PDA

View Full Version : EPC warning light - CC replacement

jasaretta
January 29th, 2007, 23:33
Just got back from AUDI - after the EPC light came on yesterday. They tell me the catalytic converter needs replacing. Second one they have done.

james

Audihead
January 29th, 2007, 23:44
What was wrong with the CC? Did you get a look at it?:mech:

jasaretta
January 30th, 2007, 00:50
What was wrong with the CC? Did you get a look at it?:mech:

Are you kidding LOL :lovl: ...I wouldnt know what a CC looked like if it stood up in my soup!

They are ordering one in and when I take it in I will get more details and post them

james

OzRS4
January 30th, 2007, 08:57
Just got back from AUDI - after the EPC light came on yesterday. They tell me the catalytic converter needs replacing. Second one they have done.

james

Hi James,
thanks for the info. It's good to know they know what the problem is and know how to fix it without any hassle. My X5's auto has a tranny noise when downshift from 3rd to 2nd and after 2 years and 3 times replacing transmission fluid which fix the problem for about 6 months then the noise returns, they (BMW Aust) can't work out a permanent fix. Glad to move on to Audi!
Quang

Audihead
January 31st, 2007, 02:00
Are you kidding LOL :lovl: ...I wouldnt know what a CC looked like if it stood up in my soup!

They are ordering one in and when I take it in I will get more details and post them

james

They are the larger sections of your exhaust system. You have four of them. One on each downpipe and one on each side further downline before your resonance box. I thought they might have shown you the offending part. you could shine a light in it to see if it was melted or something else had happened to it.:mech:

jasaretta
March 8th, 2007, 20:46
So they have replaced the Cat converter. So far so good. Car then developed a strong rattle from the exhaust. Turns out the little flaps that open in the exhaust when you push the SPORTS button is rattling. They are ordering a new muffler for me.

Two days after i get the cat back - the EPC light is back on. :( - back she goes.

Will keep you up to date. james

Audihead
March 11th, 2007, 23:48
Sorry to hear of all the problems. You think these cars built by Quattro would have better QC standards.