PDA

View Full Version : Chipped RS6 with Boost Controller

quick500
February 24th, 2007, 05:41
Wondering with a chipped RS6 that now runs 1.0Bar and has a higher boost cut(limp mode) threshold. What sort of added boost can be run that will stay within the turbo efficency range and the capabilties of the fuel factory fuel system?

I was thinking along the lines of 1.2Bar but id like to know the max it can be pushed to for short squirts and the max for everyday driving

:addict:

Cheers

Avus-RS6
February 24th, 2007, 17:25
I think the factory fueling is the limit, and you can probably not run much higher than 1bar before going lean. I know that the higher power MTM kits use a 5 bar FPR and an upgraded fuel pump, likely for a very good reason.

As far as turbo efficiency, I know the B5 S4 guys are getting 450+ wheel HP out of K04/RS6 Hybrid turbos on pump fuel. Most use larger IC's or even a FMIC, but I think those power levels are within the efficiency range of the turbos.

You could test it out on stock fueling and turbos, and slowly turn up the boost via a manual boost controller, while logging AFR, timing, EGT, injector duty cycle, and whatever else is relevant using ECU-X from APR.

Whatever you do, please keep us posted, sounds like you have a moster in the works.

quick500
February 25th, 2007, 09:06
I doubt that 1bar will be limit of the fuel system on the RS6. I wil try 1.2bar and keep track of the engine on VAG-COM will update as soon as I know

Avus-RS6
February 25th, 2007, 20:54
I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Avus-RS6
March 17th, 2007, 07:15
Quick500, what happened when you ran 1.2 bar in your RS6? Also, you have email.

Jason