PDA

View Full Version : in search of information & RS6

GNXJerry
February 11th, 2007, 03:08
newly converted Audiphile would like to know everything about RS6's.

-how many were made worldwide?
-870 (?) U.S. versions. Any breakdown of #'s by color/option?
-were they raced anywhere else than SCCA? (2003-04 back to back Victories)
-DTM safety car RS6-anyone have one?
-RS6 car clubs--would love to see a sea of RS6's. (photo or for real)
-did Audi ever have the RS6 in a commercial?
-has anyone painted theirs in the red/silver racing paint scheme?
-how many lucky owner or drivers have been able to drive the RS6 at Nurburgring?
-anyone in S. Florida want to show off their RS6 to me? Or race my Buick GN. LOL
-how much automobilia is made for this Audi? I have 1/43 minichamps RS6's.. and
also the official poster and SCCA poster, and Audi brochure. NEVER seen model
in 1/18th. All other toys and collectables for the RS6 would like to be known.

--MOST IMPORTANTLY, I'll be looking to buy my own RS6 this summer. REALLY want one with super LOW mileage (10k or under+-). My option choice is Mugello BLUE for 1st choice, Avus SILVER 2nd. Silver interior is preferred. I Love the carbon fiber interior option too.

****** but before this happens I must find an Assisted Living Facility to put my parents into, and sell our luxury golf course home near the gulf of Mexico in Florida. I hope someone who reads this may be able to hook me up with my DREAM car in the near future. Thank YOU all****************************

ruxprncd
February 11th, 2007, 03:15
Race for pinks? (just kidding...especially if you're not stock...I know those turbo sixes can be insanely fast!)

Go over to youtube to check out some cool RS6 videos, if you haven't already.

FYI I'm in Tampa.

mmaturo
February 11th, 2007, 06:49
DO IT you will love it, most impressive car I have owned, a huge smile everytime I get out of it...there is plenty orf low mileage cars popping up for sale...I would suggest a Certified car from an Audi dealer for the up to 100K and two more years of warranty though. You must have either a certified car or an extended warranty (aftermarket) on this thing. You will not want to eat a tranny (~$12K) or DRC (~$6K) repair on this thing.

There was more than 870 shipped to the US...I have not seen an exact number but more like 1100 to1200 to North America. I have seen a number just above 8000 for total world wide production for the 03 and 04 (in Europe only in 04 w the RS6+ version I think) model years.

Personally I would want a car around 20K that maybe has been driven a little and worked through the kinks but I have seen a few 13-15K cars latety. Under 10K I would be worried about it as it wasn't exactly driven ever. There is a lot of them up in Chicagoland for sale at dealers (cars coming off lease are making a bit of a glut) so I think you will find you could get a good deal (buyers market on them now...prices have dropped a lot on them recently as now a $50K car) and either fly up and drive it back (my choice as great drive especially w Tenn and the mountains in the middle of the drive) or ship it. I know there is a silver on silver one here for sale and was a blue one recently too. Mileage was in the low 20s. There is plenty of Audi fans up here that would go check out a car for you, including me (Audiworld.com members that I mention below).

Check out Audiworld.com too if you haven't already found it and spend a day to read back through the posts (back in time since it started) in the RS6 section (I am MARKNMTT over there)...you will learn plenty. Also on the Audiworld.com forum a member put together a list of VINs and colors (plus forum member names w their cars and any comments related to known wrecked or modded cars) so had at least 300 I think on the list.

No RS6 car clubs but up in Chicago we have so many we have had 5 at a time anyway at audi club events or at the track. I see one everyday in traffic here it seems. Which is why i spent $2700 importing the titanium finish 5 spoke 19in RS+ wheels from Europe to make my car unique around here.

Not much for the car for the little stuff...i have the little model Audi minichamps in Daytona like my cae and that is it. I have a hat(ballcap) Audi put out late last year (they made some when they also made them for the RS4), and a watch that Audi sold until recently. In Europe I think i remember seeing a wind breaker or jacket too for sale early on.

DO IT

vec110
February 12th, 2007, 23:37
the only bad thing i saw on this car is going to be the resale. i just bought mine about two weeks ago (not good story either...been in shop for week now, see my post in drc failure) but resale on them is not going to be good at all. i was interested in leasing this vehicle when i went looking for one and the lease payments were going to be 1200 for a 36 15k year lease. audi is predicting that in 36 months the car will only be worth 25k. it ended up being cheaper to buy it outright. i think this is why many of them have dropped recently to this 50k price tag which is what i bought mine for with 37k miles on it. dont get me wrong i would do it all over again though!!!

JAXRS6
February 13th, 2007, 01:28
GNXJerry, the number of RS6s produced worldwide is around 8,700 as reported here in someone else's earlier post. The number sold in the US grew some. The original US number was around 870 but the final total was around 1200, AOA told me about 2-3 years ago.

Never saw or heard of an RS6 commercial, at least in the US. Most of the original owners ordered ahead, and ad campaigns are for vehicles with much higher production numbers.

I'm between Fort Myers and Sarasota -- Mugello blue with silver. Mine's not for sale, and its mileage is way too high for you, but it's in great shape and rattle-free at 62K mi if you're not too far and want to take a look & maybe a ride:rs6kiss:

PS -- Check out my "priors" below for a cousin of the GNX. Have you visited Bradenton?

skiwi
February 13th, 2007, 01:53
if you want to be an rs6 nut, you will need to get a dvd of "layer cake" now undertaking a resurgence due to the daniel craig factor. no car chase aka ronin though....

mmaturo
February 13th, 2007, 21:20
Resale is hell and I think AOA nailed the lease residual value as I think that is about right unfortunately...I was going to sell my car to lower my car payments and decided not to as I was going to take a HUGE bath on it from what I paid for it a year (and a half now) ago and what it is worth today...and my remaining balance on my car loan is way higher than resale...and trade in on it is $26K less than what I paid for instance ...certainly not an investment but worth every penny for the grin on my face every day.

That is also why i just bought the car also rather than lease as payments were the same...just didn't think it would tank in value...that is the advantage of a lease on the car is that you can give it back to them at the end and not eat more of a loss.