PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Opener

vec110
February 20th, 2007, 00:50
hey i have a question. I dont have the manual for the rs6 and it is not like my s4. i did install a newer garage door opener and i dont know if there is a different proceedure to set this up? thanks in advance!

SAF
February 20th, 2007, 01:14
With my A3, you had to hold the remote near the front left headlight after clearing and activating the Homelink in the visor. In the RS6 you need to clear the buttons by holding the left and right until they blink changes, then hold the remote up to the visor and simultaneously press remote and desired Homelink button.

I think.

Aronis
February 20th, 2007, 03:20
After doing that you have to push the LEARN or PROGRAM button on the Garage Door Opener for it to "LEARN" the Audi home link signal.

That works for MOST homelink setups...

Mike

PS Just did mine today....LOL....moved...again...

Las Palmas
February 21st, 2007, 00:37
When you are pushing this program button do you have to push anything in the car also.I am a little confused.Please go thru the whole process again.Thanks:cheers:

vec110
February 24th, 2007, 01:34
thanks everyone...with all this help i figured it out. wasnt that bad!!!
step one - unplug garage door
step two - hold 1 and 3 for 20 sec until led starts flashing
step three - hold whatever button you want your code for and start pressing your remote for the door until the led starts flashing fast.
step four - plug garage door in again and press the learn button located on your motor (mine i had to remove the light cover to find it.)
step five - run back to your car and press the newly programed button. i had to do this three times then the light on the opener flashed a couple times and everything worked properly.

Thanks again everyone!

Aronis
February 24th, 2007, 01:42
you don't have to unplug your garage door opener, just make sure your car is not sticking out under it! LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

It's easy, did my car and my wifes car last week. All are the same regardless or make or model.

Mike

vec110
February 24th, 2007, 01:45
true but you should have seen me when i was trying to figure it out the day before!!!! my door was going up then down then up then down then... my neighbors must of thought i was crazy!!! so its not for you its for the neighbors!

Aronis
February 24th, 2007, 01:59
No, they probably thought the guy next door was flicking a switch in his house that he did not know what was connected to it. LOL

Mike