PDA

View Full Version : Pick it up Friday!!!

Webbah
February 12th, 2007, 18:04
My long wait has almost ended! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas and it has been agonizing. Ordered on November 17th.

Got the call today that it is en route via train from Germany to Switzerland now, and delivery on Friday to me is probable. Apparently the PDI will take place in the Swiss German part before they send it to my dealer (Auto Dynamics in Gland) and this should happen on Wednesday.

Already on the agenda:

Thursday: Tacot-Net will do Teflon treatment before I take delivery on Friday

Friday: Pick her up in the AM. Drive directly to Digit-Power and have Milltek cat back resonated valved exhaust fitted between 3-5PM. Then leave directly for a drive to Paris. Actually, not directly in Paris but on the outskirts. I wouldn't want to drive her in downtown Paris... hehe.

Sunday: Return to Geneva. Total Km should be around 1,500 at this point.

Monday: Change oil and send factory oil for analysis. :mech:

Pics to come!!!

Cheers,

Webbah :wo: :race:

jasaretta
February 12th, 2007, 20:40
Nice :)...very very nice :)

LU-RS6
February 12th, 2007, 22:50
Webbah you sure sound dedicated :dig:

I wish you a lot of fun with your beautiful beast to come, stay safe and hope to meet you sometime.

Best regards
LU-RS6

Webbah
February 12th, 2007, 23:05
Hey Lu-RS6,

I still haven't forgotten about our little road trip! ;) I'm still in mate!

LU-RS6
February 12th, 2007, 23:09
Hey Lu-RS6,

I still haven't forgotten about our little road trip! ;) I'm still in mate!

Haha great, me neither :thumb:

I'm letting the topic rest to come back with a blast in March :dig: All you gotta do now is go hit the road and practice mastering your beast :rs4kiss:

In the meantime what we want is pictures, vids, the whole lot :rs4addict

But first, Enjoy!!

OzRS4
February 12th, 2007, 23:25
Hi Webbah, Congrats.

Mine was ordered in early Nov too but still waiting- 4 more weeks to go!

The plan sounds just perfect. Have a great drive to Paris, love to hear what you think. Definitely lot of pics please.

Happy driving! :thumb:

AudiAllroad
February 13th, 2007, 07:22
Congrats! Longing for pics.

Have a long Christmas time now..

/audi

Webbah
February 20th, 2007, 08:39
Just a little update for everyone (that cares...) ;) My car has been delayed until this Friday morning. Was quite disappointed last Friday to hear the news, but I've waiting since November and another week won't kill me. At least they were kind enough to give me an A4 Avant 3.0 TDI to use until then. Actually kind of amazed at the torque this thing puts out so the RS4 will be a dream!

As promised, pics will come. Milltek is due for install on Monday the 26th and will show detailed pics of the install of that as well with it on the racks.

Best,

Webbah

OzRS4
February 20th, 2007, 09:46
Hey Webbah,

I found out today mine will be delayed for at least 4 weeks. The delivery date on my order was Jan/Feb and now it will be April at the earliest! So don't feel so bad. Apparently, there was some industrial dispute in Germany and all production got pushed back a weel or more.

Just a few more days for you. You're one lucky man. Can't wait to see some pics of your beast.

MR USER
February 20th, 2007, 14:12
Webbah, did you consider the fact that the RS4 with the S button engaged is illegal in switzerland? It noise polluting!!! you might not pass the test if you chage the exausts! You might end up like all the tuning guys in geneva...
THey chage back to OEM parts each time they take the test and once passed they fit the modded parts!

For the engine management consider that the original equipment is progressively changing for the first 10-15k km! Mine started with a rev limiter of 7800 rpm and is now well above the redline!!! (8300)

Power wise is brutal compared to the first days....

But this is just my opinion....

On the Tacot-Net.... Fully agree!!! they do an excellent teflon treatment. I had it on mine as well and i'm extremely happy with it!!!

Would be good to meet you and fab for a spin may be on the tight bends of the saleve just to warm up the rubber!

Webbah
February 20th, 2007, 14:25
MR USER:

Very interesting about the S button. How could they even sell the car if it was "half illegal"? Digit Power (www.digitpower.ch) will be doing the exhaust and confirmed that I will get certification papers within 3 weeks. I'll have this in writing prior to them mounting the Milltek. That way, if I ever need to change it back to OEM for inspection I have some legal grounds with them to change it for free as they promised it was certifiable (also confirmed with Dominic Tranchet of Tranchet Trading who supplies all Milltek in Switzerland). The requirement is to have the valved system so you can go quiet in the city. Also, no downpipes can be changed.

I have no plans to change the ECU mapping until after 10,000 Km, but after that I will likely go to Biasca and do it at DigitalTuning (www.digitaltuning.ch). Used them on my 996 and 997 Porsches and was very pleased. Best 1,000CHF spent. Includes Dyno tests before and after as well, and they have one of the few 4 wheel Dyno machines...

Would love to meet you guys! In fact, perhaps you can join us (LU-RS6) when we do our road trip into Germany. Until then we can hit the Saleve or Jura mountains... ;)

Best,

Webbah

LU-RS6
February 20th, 2007, 15:40
MR USER:

(also confirmed with Dominic Tranchet of Tranchet Trading who supplies all Milltek in Switzerland).

I have read this article on their website few days ago:

http://www.tranchet-trading.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=7

The RS6 milltek catback system already gained homologation in Europe and Switzerland.

So guys don't worry I am sure the same will count for the RS4B7 soon, and as digitpower is claiming this might already be the case.

Hope to meet your beasts soon, keep me posted and I'll be there for sure :dig:

Webbah
February 20th, 2007, 16:02
Just found a place in Geneva that carries Motul 8100 E-Tech 0w40 Oil. Many other forums have said this is very good quality oil. You guys change your oil shortly after delivery or are you planning to follow the dealer service intervals? LU-RS6? MR USER?

MR USER
February 20th, 2007, 16:06
I try to change it every 5000 km. and I did change it shortly after braking in the engine... i think 3000 km.
It does no wrong to your engine to change the oil frequently... in doubt... just go for it!!!

In 25k km i think i changed it 4-5 times...

LU-RS6
February 20th, 2007, 16:45
It does no wrong to your engine to change the oil frequently... in doubt... just go for it!!!

I second that...it is like fresh air for the longues of your car. Won't do any harm...every 5k kms sounds very frequent though :vhmmm:

I am not visiting a dealer with my car, I am going to a private mechanic (who ofcourse works in an audi garage) and he is treating my rs6 like a baby. Not like being just another number in a garage. On top of that he is much cheaper...TV freishaltung with custom button in middle console didn't cost me more than about 40-50 EUR. If I'm correct he is charging me about 15 EUR per hour, which is at least half of what a garage would charge.

Best regards
LU-RS6

MR USER
February 20th, 2007, 17:50
So when are we going to visit the Ring in Nurburg?

Webbah
February 21st, 2007, 09:55
LU-RS6 is planning a nice trip in this forum:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836

You should join us!

Webbah
February 23rd, 2007, 09:57
Only 2 more hours before the beast is MINE!!! Photos to come soon! I am so stoked!

MR USER
February 23rd, 2007, 10:39
at what time you pick it up?

LU-RS6
February 23rd, 2007, 13:08
I don't think we'll be reading much "Webbah" posts in the near future :D

MR USER
February 23rd, 2007, 13:19
I fully agree!!!!

On monday I will be in Biasca... I could not resist the temptation.
The guys of digital tuning will get me 30+ ponies and about the same in torque... on top of that They will remove the limiter.... 300Kmph here I come!!!

Webbah
February 23rd, 2007, 23:14
Hey guys,

WOW! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with the new ride. Picked it up at 3PM and couldn't stop driving until almost 11PM! ;)

Off to Paris tomorrow and back on Sunday evening. You're going to be really happy with the Digital Tuning guys. Wish you could have waiting to go with me but I totally understand!!!

I'll be off to Digit-Power on Monday myself to have the Milltek installed. Looks like we both with be having a good Monday!

Took a ton of photos already but no time to post now. Exhausted and need to wake up early to leave at 7-8AM.

Best,

Webbah

LU-RS6
February 24th, 2007, 00:26
Hey guys,

WOW! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with the new ride. Picked it up at 3PM and couldn't stop driving until almost 11PM! ;)

Off to Paris tomorrow and back on Sunday evening. You're going to be really happy with the Digital Tuning guys. Wish you could have waiting to go with me but I totally understand!!!

I'll be off to Digit-Power on Monday myself to have the Milltek installed. Looks like we both with be having a good Monday!

Took a ton of photos already but no time to post now. Exhausted and need to wake up early to leave at 7-8AM.

Best,

Webbah

Hi Webbah glad to hear you enjoyed it so far :rs4addict

I myself had a milltek catback installed on my RS6, and my god the sound is :love2::love2::love2:

On your RS4 it will sound even better IMO.

When will you be at digit power on monday? I'll be there too because they have to relacquer my exhaust tips, looks like they havent done it thoroughly.

A pic and a soundfile (http://sven.geschiedenisles.com/leftlane.wav) of my milltek (sorry for offtopic)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/Chillax666/DSC02052.jpg

Webbah
February 25th, 2007, 10:17
I'll be there at about 2PM! Should be there until 4-5PM as they said it takes a few hours to do. Also having the oil done so I'll be there all afternoon. Hope we can meet! :incar:

Ciao,

Webbah

Hi Webbah glad to hear you enjoyed it so far :rs4addict

I myself had a milltek catback installed on my RS6, and my god the sound is :love2::love2::love2:

On your RS4 it will sound even better IMO.

When will you be at digit power on monday? I'll be there too because they have to relacquer my exhaust tips, looks like they havent done it thoroughly.

A pic and a soundfile (http://sven.geschiedenisles.com/leftlane.wav) of my milltek (sorry for offtopic)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/Chillax666/DSC02052.jpg

MR USER
February 26th, 2007, 21:27
As I told my RS4 about her younger sister arriving to Audi montbrillant and about her new owner sending her on a beauty farm weekend she got kind of upset... To make up to her I had to call the guys in Biasca and ask them for a very urgent meeting as my baby needed some special attention. So today at 15 we arrived there and they plugged their PC to my baby.. Shortly after that we were driving hapily away with approx. 450 bhp bit more torque. The rev limiter now kiks in at 8600 rpm and there no longer is a speed limiter... I did not have the chance to try out how fast it goes but I'll post a pic of the cockpit max out as soon as I have someone stupid enough to sit next to me while I do it!

LU-RS6
February 26th, 2007, 22:13
As I told my RS4 about her younger sister arriving to Audi montbrillant and about her new owner sending her on a beauty farm weekend she got kind of upset... To make up to her I had to call the guys in Biasca and ask them for a very urgent meeting as my baby needed some special attention. So today at 15 we arrived there and they plugged their PC to my baby.. Shortly after that we were driving hapily away with approx. 450 bhp bit more torque. The rev limiter now kiks in at 8600 rpm and there no longer is a speed limiter... I did not have the chance to try out how fast it goes but I'll post a pic of the cockpit max out as soon as I have someone stupid enough to sit next to me while I do it!

Glad to hear it goes all the way now.
Am planning to have mine delimited within the next week /2 weeks. Still doubting between Sportec and Digit Power.
Maybe a stupid question, who is the tuner in Biasca?

Regards

KK265
February 26th, 2007, 22:22

I would like to see a video 0-250,260 km/h or a comparison between yours and a stock car.It would be very interesting i thing.

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 00:34

Great post... :thumb: I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I had a little frustration today at Digit Power. I don't speak German so it was a bit difficult to talk with them. Anyway, they were almost done installing the Milltek and I walked into the service bay. Saw that they were installing one that had dual-tips and not Ovals. I was pretty pissed. They then tried to tell me they didn't exist with Ovals yet for a valved system. I got Dominic Tranchet on the phone with them and he confirmed that they do have Ovals, but it would take 10 days to have it delivered. They then installed the non-valved system with Ovals for me to "test" until the valved one arrives. I'm cool with that, but it means I have to take another day off and drive there for a re-fit. Kind of disappointing, as I spoke with them 4 times prior to my arrival and told them exactly what I wanted. However, after driving through the first tunnel on the way home my disappointment faded quickly! ;)

The sound now is incredible! Should have the valved one I wanted by mid-March at the latest.

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 00:37
Glad to hear it goes all the way now.
Am planning to have mine delimited within the next week /2 weeks. Still doubting between Sportec and Digit Power.
Maybe a stupid question, who is the tuner in Biasca?

Regards

www.digitaltuning.ch

Much better pricing than Digit-power and better results. They have a 4-wheel Dyno as well. It's also 900CHF cheaper than Digit power.

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 01:25
Webbah I've read this post after sending you my last PM, please disregard my questions about the delimiting part.

Those guys of digital tuning are cheap :wo:. Even the tuning is mighty cheap, but I doubt whether my aut. gearbox can take 717Nm :hahahehe:
I'll contact them first thing tomorrow about delimiting my car.

thanks!

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 01:36
No problem! Maybe MR USER can post some comments after having it for a few days. Sure, it's exciting the first day after doing it, but I'd be more interested in a report after a few days of hard driving.... ;)

I used them on my 997 and was very pleased. Just note that they speak limited English. Most of them only speak Italian. I brought one of my friends from Milan last time. It's cool to see them do the 2 dynos before and 2-3 after as well. They'll give you a full dyno report and a CD with your stock program (make sure to ask for this) afterwards.

Another thing I've heard, but can't confirm, is that Swiss Audi dealers are flashing the ECU programs during every major service. This sucks if true. Digital Tuning will put it back for a small fee as they have your custom program on file.

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 01:50
As promised, here are some pics of the new beast! :rs4addict

Webbah

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 01:56
Some additional pics... :thumb:

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 09:09
SWEET RIDE!! :rs4addict

Exactly how I would order it :dig:

Congrats! :bow::bow:

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 10:44
Webbah, Just a small correction.... They told me in Biasca that they would refit the ECU software for free. as many times as I need. moreover they store all the history of the ecu as well so that no trace will be left once the original software is fit back!

The first inpressions are good. The thig I like the most is that you can take advantage od the 8000 rev delimiter when pushing hard. Normaly if you change close to 8000 or slightly above you kind of loose some of that sweet hard pull that the engine gives you. As you konw the beast pushes without interruption till the limiter. Now that the limiter is around 8600 you can rev freely in the red zone and get much more efficent gearchanges.

The second avantage is the extra power and the extra torque gained. This is a minor gain as we are talking about a mere 7% but is noticeble as the smootheness of the revving is increased being the mix of air and fuel "dryer" (less fuel). The engine feels slight more aggresive but much more responsive.

I had no chance to try out max speed as traffic was not ideal and when it decreased bad wether started... (will not do 300 kph on snow that is for sure!!!)

KK265 I will do that gladly. I have to find the right spot for that and around here is really hard. especially for the 0-250 part as most of the top speed sposts i konw they require average 200 to start with and there is no chance to do the whoule run in one go... I'll try that in Germany on the Ring with LU and Webbah the day we go there!!!

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 10:45
Webbah, What a car!!! Congratulations!!! I want to hear the exausts once fitted... as I'm thinking of that as well as the kompressor form Frederic in MTM!!!

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 11:14
Webbah, What a car!!! Congratulations!!! I want to hear the exausts once fitted... as I'm thinking of that as well as the kompressor form Frederic in MTM!!!

Anytime mate! I already have the unvalved Milltek installed so you can hear it when you want. We should take a small trip to the Jura perhaps soon? :vhmmm:

The only thing that will change when I have them fit the other Milltek is that it will be valved and I can make it go quiet in downtown Geneva using the S button. For now I'll just piss off my neighbors... :hahahehe:

I really want to go to Biasca, but think I should wait until at least 5,000-10,000 Km on the car. As you speak Italian do you think you could ask them if I should wait until she's broken in? Would really appreciate it! :thumb:

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 11:20
MR USER/LU,

Do you guys know of any place in Geneva to order a VAG-COM (in English)? I'd like to get one to hook up my laptop and check fault codes and alter some settings...

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 11:43
Webbah, I know that there is a digitaltuning in lausanne... I reccomend you wait till 15k km as the engine does not unleash hell till then. if you are really impatiente go for it after 10k... earlyer han that and you will not be experiencing the full power of the car... mine was much slower and the engine was "harder " when new ans gradually released the full potential.

They suggest to run at least 1500 km before the chip tuning. Moreover if you ahve an engine problem due to some little issue you will void the warranty right away... waiting a year will not do you any harm!!!!

What about this WE for the spin on Juras' roads?

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 12:41
Webbah, I know that there is a digitaltuning in lausanne... I reccomend you wait till 15k km as the engine does not unleash hell till then. if you are really impatiente go for it after 10k... earlyer han that and you will not be experiencing the full power of the car... mine was much slower and the engine was "harder " when new ans gradually released the full potential.

They suggest to run at least 1500 km before the chip tuning. Moreover if you ahve an engine problem due to some little issue you will void the warranty right away... waiting a year will not do you any harm!!!!

