PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron at 407 km/h - Be ready for the Video...

Mr Balsen
February 6th, 2007, 20:59
Bonjour,

Be aware, this video is absolutely first class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKffZd9Os80

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Erik
February 6th, 2007, 21:07
Repost, but a good one.

However I'm not so sure he was the one to drive 407 km/h...

Leadfoot
February 6th, 2007, 21:08
Frederic, is this the one with James May from Top Gear?

If so, it amazing. I would never have thought any car would be that stable at 253mph, what a car.

Erik, why do you think it wasn't him who drove at 407km/h? Top Gear would have said so if it wasn't the case.

Erik
February 7th, 2007, 07:26
TopGear is entertainment nothing else :)

Leadfoot
February 7th, 2007, 08:19
TopGear is entertainment nothing else :)

Tell that to Richard Hammond.;)

Benman
February 7th, 2007, 20:05
The Bugatti is truely an extraordinary machine, a supreme accomplishment of man and mechanics. Why people still get the common cold is beyond me. Oh wait, different topic.

Two Thumbs way up!:0: :0:

Ben:addict:

ZCD2.7T
February 8th, 2007, 02:50
Just unbeLIEVABLE!

I particularly like the part at the end where Clarkson compares the experience of top-speed testing the Veyron with other cars, like Ferraris, and Koenigseggs (sp?).

I fail to understand how anybody could respond to this car with anything other than utter amazement and respect. I actually fries my cookies to read reviewers' comments about it not being "involving" enough, even after it makes an Enzo look like a Hyundai in an over-the-road handling loop.

A stunning car - and someone only about 10 miles from me gets his in a couple of months. I don't know him, but I know someone who does, and I'm not shy, so who knows, maybe I'll finagle a ride sometime! :wo:

LU-RS6
February 8th, 2007, 09:20
Repost, but a good one.

However I'm not so sure he was the one to drive 407 km/h...

I'm not even sure whether they were actually able to really drive 407 km/h..in a previous test in Ehra-Lessien German program Auto Motor Sport maxed out the veyron at 402 km/h. As they were professionals I don't see how Captain Slow was able to reach 407 km/h.
Top Gear is the best motoring show I've ever seen, but there's a lot of editing going on. Also notice how every "race" (e.g. Veyron against plane) is always a very close call.

Leadfoot
February 8th, 2007, 10:42
I'm not even sure whether they were actually able to really drive 407 km/h..in a previous test in Ehra-Lessien German program Auto Motor Sport maxed out the veyron at 402 km/h. As they were professionals I don't see how Captain Slow was able to reach 407 km/h.
Top Gear is the best motoring show I've ever seen, but there's a lot of editing going on. Also notice how every "race" (e.g. Veyron against plane) is always a very close call.

Fair point, but in light of Richard Hammond's accident I doubt they would mislead the public, will ask the gang next time I see them.:0:

With regards to their races car versus ...., there is a lot of research done to make it a close race and remember both forms of transport are restricted to a legal speed limit allowing for a close race and better TV. But on this note, isn't funny how Jeremy Clarkson always seems to win this group test at the very last minute, as I said makes for good TV.

LU-RS6
February 8th, 2007, 11:57
funny how Jeremy Clarkson always seems to win this group test at the very last minute, as I said makes for good TV.

I suppose his ego put in a strong word with the production team :D

Speedou
February 8th, 2007, 12:44

Heh, 407 against 402? Little different in wind and that's it! Doesn't mean anything if you are professional or not. I agree that Top Gear is using editing etc. But don't believe that they are really cheating us.

LU-RS6
February 8th, 2007, 12:48
I don't know man....with all the money going on in the car industry, marketing depts. and television industry, regretfully one can't be too sure anymore of what is true and what is not.

Speedou
February 8th, 2007, 15:10
I don't know man....with all the money going on in the car industry, marketing depts. and television industry, regretfully one can't be too sure anymore of what is true and what is not.

That's more than true. Can't deny. Still that so small different at those speed. So I do believe it. But anyway...over 400km/h :revs:

LU-RS6
February 8th, 2007, 15:12
But anyway...over 400km/h :revs:

That's the best conclusion of this discussion I could think of :thumb:

Duma
February 8th, 2007, 17:38
fasttttttttt..........

Benman
February 10th, 2007, 00:19

What are you guys talking about? It was on TV, so you KNOW it must be true!!!:noshake: :hihi:

Ben:addict: