PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne RS4's....it's time...

jasaretta
January 27th, 2007, 21:31
...for another drive, lunch and gabfest. Suggestions for date and time?

BryanF
January 28th, 2007, 11:09
Hello Jas

I trust Santa was good to you over the Xmas period !!

I'm good for the third or fourth weekend in Feb.

I understand Gazzab knows a few more RS4 owners and I'm sure I can chase up some eager starters.

How about the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay for lunch and then back through Deans Marsh on the way home...........:incar: : ..lots of corners and fast straights.Very few roundabouts though ..:doh:

BryanF

gazzab
January 28th, 2007, 11:54
Hi Bryan, ignore my other post in the third gear thread, yes keen, will check out my diary.

Gazzab

OzRS4
January 29th, 2007, 11:05
Greetings to the Melbournian RS4s,

Last Wed 24th Jan, I received a confirmation from my dealer that my RS4 was IN production and should be delivered in 6 weeks....that would be roughly the 7th of March...allowing a few days or a week of "unforeseen" delay. That means I won't be able to make it for the upcoming trip until late March as I initially suggested.

Gentlemen, I would have loved to join you all but mine is still in the factory!!! :confused: . I guess even though my order went in on the 10th Nov and the production only started last week...all these times was just in a queue? Does that sound right to you all? - 18 weeks altogether from order to delivery.

If all is well, I'm definitely heading down there for the weekend 23rd-25th March so please keep your Sunday 25th free for another "RS4 DRIVE".

rs4some
January 29th, 2007, 11:34
Are you sure about that as i thought you said that your RS4 was arriving in February?

So does that mean that if you ordered your car right at the end of December you would get it delievered at the same time as your November order if it got scheduled for that build period

surely that doesnt seem right

jasaretta
January 29th, 2007, 11:40
3rd or 4th weekend in FEB good for me. JAS

OzRS4
January 29th, 2007, 12:13
Are you sure about that as i thought you said that your RS4 was arriving in February?

So does that mean that if you ordered your car right at the end of December you would get it delievered at the same time as your November order if it got scheduled for that build period

surely that doesnt seem right

hi RS4some,
My order paperwork was in on the 10th Nov and it said Jan/Feb delivery and NOW I'm told first-second week of March. I heard average is 14 weeks but mine will take 18 weeks! :vgrumpy: Someone on the forum said the factory takes about 7-8 days to complete an order, that leaves 4 weeks for the car to get to Sydney and a week for pre-delivery check...arrghh I hate waiting!

rs4some
January 29th, 2007, 12:32
When you signed the MTAA sale sheets from your dealer it should have stated on there when the car was to arrive, if you are getting stuffed around like that i would threaten to pull the sale and then see what happens

Also get your salesman to check as they are able to see exactly to the date when you car is being built by audi as they have it on their system in the salesroom

sockamber
January 30th, 2007, 11:25
Hi Guys,

I've got all sorts of functions over the next few weeks. I'm clear for either Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th. Sorry can't do 24th but Sunday 25th is ok.

Yarra Valley or Great ocean Road ?? I'm easy.

:rs4addict

Michael

gazzab
January 30th, 2007, 12:03
Hi Guys,

I am free any weekend in February apart from the 5th/6th, so it looks like the weekend of 17th, how about Sunday the 18th.

Gazzab

gazzab
January 30th, 2007, 12:04
Hi Guys,

I am free any weekend in February apart from the 5th/6th, so it looks like the weekend of 17th, how about Sunday the 18th.

Gazzab

Or Sunday the 25th?

Gazzab

cally
January 31st, 2007, 00:56
Remember to take some photos for us to see thxxxx

sockamber
January 31st, 2007, 00:59
I prefer the 25th also - however I'll go with the flow...

:rs4addict

Michael

gazzab
January 31st, 2007, 01:22
OK lets lock it in for the 25th February, next step is where, Great Ocean Rd vs Yarra Valley.

Then lunch venue.

I have a colleague, who has a PB RS4, I will invite him as well.

Gazzab

sockamber
January 31st, 2007, 02:22
Done. My recollection was that Bryan recommended Yarra Valley & knew the area pretty well. I think that may be the way to go. This will give our babies a good run on some winding roads and taht way we won't be too silly about speeding!!

Michael

gazzab
February 1st, 2007, 06:43
Recommendations for lunch?

Gazzab

jasaretta
February 1st, 2007, 20:38
I'm happy with whatever the group decides.

M3 owner
February 2nd, 2007, 08:01
Why don't u drive up 2 Sydney so I can c ur cars ??
I'll even through in lunch.

BryanF
February 20th, 2007, 12:09
Hi guys

I've been out of the loop the last three weeks with heavy work commitments.
Are you still interested in a drive this Sunday 25th ? If not do you want to set another date..

We could meet somwhere on the Maroondah Highway in Ringwood,drive up through Lilydale,Healsville , the black spur onto Alexandria then head up through Yea and back to Yarra Glen for lunch at one of the many wineries.Then head home via Eltham for some more corners or head straight back home through Lilydale.

The Circuit is approx 210 kms Lilydale back to Lilydale so allow approx 2 !/2 hours driving plus lunch plus you time to get to the starting point.

Speed could kept to a sensible level but with plenty of good corners !!

Let me know what you think.

Bryanf

gazzab
February 20th, 2007, 12:12
Hi Bryan, I can't believe this, I was all set for this Sunday, I now have a business meeting I can't miss and then one of my best mates suddenly announces his daughters christening late that afternoon, so I need a rain check.

Gazzab

BryanF
February 20th, 2007, 12:16
Gazzab

Thats fine ...I think we should book a date in late March that we can all put into our diaries and give us some more time to chase up some other RS4 owners as well.Make it a real day...the more the merrier !!

Your thoughts

BryanF

sockamber
February 20th, 2007, 20:14
Agreed - - how about the Sunday after the Grand Prix - I think that's the 25th?

Michael

gazzab
February 20th, 2007, 21:02
Sorry I am on call that weekend, can't be more than 30-45 minutes away from Monash.

GB

jasaretta
February 20th, 2007, 21:21
It works out well - It's actually my brothers 50th birthday LOL - kind of forgot. Let's book something in march.

brad
February 28th, 2007, 11:11
Agreed - - how about the Sunday after the Grand Prix - I think that's the 25th?

Michael

Hi guys,

I just joined. Brianf pointed me here.

I picked up my Daytona Grey / Black Interior RS4 in January. :dance:

I'm for sure up for a drive in March. So far have no Sunday comitments that can't be wriggled out of, so any of the 11, 18, 25 March are good for me.

Cheers,

Brad

gazzab
February 28th, 2007, 11:14
Welcome aboard Brad, look forward to catching up.

Gazzab

jasaretta
February 28th, 2007, 12:25
Hi guys,

I just joined. Brianf pointed me here.

I picked up my Daytona Grey / Black Interior RS4 in January. :dance:

I'm for sure up for a drive in March. So far have no Sunday comitments that can't be wriggled out of, so any of the 11, 18, 25 March are good for me.

Cheers,

Brad

Great news! Welcome BRad...look forward to catching up on the drive. james

brad
March 1st, 2007, 10:18
Great news! Welcome BRad...look forward to catching up on the drive. james

Thanks guys, hopefully see you both then. Brad

M3 owner
March 3rd, 2007, 04:03
Can u guys down in Melb please make sure u take ur cameras 2 the motorshow & take pictures of EVERYTHING !!! Especially,the Audis,AMG Mercs & Maserati's.
Thnx !

jasaretta
March 3rd, 2007, 07:34
Can u guys down in Melb please make sure u take ur cameras 2 the motorshow & take pictures of EVERYTHING !!! Especially,the Audis,AMG Mercs & Maserati's.
Thnx !

Sure thing - will do my best. ;)

gazzab
March 3rd, 2007, 18:01
Jas have you been yet, is it worthwhile, went last year to see the RS4, overall I was disappointed. Gazzab

jasaretta
March 4th, 2007, 21:09
I went purely to see the R8 - very nice.

gazzab
March 5th, 2007, 02:18
Hi Jas,

So you are not keen to order one!

Gazzab

jasaretta
March 5th, 2007, 06:35
All the way home my girl was saying...."don't worry about another property....you buy the R8 and I'll have the RS4. It's the perfect car for me to take the kids in!"