Yeah, I figured that was the wise thing to do... I already have 2100 Km after 4 days. If I keep this pace up it will be less than a year... :0:

I'd love to go this weekend! I just need to make sure that the temperature is above 4-5 C on the roads as the dealer gave me the car with Summer tires and is having a problem finding winter tires in 19 inch... Kind of pissed about that as he could have ordered them 3-4 months ago and he just forgot... :deal: (not Giuseppe, will explain privately).

It's so hard to keep the RPM's down! I've been really good about it so far, except for one instance on the motorway in France. Some guy in an R32 left the toll booth at the same time as me and it was too tempting. I blasted it up to 8,000 RPM for a second and blew him away and then backed off. It's just so tempting!!! Hope I didn't do any engine damage as it only had 1000 Km at that point... :confused:

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 13:43
IMO when the engine is hot and so are the fluids you can run it right away to 8000. Just do 30 minutes driving or about 50 km to make sure that is at working temperature. After all we do this with the racing engine... we run it free (weels lift up) for about 1 hour then in the track we bring it up to max rev then down then up again and down... try only not to keep the engine at hig revs for a prolongued period of time.

I have summer tires too... did not bother getting winter ones as I would have compromised my grip for most of the km i drive! after all 5 cm of snow just demand a little care.

I will PM you and FAB to see if he wants to join as well!

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 14:29
IMO when the engine is hot and so are the fluids you can run it right away to 8000. Just do 30 minutes driving or about 50 km to make sure that is at working temperature. After all we do this with the racing engine... we run it free (weels lift up) for about 1 hour then in the track we bring it up to max rev then down then up again and down... try only not to keep the engine at hig revs for a prolongued period of time.

I have summer tires too... did not bother getting winter ones as I would have compromised my grip for most of the km i drive! after all 5 cm of snow just demand a little care.

I will PM you and FAB to see if he wants to join as well!

I had my winter tires on till last week because I got tired of running them in good weather :( First of all the tires melt like butter in such weather and second of all I have to keep the car under 240km/h :(

I've driven 20.000kms now since end of November so you can imagine how hard it is not to push till the limiter. Anyhow, now with the summer tires on I will be delimiting my car end of the week and check whether I'll see 300km/h :applause: With delimiter it easily goes up to 275-280kms, so I think 300 should not be a problem.

You guys in the RS4 will have a big advantage on the backroads, but I wonder how my car will compare on the highway.

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 14:30
MR USER/LU,

Do you guys know of any place in Geneva to order a VAG-COM (in English)? I'd like to get one to hook up my laptop and check fault codes and alter some settings...

I can get you the VAG-COM if you need. PM if so.

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 14:31
I'll try that in Germany on the Ring with LU and Webbah the day we go there!!!

Anytime my friend, anytime :thumb:

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 14:40
What do you mean anytime? I thought you proposed a day and we kind of agreed... Am I wrong? is still to schedule?

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 15:03
I think you're wrong... :vhmmm:

I only mentioned organizing a drive through Germany (and adjacent countries) with a couple S/RS audi's somehwere end of spring beginning summer. Or to the IOM ofcourse, right Webbah? :jlol:)

So, when will we try to tame the Grüne Hölle...?

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 15:17
MMM ok it must be that i'm getting old... or it could be a side effects of driving too fast as I go ahead in time!!! :)

Should we try and set up a tentative date? I OFFICIALY PROPOSE A MEETING ON THE 18th OF MAY!!!!

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 15:31
MMM ok it must be that i'm getting old... or it could be a side effects of driving too fast as I go ahead in time!!! :)

Should we try and set up a tentative date? I OFFICIALY PROPOSE A MEETING ON THE 18th OF MAY!!!!

Might prove to be a problem if you want to go to the ring because it isn't open that day.. But hey, the whole of Germany is my Ring :incar:

MR USER
February 27th, 2007, 15:47
No compromise on the ring... that is a phisical necessity... is a drug more than a circuit! Let's change immediately the date!!!!

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 16:08
I'm in for May! Any date should be ok during that month I think. Isle of Man is also a trip I would love to do at some point, but I think Germany is more realistic as it is next door to us... ;)

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 16:10
I had my winter tires on till last week because I got tired of running them in good weather :( First of all the tires melt like butter in such weather and second of all I have to keep the car under 240km/h :(

I've driven 20.000kms now since end of November so you can imagine how hard it is not to push till the limiter. Anyhow, now with the summer tires on I will be delimiting my car end of the week and check whether I'll see 300km/h :applause: With delimiter it easily goes up to 275-280kms, so I think 300 should not be a problem.

