortibant price dealers like BMW Calgary are desiring for their ride.

Tim

rs6marc
March 8th, 2007, 02:58
Tim,

Nice to meet another Calgary person, good luck with your search. If you find any new info out reguarding the importation of the US RS6 it would be great to know. As in my previous posts i've learned no changes can be made making it impossible to import the RS6 from the States. I have actually started to consider something else. Looking at a 911 4S Carrera widebody, but if I can find a RS6 that isn't 90k I still might go that way.:cheers:

S6LANA
March 8th, 2007, 12:35
I agree with Bigglesworth. You can score an RS6 in the States with that type of mileage for around $50k these days. Don't be like me. I no sooner bought the car than it dropped $14k in price. ROFL....You will love the car though. Better to do the conversion.

bober3
March 8th, 2007, 19:54
that will be a little bit difficult because theyre only 84 rs6 that as been built for canada
so good luck marc

Bigglezworth
May 19th, 2007, 19:23
I now have as close to an "in" as I think I could in aquiring a CDN released RS6. It will be a while however as the current owner plans to still enjoy if for a while until someone manufactures his next "new toy". In the mean time to support my requirement to have a 4 door sedan for improved transportation of my 4&5 year old daughters I've now aquired a 2006 Volvo S60R. Here's hoping I will be in to an RS6 within the next couple of years.

Tim