PDA

View Full Version : When will the new RS6 be available??

xmuni
February 3rd, 2007, 01:22
Hi guys I'm new to the forum.. I'm close to pulling the trigger on an 07 S8 to replace my e55.. Lease ended in Sept.. However, I have started to read a few things about next years new Rs6... I'm seriously considering waiting... Does anybody know when it will be available here in the US... Also, what will the MSRP be???? In 03 the RS6 was 10k more than the e55. The choice was easy then... For the record.. I have no interest in the M5.. Thanks guys.
:addict:

xmuni
February 3rd, 2007, 14:51
Nobody knows huh... I guess im very spoiled with the members on 6speed

Leadfoot
February 3rd, 2007, 14:54
Hi guys I'm new to the forum.. I'm close to pulling the trigger on an 07 S8 to replace my e55.. Lease ended in Sept.. However, I have started to read a few things about next years new Rs6... I'm seriously considering waiting... Does anybody know when it will be available here in the US... Also, what will the MSRP be???? In 03 the RS6 was 10k more than the e55. The choice was easy then... For the record.. I have no interest in the M5.. Thanks guys.
:addict:

I reckon it will not be on sale State side before Sept 08 in other words a year after your lease ends, as for the price my gut still says it will be dearer than the E63 (the successor to the E55) but reckon the difference between the two will be a lot closer this time round.

Wise man not to be interested in the M5.:thumb:

rks838
February 4th, 2007, 00:08
I believe it's coming out within the year, but as to the last RS that came to the States, it may be delayed...over and over...but, it'll have 550hp, maybe more, it may be worth waiting.

SoCal
February 6th, 2007, 07:13
It will be worth waiting, now doubt, and vastly superior to the M5 and E63.

You'll be lucky to be able to buy a new RS6 in the US before year-end 2008, though, and that's a long time from now. So what to do in the meantime?:vhmmm: In your shoes, I'd get the S8 now -- which is a really fabulous car -- and then, whenever the new RS6 does come out, swap it.:burnout:

LIRS6
February 6th, 2007, 16:38
^^^^^What SoCal said^^^^^. As to pricing, it will be interesting to see what Audi does this go-round. At prior intro of the RS6 to the U.S., they over-estimated demand by a couple hundred units which left some dealers with multiple cars sitting on their lots for many months, and Audi was forced to throw "trunk money" at the dealers to dispose of them at heavily discounted prices (I bought mine "new" May '04 for $73k vs. $87k sticker). I suspect that Audi will have learned from this and will probably limit sales here which will keep price firm - my guess is $105k with various options pushing it up to $115k for serious buyers (ceramic rotors etc).

JAXRS6
February 6th, 2007, 20:33
I sure hope the MSRP doesn't exceed $100K USD, but I suspect it will be close. Once it tops $100K it becomes easy for me to consider two-car alternatives, for example a Z06 and an A3 ... or a Charger SRT8 and a Mini, with change left over for a boat. Clearly there are more good choices today than when the 03 RS6 debuted.

Or, I could keep the RS6 I have and get a very nice boat!:hihi: :hihi:

Just kidding ... sort of. I guess my point is, more power is good but I don't want to be played as a sucker for it by paying lots more for minimal improvement. So far Audi's newer performance models are showing significantly higher prices, but I have yet to see significantly faster times than the 4.6 0-60 Audi used to market the 03 RS6. (I know, I know -- handling is just as important, right? But it's also harder to quantify, and I don't get to use it much on the flat & mostly straight roads I travel.)

V10? Sounds nice, but unless it's significantly faster than the TT V8 underhood now, why pay a lot more? Plus I'm not particularly fond of the big newer grille on anything larger than an A4 and I haven't seen any renderings with fender flares or rocker panels as distinctive and handsome as the ones on the current model.

I am looking forward to seeing the new car, assuming it gets produced, but it'll have to knock me out on looks and improved performance to justify my spending over $100K.