PDA

View Full Version : Weight distribution

rqiu
February 24th, 2007, 15:09
Engine
The experience begins with a powerful V8 FSI engine, which boldly produces 350hp and 325lb-ft of torque. Meticulous weight-distribution allows the aggressive design to take full advantage of the dynamic engine characteristics.

What are they trying to tell us?

chewym
February 25th, 2007, 08:51
Yes, I noticed that on Audiusa.com. It should definitely be better than before.

Lateknight
February 25th, 2007, 12:26
Engine
The experience begins with a powerful V8 FSI engine, which boldly produces 350hp and 325lb-ft of torque. Meticulous weight-distribution allows the aggressive design to take full advantage of the dynamic engine characteristics.

What are they trying to tell us?

Its manufacturers babble.

Looking at the technical pictures on audi.de, looks like they have managed to get the back pair of cylinders on V6/V8 between the strut tops.

It will have still have most of the engine infront of the axle line (most is better than all)
I think the A5/S5 will drive superbly.
Audi cannot afford to take steps back now.

Leadfoot
February 25th, 2007, 13:40
I reckon the weight distribution will be 56/44 or about 2% better than before based on the RS4. That's assuming that there is a lot of alloy up front and this is based on the fact that it's performance is greatly improved over the S4 for such a small power increase.

Anyway weight distribution is a BMW hang-up, look at the EVO or Subaru both handling amazingly and both put most of their weight over the front axle. To tell you the truth weight distribution is more important for rwd car than fwd or awd.