PDA

View Full Version : New A4 looks?

Leadfoot
February 22nd, 2007, 12:25
Now that we have seen the A5 in all it's glory, will the A4 follow it's lines or be totally different?

What's your thoughts on the subject.

Speedou
February 22nd, 2007, 13:24
Front and side line will be close but the back end totally different. Just my 2cent.

tazsura
February 22nd, 2007, 13:30
I've not been that impressed by the pics of the A5 so far. I'm hoping it looks much better in the flesh. :confused:

So on that note, i hope the A4 does not copy the A5 with the additon of an extra 2 doors. :noshake:
Taz :360:

rqiu
February 22nd, 2007, 15:07
My guess is that A4 definitely will look differently than A5. Both headlights and taillights will be different.

Leadfoot
February 22nd, 2007, 15:11
I should have made myself more clearer, I meant do you think the A4 will use the same swish down it's flanks as the A5?

rqiu
February 22nd, 2007, 15:29
My guess is yes.

tailpipe
February 22nd, 2007, 21:13
The new A5/ S5 has got me all excited, not because I particularly lust after this car, but because of what it suggests the next A4 will be like.

When you compare the internal workings of the A5 to the B6 or B7 A4, it makes you realise that huge advances have been made since the B6 A4 was introduced. The gap between B6/7 A4 and B5 A4 is nothing compared to the gap between B8 and B6/7.

Obviously, the new platform has a lot to do with this, because it should dramatically improve ride and handling. But the engines are also a step forward. The S4 should be fantastic, especially if it has a 4.5 litre 350 bhp engine.

The future success of both A5 and B8 A4 models will, however, hinge on two things IMHO:

1. Pricing relative to the BMW 3-Series and Lexus IS
2. Performance, ride and handling realtive to the BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class

In terms of quality and comfort, Audi should walk it.

Leadfoot
February 22nd, 2007, 21:56
Likewise I am very excited by what looks from the illustrations and technical description of what the mechanics under the skin. I have every belief that this time for certain the A5 and A4 will be so far ahead of the competition that it will be impossible for the motoring press to ignore it's total superiority.

This new awd system is exciting, it should eliminate understeer to a level that only used as a reminder that total grip has been lost and not a product of a heavy nose. Also the system should allow the ability to dial in slight oversteer from the throttle input if only to help tighten it line in a corner.

An interesting couple of months are ahead of us.:applause:

rqiu
February 22nd, 2007, 22:10
Leadfoot, I agree with ya. Man, I cannot wait...

Cale24
February 24th, 2007, 15:13
Anyone ready to place an order? I know I am beginning to want an S5 quite badly- its growing on me all the time.

rqiu
February 24th, 2007, 15:19
I want an S5. Guys in Europe are luckier - we have to wait much longer.