PDA

View Full Version : RS6 gotta go!!

RS6Canuck
February 22nd, 2007, 02:07
The GT3 997 is coming :incar: so it is time to plan on parting with the Beast:cry: . Here are the details;

In Service Date: 07/15/2004
Mileage: 15,300
Audi Certified Series through 07/15/2010 - Full Regular maintenance included
Exterior/Interior color: Daytona Grey/Silver
Options:
Solar sunroof
Carbon fiber interior trim
Sound enhancing exhaust
Power rear and manual side sunshades
Satellite radio (XM)
Navigation (with recently updated set of N.A. discs)
Car currently on snows (Dunlop Winter Sport M3, 7,300 miles) mounted on stock rims. Summer ties (Pirelli P Zero Rosso) have approx 13,300 miles on them.
New set of rubber mats (front & back)

Car is located in Cleveland. First $58k takes it!

DetailersDomain
February 23rd, 2007, 15:08
wow amazingly low miles, good luck on the GT3 and the sale on your beast.

Avus-RS6
February 23rd, 2007, 18:25
That seems like a very competetive price for a low mile and well optioned RS6. Good luck with the sale!

RS6Canuck
February 23rd, 2007, 19:00
Thanks, feel free to spread the word. The car is in perfect condition and has warranty coming out the wazoo!

rs6marc
February 25th, 2007, 01:05
I would love to buy your RS6, however your location states your in the USA, I've heard Canadians cannot import the American RS6?

Best of luck with the sale, car sounds fantastic.

Any Canadians selling there RS6, as I am looking?

Marc in Calgary.

:cheers:

RS6Canuck
February 25th, 2007, 01:35
Marc, I am a Canuck (hence the User ID). I am originally from T.O.

As mentioned above I am in the process of buying a 997 GT3. I was in Toronto on the weekend and went to the car show. Canadian MSRP for the GT3 was $147k...here in the US...$106k...the exchange rate today is around 1.15...you do the math...oh ya...and on top of $25k savings on the MSRP I don't have to pay the GST. Best guess I will have my car out the door, taxes paid, with approx $26k in options for the CA$ equivalent of $147k!! If you are a car nut you really need to be living south of the 49th parallel.

The following website is a good resource if you are considering importing a car into Canada from the US.

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_vehicle_admissibility.html

The unfortunate part is that they specifically mention the 2004-2004 Audi RS6 as "Inadmissible".

My understanding is that the only reason they had 90 or so RS6's to sell in Canada in 2004 was because they didn't get sold in the US. A little known fact was that Audi priced these cars above the market and as such had trouble moving them through the dealerships. A friend of mine was dying to get an RS6 back in 2003 but was told they weren't bringing any in. So he bought his wife an S6 Avant, and himself a GT3, only to find out the next year he could have bought an RS6... Anyway, happy car hunting.

rs6marc
February 25th, 2007, 01:41
Thanks for the great information, I realize the limited numbers but I still have hope. There are a few people looking for me as well and with the new S6/RS6 coming I hope there will be a few around.

RS6Canuck
February 25th, 2007, 02:04
No worries.

Can't say that I had any interest in the new S6 until Car & Driver rated better overall that the E60 M5. Still, visually I'm not that impressed. I did drive a new S8 the other day and was very impressed. That is a gorgeous car. In fact I also had the chance to drive an RS4 as well...very, very impressed. I had a 2005 S4 before the RS6 and the differences, to me, between it and the RS4 are like night and day. It really felt like a sports car (versus small sports sedan). There really is no shortage of amazing cars these days.

Anyway, I hope you get your hands on an RS6 someday.

melsas
February 28th, 2007, 19:46
PM sent.
(Anyone have any other contact info for this member?)

LIRS6
February 28th, 2007, 22:11
What kind of interest are you getting at that price ($58k)? Just curious. Good luck

RS6Canuck
March 9th, 2007, 16:30
I have a trade in value equivalent to $58k from my dealer. The GT3 doesn't arrive until June so the dealer and I have agreed that we will see what they can get for it (spring is coming) and we will split the difference. Read this as I have received (an offer for) the 'first $58k'. Therefore if anyone is interested the number will have to north of $58k. In fact make that $59k, going through the dealer is pretty seamless, a private sale isn't.