PDA

View Full Version : Audi S6, BMW M5, MB E63 Track Action Animation

chewym
February 11th, 2007, 03:42
Motor trend put the three cars on the race track and used the data to create this virtual race. Click download the virtual road test to watch.:race:

The S6 does better than most people would think (I assume)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/virtual/112_0702_luxury_sports_sedan_comparison_vrt

Here is the comparison with the S6 taking first place.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/sedan/112_0702_luxury_sports_sedan_comparison

And the test results

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/sedan/112_0702_luxury_sports_sedan_comparison/specs.html

roadrunner
February 11th, 2007, 10:18
This is a very nice feature - imagine this on the nordschleife.:incar:

Interresting how the S6 gains in the "twisties" and the M5 uses its raw power on the straights and fast corners.

The Merc is disappointing.

greets
seb.

Ruergard
February 11th, 2007, 15:36
Lateral acceleration and braking the S6 wins hands down!

When it comes to cornering Quattro is the way to go. And for "only" 435 horsepower it does pretty well in the straights to I think. A great car it is, shame that it's not getting the attention that it deserves.

Erik
February 12th, 2007, 10:11
Interesting!

1ST PLACE

AUDI S6
Effortless V-10 power, unfailing quattro stability, supreme comfort and style. Frankly, far more entertaining to drive than we expected. Makes $74K seem like a bargain.

2nd PLACE

BMW M5
Enjoy race-car moves-if, that is, you can deal with the cyborg interface. The Terminator sedan for those who like to tweak and fiddle.

3rd PLACE

MERCEDES-BENZ E63 AMG
What Zeus would drive. Fast, rowdy, thunderously powerful, though a bit of a blunt instrument compared with 1 and 2. The choice for rocketing across Germany at V max.

Leadfoot
February 12th, 2007, 12:10
Nearly 400lbs heavier and 70hp down, it an amazing result and the figures speak volumes.

What it spells out plain and simple is

"RWD needs this weight and power advantage just to hold it's own against Quattro" :dig:

MBCA S6
February 12th, 2007, 21:22
I'd bet that if "average" owners of these cars were used rather than pros or MT personnel that the S6 would win with a comfortable margin. The S6 is much easier for the average driver to control and drive near its limits. In fact, the M5/E63 drivers might spin out or wreck trying to keep up with the S6.

Gustav
February 27th, 2007, 20:46
Yup, the M Dynamic Mode was on so that definetly made the M5 suffer in perofrmance.

Duma
March 2nd, 2007, 19:54
I saw that test on TV ..

1. mb
2. s6
3. m5

Leadfoot
March 2nd, 2007, 20:51
I'd bet that if "average" owners of these cars were used rather than pros or MT personnel that the S6 would win with a comfortable margin. The S6 is much easier for the average driver to control and drive near its limits. In fact, the M5/E63 drivers might spin out or wreck trying to keep up with the S6.

Yeah, something that the average M driver will dismiss, they laugh in the face of danger. Something to do with their manhood,:vhmmm: or is it the lack of.:hihi: