PDA

View Full Version : R8 vs CZ06

AndyBG
January 30th, 2007, 01:16
Autozeitung put those two, head to head ...

http://www.autozeitung.de/online/render.php?render=0041887

Babelfish translation...

Duel with Dramatik

With that 420 HP of strong supersports cars R8 wants to demonstrate AUDI to the competitors Mercedes and BMW true sportyness. But to the first comparison an American announced herself: 512 HP strong Corvette Z06 "Wow, ago with this sports car, which it is to cost?" Smarte memo thirties from the enormous Chevrolet Offroader, which we meet at the gas station at the Lake Mead boulevard, to the AUDI R8 demonstratively its wallet points and pulls. Our second car, 512 HP strong, bang-red Corvette, interests it less: "property I already in the garage." The eddy on the test travel in the region of the overturned player city did not read Vegas, where verruecktheit is a normal condition, takes an end. The secondary and backers brake, honk or signs, as soon as they see the German sports car. Even Sheriff William Browny, a grimmiger two-meter giant, that stops us on the Highway, is curious. "no, young, too fast drove you, but does not tell me which about this coole car!" And folds itself up to the seat sample. These reactions might please Martin winter grain. Because first of all the enormous US market is rather important for AUDI, and secondly the former Audi-boss, in the meantime to the Volkswagen company head, ascended the spectacular R8-Projekt personally pushed

If one wants to be a sporty mark, one must also demonstrate ", argues he. 420 HP strong central engine two-seater, which is related in some constructional details to the Lamborghini Gallardo (see number 1/06), is now demonstratively the genes of the fivefold Le of the same name Mans Siegrennwagens R8 on the road to bring. Thus winter grain gives a pointed message to direction Stuttgart and Munich: Attention, Mercedes and BMW, here the true exclusive supersports car comes. "the R8 is now our guidance wolf", is called it with AUDI self-confidently. Already the base data of the only 1.25 meters high flat man, who is built up in the AUDI work Neckarsulm in over 100 hours of manual work from 5196 parts, make which ago. From R-S of the 4, 4,2-Liter-V8-Benzin-Direkteinspritzer, lengthwise between passenger compartment and rear axle platziert, admitted gets along without turbochargers, has however the license for winding up - the electronic limiter intervenes only with 8250 /min

Also the maximum torque of 430 Newtonmeters, which meets with 4500/min the crankshaft, is a strong announcement. It works, typically sports car, more in the upper speed range: stand for 90 per cent with full load between 3500 and 7600/min ready. The R8 is natural quattro - with tail-stressed kraftverteilung, but with (traction)Bedarf the Visco clutch up to 35 per cent of the driving power transfers to the front wheels. And despite all-wheel drive the R8 with 1560 Kilos is owing to aluminum body still another lighter representative of the kind. So much to the papierform. Enter, please

chewym
January 30th, 2007, 03:28
Not much of a comparison here, basicall just states some R8 tech specs.

The Z06 is likely about half a second quicker to 60 and about 30,000 cheaper, but the R8 has a lot that the Corvette doesn't.

The Z06 is the best performance per dollar road car. The R8 on the other hand is a very compeling overall package.

JavierNuvolari
January 30th, 2007, 03:40
The R8 is far more usable car...then again it is quite a lot of money over the Z06.
I happen to like both of them.

PeterJohn
January 30th, 2007, 15:10
The only thing a car has on a motorcycle is comfort and practicallity. Take that away, and you've got a vehicle that offers less thrills for more money, and is a PITA in everyday traffic. (while a bike can cut through it) Cars like the Lotus Elise/Exige, the ZO6, Porsche GT3, CSL take a way the only edge a car has on a motorcycle.

So IMO, the ZO6 is not at all a performence bargain. You can buy several bikes for that amount, that are practically the same as the ones competing in Motor GP. That goes for all those cars that sacrifice comfort and practicallity.

So the price of the R8 may be a lot more, but for what you get, the R8 is a lot cheaper. Once the novelty wears off, the ZO6 will just give you a headache. While, even if the novelty wears off, the R8 is continues to serve its owner as a comfortble, speedy way to get around.

Leadfoot
January 30th, 2007, 16:42
Agreed unless you're into power sliding and then the bike is really out of it's depths. But in saying that, how many road cars do you know that can wheelie.

Benman
January 30th, 2007, 20:27
The only thing a car has on a motorcycle is comfort and practicallity.

Take that away, and you've got a vehicle that offers less thrills for more money, and is a PITA in everyday traffic. (while a bike can cut through it)

Amen...

I can't wait to take delivery of my 07' 600RR... heck, on certain circumstances, I even find my 250 more entertaining than my Beast!:eye: :bigeyes: Car's just don't deliver the thrills like bikes do.

Back OT, the Z06 is hands down the better "bang for the buck" car, but the R8 will be so much better as the "every day driver". :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
January 30th, 2007, 23:01
Back OT, the Z06 is hands down the better "bang for the buck" car, but the R8 will be so much better as the "every day driver". :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Ben and the gang, the Z06 isn't fit to tie the R8's shoes. Sure it's the quicker in both acceleration and lap times, but it's a very rough diamond in the usual American style, high on quantity but short on quality. This is not a pick against the Z06 it's just it not a quality product where the R8 very much is, people who would buy a R8 wouldn't even look twice at the Vette, though I bet a certain man who owns a Gallardo and the Vette will disagree with that.

I don't think we will see that many reviews this side of the pond testing these two together.

RXBG
January 31st, 2007, 21:41
all you need is a slightly moist tarmac and the Z06 is TOAST baby