View Full Version : Top Gear's comment on R8

AndyBG
February 3rd, 2007, 03:12
Writen coment about R8...

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/020-audi-r8-in-las-vegas/

chewym
February 3rd, 2007, 03:49
Seems like the guy liked it.

Does anyone have any info on the March issue of Car that has the Audi R8 comparison vs. 911 and Gallardo?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/images/issues_covers/001_CARMARCH-UK-225.jpg

Leadfoot
February 3rd, 2007, 11:25
In CAR they rated the R8 very highly indeed, about it's looks they said it made the Gallardo look dated what with it's sharp angles and wedgy looks, they F430 looks over-fussy and the Porsche a frumpy retro joke (their words not mine). They said compared to the others performance-wise, it's faster than the 997S but slower than the Lambo :doh: well it is 100hp down and 135kgs. They reckon it's performances sits roughly in between the Porsche and the Lambo, so in other words the Lambo isn't as fast as the figures suggest or is it a case of both the Porsche and the R8 are quicker than what they suggest.

They rate the manual and not the R-Tronic so that saves £5K and reckon the standard brakes are as good as one would ever need, another £5K saving but the Magnetic-ride suspension is a must and makes the R8 one of Audi's best riding cars which includes the A8 and Q7, so in other words the best riding Supercar in the world.

They still reckon the feel of the Porsche is the best but ultimately the R8 out grips it and isn't that far behind on the other.

R8 is a GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!

BSR
February 3rd, 2007, 19:49
:thumb: i cannot wait to read this article from CAR!!!!!!!! :cheers:

RB

chewym
February 4th, 2007, 00:09
Don't like articles without instrumented tests, I was hoping for a real comparison. But it is better than nothing I guess.

ZCD2.7T
February 5th, 2007, 23:06
Don't like articles without instrumented tests, I was hoping for a real comparison. But it is better than nothing I guess.

That's interesting. I've just started subscribing to "EVO" magazine, which doesn't put much emphasis at all on instrumented tests (mainly reporting mfr's. figures), and I find the articles to be much more engaging because of that....

They focus on how the car feels and does in the real world, rather than report unrepeatable test-track figures.

Not a criticism of your comment, BTW - the divergence of our views just "struck me". :cheers: