PDA

View Full Version : 17696 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Short to Plus ???

quick500
February 4th, 2007, 15:21
17696 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Short to Plus P1288 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

I am getting this error on my 2004 RS6 if anyone can help it would be great. I have already replaced the valve and the error still appears

nene
February 5th, 2007, 04:16
Sorry to hear that the replacement of the Valve did not fix the issue.
I did an in-depth search, and was unable to find much either, except another RS6 owner that had same code, and valve replacement did not fix the problem.

I think you may have to go back to the dealer and see if they have better ideas.
Good luck, and don't forget to report back.

skiwi
February 5th, 2007, 07:33
the code is for a short to positive.

the valve itself is simple to check. remove the front engine cover, locate the valve (to the right of centre). remove the tubes, leave the wiring connected. go to dtm in vag-com and go through the options until the n249 one apears. execute the test, you should hear the valve click (i have a stethascope for this sort of thing). to make sure the valve is sealing correctly, connect a tube to the central (top) port and blow while the dtm is running. as the valve should be opening and closing, it will be noticable as you blow into the valve.

if the valve is (as expected) ok, check the wiring. the valve is connected by 2 wires, through a green connector to a black one: the green/blue goes to the ecm, and the green/yellow to +connector by the fuse box (noted as above fuse 234).

:mech:

quick500
February 5th, 2007, 14:27
SKIWI: Thanks problem solved.