You guys in the RS4 will have a big advantage on the backroads, but I wonder how my car will compare on the highway.

My understanding is that Winter tires are required in Germany during Winter. Is that true? I'm driving to Hannover in March for Cebit and don't want any problems with the police. However, being on the autobahn with winter tires is going to be a little bit of a bummer if the weather is good!

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 16:11
Maybe these dates:

Opening times Nordschleife TF:

<table class="Form_classic" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="FormTR"><td align="left" valign="top" width="50">Datum:
</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180">Freitag, 4.05.2007
</td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="250">von 17:15 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
</td> </tr> <tr class="FormTR"> <td align="left" valign="top" width="50">Datum:
</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180">Samstag, 5.05.2007
</td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="250">von 17:30 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
</td> </tr> <tr class="FormTR"> <td align="left" valign="top" width="50">Datum:
</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180">Sonntag, 6.05.2007
</td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="250">von 8:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Drive there on Fridag noon, do some laps in the evening. On Saturday we can go out for a trip and in the evening do some laps. Sunday all day Ringtime and in evening go homewards?

Just a suggestion, it's the only Friday the Ring is open in May.

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2007, 16:12
My understanding is that Winter tires are required in Germany during Winter. Is that true? I'm driving to Hannover in March for Cebit and don't want any problems with the police. However, being on the autobahn with winter tires is going to be a little bit of a bummer if the weather is good!

I have asked this to a couple of German suppliers of mine and they all state that it could only be a problem if you have an accident regarding insurance etc.

Ruergard
February 27th, 2007, 18:00
Great looking beast! Looks so good in black! :thumb:

Webbah
February 27th, 2007, 23:19
Great looking beast! Looks so good in black! :thumb:

Thanks mate! I struggled for a long time on that one. Was torn between Daytona and Black and after seeing both side by side in the shade and in the sun the black one me over. Daytona is a great color too and it wasn't easy!

Webbah
February 28th, 2007, 09:57

MR USER,

My understanding is that the one in Lausanne doesn't have a 4 wheel Dyno machine. Only Biasca does. A couple of questions for you:

1) Did you get the print out of the Dyno? If so, can you send it to me or post it here? PM me if you want to keep it private.

2) How do they tune the ECU? With the S button there are two programs right? Do they only modify the Sport setting and delimit the car? Or do they modify both programs? I find the stock sport setting to be a little nervous and edgy. Shifting takes some getting used to compared to the non-S setting. Would be interesting to know what they do.

I realize we are discussing many different topics now in this thread I started. Perhaps we should create a new thread?

Cheers,

Webbah

MR USER
February 28th, 2007, 10:36
I did not dyno the car... for that I should have waited much longer to get the appointment and as I was there for other business I decided not to delay...
I would have loved to have the dyno done!!! I told them they could have my sister for a ride on teh dyno but it was taken! (and i have no sister!)

The Eprom and the S button are 2 different topics... We have 2 units (one each 4 cilinder) but they control the air and fuel intake. All they do is replace the standard settings with one that at same rev inputs less fuel. This requires the engine to change the timing of compression and explosion and delivers a bit more power as the mix in the cilinder is richer in air.

THey also remore the speed limiter and change the Rev limiter to 300 revs more.
The limiter does not have the same style either. instaed of baing intermittent like the standard one it settles at the top rev and does not increase anymore.

The S button regulates the responsiveness of the throttle and opens the valves of the exausts. This does not influence the engine performances (although I find it seems to accelerate harder when S is pressed)

I found the address in Saint Pre for painting and fixing alloys. It is relatively cheap and I will have that done on the 12th. Pictures will come right after Paradise carwash polishes my baby for me! If you are interested I will give you the address.

PS be careful with Paredise Carwash as they once scratched one rim... make sure you check it well on pick up. Apart from that excellent service!

OzRS4
February 28th, 2007, 11:03
Hi Webbah,

Congrats on getting an awesome car :thumb: . Where are the pics??? Please post us all some to see. 'm waiting for mine, also phantom black. Would love to see it with the Milltek you've got on.

Cheers.