PDA

View Full Version : Dash "Clicking"

mw109c
February 22nd, 2007, 05:56
On my RS6 I often hear "clicking" for a short period of time after cold-start, coming from behind the dash to the left of the instrument cluster. This clicking usually starts after the car is driven a short distance, ends fairly quickly and doesn't return, and often (but not always) seems to begin after a turn. The clicking sounds like relay "chatter" and not mechanical settling. Does anyone have an idea of what this likely is??? I suspect it's "normal", but it'd be good to actually know where/what the clicking is coming from.

Thanks,

- Mike

Aronis
February 24th, 2007, 02:06
There are several types of mechanical clicking common to A6's as you discribe, I heard it in my 2000 A6 4.2 as well in the RS6, yes after a cold start, yes goes away.

I also hear clicking from my suspension, both sides, front, which I hear best in the summer when I am driving with windows down, more so on points where the car changes pitch, ie going up a driveway rise or similar which I suspect, but cannot prove, is the mount for the leveling sensor used for the head lights.

Mike