God I love that woman.....however I will also be very broke if I listen to her LOL

gazzab
March 5th, 2007, 08:07
I know what you mean!

Any other cars worth looking at?

Gazzab

jasaretta
March 5th, 2007, 09:36
mmmm to be honest...not really. I always get a thrill looking at the ferraris, maseratis and astons.....love the astons.

brad
March 5th, 2007, 12:18
Any dates yet guys? March is going to be over soon...

gazzab
March 6th, 2007, 12:21
Brad, the way things are going for me, April is probably better, might also suit OzRS4.

Gazzab

jasaretta
March 6th, 2007, 20:47
Hey guys - sorry to threadjack but they unveiled the A5 at the motor show last night - they actually have an S5 there - VERY VERY nice :)

KoenVAG
March 6th, 2007, 20:54
small note:

we have a client waiting almost a year for his Q7 while another client ordered his Q7 in november with his car arriving shortly.

Why?

Nobody knows, we tried everythings possible as dealer but just get a 'NEIN' from Germany.:nono:

K:noshake:

BryanF
March 6th, 2007, 21:12
Guys

How about setting Sunday the 8th April for our get together.I'm unavailable every weekend until then ?

The S5 at the motor show is well worth a look ...4.2 litre V8...coupe with plenty of room!! It's based on the new B8 A4 platform.The new dash ,which I'm sure will be the new A4 dash is a huge leap forward over the current model and positively makes every thing else old fashioned.

BMW have a lot to be worried about when the RS verion of the S5 is released.It will have the M3 definitely in its sights...The Audi stand with such a wide and varied range of vehicles including the S5,R8,RS4 Avant ,S3 and Q7 made the BMW stand look very ordinary with a very boring range of 3 series.I was standing next to the X5 and didn't realise it was the new model until someone mentioned it !!!

Audi are going to slay them in the comming years !!!!

brad
March 7th, 2007, 02:54
Guys

How about setting Sunday the 8th April for our get together.I'm unavailable every weekend until then ?

April the 8th is good for me, should we lock it in? :incar:

The S5 at the motor show is well worth a look ...4.2 litre V8...coupe with plenty of room!! It's based on the new B8 A4 platform.The new dash ,which I'm sure will be the new A4 dash is a huge leap forward over the current model and positively makes every thing else old fashioned.

Don't you hate that the sports versions of cars (RS4, M3, etc) come out at the end of the model range, so that very soon it has the "old" shape, and starts to look dated. From a marketing point of view I can see why car companies do this, I'm still not happy about it though... :(

BMW have a lot to be worried about when the RS verion of the S5 is released.It will have the M3 definitely in its sights...The Audi stand with such a wide and varied range of vehicles including the S5,R8,RS4 Avant ,S3 and Q7 made the BMW stand look very ordinary with a very boring range of 3 series.I was standing next to the X5 and didn't realise it was the new model until someone mentioned it !!!

Audi are going to slay them in the comming years !!!!

BMW have been going great guns recently. Despite the "challenging" looks of the Bangle BM's they are posting record sales globally and also in most individual markets. To be honest I think the pie is becoming bigger rather than one or the other company taking more of the pie. There are just more people around able/willing to fork over big cash for a luxury/sports car.

Taking your point, however, how do you guys rate the two brands? Here are some thoughts I had:

Exterior Looks: Audi, hands down

Interior Looks: Audi, again in front -> those two "pods" in the BM cockpits just look strange to me

Handling: BMW (based on rear wheel vs front wheel and quattro, 50:50 weight distribution vs heavy front end - negative point is runflats on non M cars)

Tech: BMW (go round corners headlights use torsional force inputs rather than just where steering wheel points, rain sensor actually works, navigation system is much more precise, heads up display, etc.)

Interior controls: Audi (indicator stalk is still mechanical and can be used without wanting to rip it out of the dash, iDrive - enough said)

Any other thoughts?

Brad

cally
March 8th, 2007, 01:23
Do u guys think the M3 will smoke the RS4?? or do u think it will be nearly the same??

M3 owner
March 8th, 2007, 05:25
YAWWWNNN !!!!!!!
Questions like that r only asked 2 start flame wars,very childish.