PDA

View Full Version : New Audi Designchef.

Iceman
February 14th, 2007, 17:00
The 44 year old "Wolfgang Josef Egger" will become the new Audi Designchef and follow up Walter Maria de Silva who is going to Volkswagen.
Egger was previus leading the design department of Alfa Romeo.

Hans.

Ruergard
February 14th, 2007, 17:53
Don't know what I think about this, me and Alfa Romeo isn't that good friends when it comes to looks... I think Silva has done a great job! :/

Iceman
February 14th, 2007, 18:00
Don't know what I think about this, me and Alfa Romeo isn't that good friends when it comes to looks... I think Silva has done a great job! :/
De Silva also comes from Alfa Romeo before his Seat and Audi time.
And i believe Egger designed the Alfa Romeo 8C.

Hans.

JavierNuvolari
February 14th, 2007, 18:54

Hans.

That's what I read too.

Cheers,

Javier

Leadfoot
February 14th, 2007, 20:27
Does anyone remember the late Italian design which Audi input :vhmmm: ............... oh yes, :bow: the R8.

I look forward to another great combination of flair with German logic.:p

Benman
February 15th, 2007, 00:07
The 44 year old "Wolfgang Josef Egger" will become the new Audi Designchief...

Hans.

Oh great. Some already complain that some white Audis look like eggs (white 99'-03' A6, current Q7, etc). I can just hear it, "There goes another egger"...

Ben:addict:

chewym
February 15th, 2007, 02:17
Isn't de Silva still the main VW/Audi designer, or in other words he still has the final say on what happens even in Audi?

nene
February 15th, 2007, 02:50
Jury is still out. I think Walter had done a pretty decent job though. Not sure this is an upgrade or downgrade for 'fishmouth' man! Good luck to both.

roadrunner
February 15th, 2007, 08:43
Isn't de Silva still the main VW/Audi designer, or in other words he still has the final say on what happens even in Audi?

da Silva is head of VW group design - therefore in my understandig he always has the last word on all design decisions.

I am not too worried, about Egger being new Audi chef designer - Alfa is desing wise not that bad school after all.

seb.

tailpipe
February 15th, 2007, 11:18
Anyone who designed the Alfa-Romeo 8C Competizione is okay in my book. Nice one Audi.

El_cucaracha
February 15th, 2007, 13:03
alfa 8competizione looks nice so i'm happy

Damienr8
February 15th, 2007, 19:58
De Silva also comes from Alfa Romeo before his Seat and Audi time.

Hans.

The 8C is BRUTALLY SEXY. Gorgeous design. I am glad to have Egger on board. I hope he can continue what Da Silva excelled upon at Audi.