PDA

View Full Version : Oh man this looks awesome.

Iceman
February 24th, 2007, 10:28
Ok i have change my mind after seeing this black S5 Coupe.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A5-S5-RS5/S5%20Coupe/Exterior/001.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A5-S5-RS5/S5%20Coupe/Exterior/002.jpg

Hans.

Qriouz
February 24th, 2007, 11:02
Looks pretty much the same as the Jaguar XK from behind....

Iceman
February 24th, 2007, 11:40
Looks pretty much the same as the Jaguar XK from behind....
Also a very nice looking car IMHO.

Hans.

markwm
February 24th, 2007, 12:03
I love the back view, but I'm still not really liking the front. It's too rounded, there's no front lip

Iceman
February 24th, 2007, 12:10
The S5 front looks 10x better then the A5 front imho.

Hans.

Ruergard
February 24th, 2007, 12:21
Love it, absolutely love it! :love:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2070224.001/audi/all-new-audi-s5-a5-revealed

rqiu
February 24th, 2007, 13:35
Ok i have change my mind after seeing this black S5 Coupe.

Hans.

Hans,

I know you are gonna change your mind. :lovl:

Leadfoot
February 24th, 2007, 13:37
The thing I like about this new S5 is that finally Audi have given the S model some balls in the looks department unlike my S4 which looks like an ordinary A4 with a different grille and that's it.

It does look like Audi are on a roll with the new range of cars.

rqiu
February 24th, 2007, 14:45
I like this pic. Awesome! :thumb:

http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/aoa/product/s5my08/crops/exterior.Par.0257.Image.jpg

And this

http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/aoa/product/s5my08/crops/exterior.Par.0258.Image.jpg

Benman
February 26th, 2007, 16:53
Black or any other color for that matter still has a ton of Bangle influence. I'm not so easily swayed. :D Looks ok.

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
February 26th, 2007, 17:13
Ben,

It the way forward for Audi this new design language, you will have to move with the times my friend.

markwm
February 26th, 2007, 19:51
Look at the lame wheel offset on that last pic, spacers please.

tailpipe
February 26th, 2007, 20:14
Hi Benman,

(Long time no speak, hope you're well!)

I think it is a little unfair to compare Audi's styling to Chris Bangle's BMW botch-job, and I realize that the A5/ S5 has polarized opinion, but I think the look and feel of the A5 has a maturity and sophistication that is entirely missing with the BMW 3-Series coupe.

If anything the look is conservative, especially when compared to the Nuvolari show car that inspired it. I find the curvaceous shoulder line somewhat problematic, because its appeal depends on the angle that you view it from. From some angles it looks strange and very different from what we're used to from Audi. I think this will take some getting used to. i don't hate it, like i do BMW's styling, so i am quite preaprd to learn to love it.

As I've said elsewhere, the looks of this car aren't really that important, so long as it follows Audi's basic formula; which it does. What matters is that darn chassis. I am itching to find out out how it drives.

Although I am sure that a lateral as well as a longitudinal split in the A5's torque will provide serious road-holding credentials, I am hoping that the fundamental physicals of the new platform will be sensationally good. I want the trick stuff to enhance the driving expereince, not compensate for yet another compromised front wheel drive layout that relies heavy AWD to disguise nose heavy dynamics.

I also expect great things of the longitutinally-mounted DSG gearbox, including markedly better fuel economy from the V8 engine.

I am pretty confident that the S5 is going to give the next M3 a lot to worry about, although 350 bhp and more weight versus 400 bhp and less weight, may ultimately result in a Bavarian victory.

Of course, when the RS5 comes along... (probably in 2014, just as the A5 is about to be replaced knowing Audi.)

Which brings me back to my other favourite Audi criticism: why the f**k do they need an S and an RS model? One RS model would suffice, thank you.

Benman
February 26th, 2007, 21:34
Ben,

It the way forward for Audi this new design language, you will have to move with the times my friend.

Nah, I don't have to buy anything I don't want to, I'll stick with what I got. ;) :D

(Long time no speak, hope you're well!)

Yep, all is well! And, out your way?

I'm not trying to be overly critical of the A5/S5's design. But I'd say it is fair to say that we have gotten "used" to seeing the Bangle look in more and more autos (even the new S Class has it) so that when it shows up on our beloved Audis, we are quick to say it is much "better" on the Audis and that the Audis are much more "conservative" in the execution, when in reality, it is simply that time has dulled our senses (sort of like all the violence that we now see on TV whereas our parents generation was shocked and appalled by it, but now it is practically expected! :D).

With time, I feel that Bangle is being proved right. Yes, his designs, in my mind as well, were more "bold", but I really think we have all gotten used to the new "look" of things, and that plays the biggest part of why we are not shocked by Audi taking it on. But to say the A5 does not have a strong Bangle influence is just plain decieving one's self. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
February 26th, 2007, 21:36
Tailpipe,

The RS5 will be along a lot sooner than we think.:hahahehe:

As for the trick torsen quattro, I notice that Audi are being very quite about it, maybe keeping the news for Geneva. But if so I reckon it will be sensational especially with the new steering system, though I hope it doesn't have to much steering feel to spoil the settled feeling Audis have on rough roads which breeds confidence.

I expected the DSG at launch but reckon it will be kept for the A4 launch.

The S5 will be amazing and will beat the M3 as the better all rounder as it always does, but ultimately the Beemer will be the quicker and to some that is all that counts, going by Audi's statement of 5.1 to 100km/h this will equate to a mid 11 seconds to 160km/h where as the M3 will post times of 4.5~4.7 to 100km/h and 10.3~10.6 to 160km.h.

I was under the impression that the new A5 will be lighter than the out going A4 because of the improved performance of the S5 over the S4, 0.5 second is not the be taken lightly. :burnout:

As for the two versions of sportiness I like it and see the use for them. Plus it gives Audi a two pronged assault on the M and AMG models which I reckon ultimately leads to Audi selling more of these models than either of it's competitors.:p

As for the Bangle look, when something new comes out it takes time to get use to, and it's always easier for everything else that comes after. The 7series was hated the 5series not as much and by the 3series people were under the impression that it had less Bangle design in it, but it still there. Now it's in the Mercs and the Audis, do you still think his designs are wrong because they must see it as the future.

Iceman
February 26th, 2007, 21:48
Tailpipe,
The RS5 will be along a lot sooner than we think.:hahahehe:
I don't think so.
Quattro GmbH will end the RS4 production soon and will start with the RS6 production.
The RS5 will start at the moment the RS6 production will end with the introduction of the new A6/S6.

Hans.

Leadfoot
February 26th, 2007, 21:56
Quattro GmbH is a lot bigger now what with the R8 plant and as the RS4 engine is already there I reckon the RS5 will be here is no more than 2 years, mark my words.

There will be no TT-RS so there is the room for another RS at Quattro GmbH.

As with Frederic, I asked my big toe and that's the word.

Iceman
February 26th, 2007, 22:09
Quattro GmbH is a lot bigger now what with the R8 plant and as the RS4 engine is already there I reckon the RS5 will be here is no more than 2 years, mark my words.

There will be no TT-RS so there is the room for another RS at Quattro GmbH.

As with Frederic, I asked my big toe and that's the word.
Don't forget the new B8 RS4.

Hans.

rqiu
February 26th, 2007, 22:27
I guess they will put RS5 at a higher priority than the new B8 RS4.

Der Major
February 27th, 2007, 08:10
I canīt help it but i donīt like the car at all. No matter if itīs the RS 5 or the A5 and no matter from what angle i look at it. B3 Coupe still looks ten times better. Sry.