PDA

View Full Version : ORDERS thread

RXBG
February 21st, 2007, 17:26
hey gents. who has ordered or (if in the US, has a deposit) and how do you plan to spec it? i'd like to focus on those who have ordered and WILL order the car.

me- ice/black/carbon blade, possible gunmetal rims, hold the leather dash

KiwiRS4
April 14th, 2007, 04:13
Signed my order form today.

JetBlue exterior with silver blades. Black leather interior with carbonfibre inserts. Recaro sports seats.

Qisha
April 14th, 2007, 22:06
The first quote of R8, ready to be shipped to the USA. :D

Audiphile
April 15th, 2007, 04:22
I have placed what is called a "hold" order on an R8 with my dealer with the following criteria. First of all, I will not be getting my R8 till next spring or early summer of 2008. Here is why...my dealer here in Southern California is one of the selected dealers in the country to launch the quattro GmbH Audi customization program. It is quite unbelievable and has not been released yet in the US market. Audi owners purchasing nameplates such as the A6, A8, S/RS models, and the R8 will be able to customize their cars in the same way as Europeans can through quattro GmbH specialized boutiques. If you have ever travelled to Germany and gone to Inglostadt you will know what I mean. In the US, specific dealers (requires an investment on the dealer's part) will set up a quattro design boutique in their dealership where the customer can do the same thing as the Europeans. You can mix and match leathers, woods, colors, paints, and the options will be endless. Quattro GmbH is launching the program in the US from a mandate from Inglostadt. We should see this program launched at specific dealers in fall of 2007 with the first cars arriving in late spring or early summer 2008 for those thatcustomize (and yes, it will be expensive). For example, the A8L will be available with the European business package that includes the electronic rear tables (desks) with business recliners as we have seen in the Maybachs and so forth. There will be many options and styles availalble for top-line Audis.

This means that I will wait to see how I can customize my interior with various colors and leathers including different rim packages not available on the first batch of R8s. Therefore, I told my dealer to wait for this program so I can customize. Currently, only the A8L and the A8L W12 have a high level of customization for the owner, but it is limited in terms of colors and so forth. This will not be the case in the future. Audi is giving us what we have been asking for years.

RXBG
April 16th, 2007, 15:43
anyone have info on whether the R8 will get the very cool new key from the A5/S5 line or not?

RXBG
April 26th, 2007, 18:17
aaaaaaaah the pain of waiting. will prob not get my car until jan/feb 2008. stuck driving the S4 till then.

but at least the LED headlights will be a possibility.

RXBG
May 3rd, 2007, 16:32
i think i just moved up to number 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only a professional baseball player ahead of me now...

KiwiRS4
May 4th, 2007, 01:50
Mine is confirmed to arrive here on the 30th Nov. I could have had it in September but decided it would be my Xmas pressie to myself so closer to Xmas is best :D

Ned

M3 owner
May 5th, 2007, 10:37
http://germancarscene.com/2007/05/04/r8-sells-out-before-july-launch/

chewym
May 7th, 2007, 01:21
anyone have info on whether the R8 will get the very cool new key from the A5/S5 line or not?

I don't think so. It has the old key and keyhole.

Arslanoff
June 30th, 2007, 20:31
My friend ordered R8 this week in Germany, and he send me the list of specs he had ordered. Check this out, what do you think guys? It is so cool!!! Black... all Carbon.... almost full options!
I like the the seats, same as in RS4!!!
http://rs119l32.rapidshare.com/files/40260017/Audi_R8_Full.jpg :R8:

SoCal
July 11th, 2007, 06:59
My friend ordered R8 this week in Germany, and he send me the list of specs he had ordered. Check this out, what do you think guys? It is so cool!!! Black... all Carbon.... almost full options!
:R8:

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

It's nice to see all the European ordering options, since the initial orders being taken in the U.S. have options that are so limited.

guessWHO
July 11th, 2007, 12:29
the R8 has a normal key ... like on the A4/S4/RS4/A6/A3/ etc ... only the A5/S5 has the new key wich in my opinion is not so cool ... look at the Audi loo on the A5 key ... it's like it would say : "MADE IN CHINA" ... here in Europe you can now buy your R8 with custom colours for the exterior and also for the side blade.

RXBG
July 31st, 2007, 14:42
well guys. my situation has been resolved. i will be getting my car in jan or feb 2008, for sure it seems. i cannot go into details for now, but suffice to say that a huge stress has been lifted from my shoulders.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ps- the order will be:

ice silver with black interior

convenience package

BO sound system

navi system

level 1 leather upgrade (full leather seats, handles, doors, knee bolsters)

alcantara headliner (this is a pure splurge, but i think it'll look mean as hell)

CF side blade, if available. if not then it'll be apollo gray