PDA

View Full Version : Cellular phone integration

jfrocke
April 30th, 2003, 18:19
My dealer tells me that there is a Motorola phone option for the RS6, but it is quite expensive. He doesn't know what level of "ingegration" it will have with the RS6, but he speaks highly of it in other Audi models.

Does anyone in the USA have this option in another Audi model? I'm wondering how it integrates with the car. It is quite an expensive option (around $1000) so I would only spend the money if it really offers some features not available with a simple hands-free phone kit (muting the radio, using the car's speakers, etc).

jconley
April 30th, 2003, 18:26
In my A6, I have a Sony-Ericsson kit that I installed- It was pretty easy. It mutes the stereo, and uses the speakers to broadcast. The only think I couldn't do was use the built in microphone, but I put the one that came with the kit in the same lcoation (sunroof control area)

J

gjg
May 1st, 2003, 03:12
I have this option in S6 - all integrated and as long as you use Motorola hardware you can swap the unit for gsm model (Cingular or whatever it is in US). I believe you get handset and complete kit installed (it may be previred from the factory btw, perhaps someone who already got the car in US can check on it).
gg

BBGT2
May 2nd, 2003, 05:21
It (phone option) integrates a Motorola V60 phone into a cradle and has handsfree operation with a clear reception and sound, because it uses the vehicle sound system speakers and integrated mike you can turn the volume up/down with the radio knob, cool features like whenit rings it lowers the volume on the radio pauses the cd/cassette when you start talking on it, I have it in my S8 and had it in my UrS4/s6. Didint get it in my RS 6 but maybe now I will.

Just my .04 cents

Bajo:addict:

dabull
May 3rd, 2003, 01:07
Does the integrated phone option include the phone? I already have a V60 installed in my A6 4.2 but it doesn't interface with the radio (probably due to the installer) .

jfrocke
May 3rd, 2003, 02:42
I was told that the option DOES include a "special" Motorola V60 phone. Supposedly it has special software or something.